Healthy Blackened Salmon Tacos with a sweet and spicy Chipotle Mango Salsa makes for a perfect summer dinner recipe. It's bursting with amazing flavors and everyone's favorite.
Summers are incomplete without some zesty and flavorful Fish Tacos. Be it my favorite Baja Shrimp Tacos or Blackened Shrimp Tacos or Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa or Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa or this Blackened Salmon Tacos. It's just the perfect time of the year to enjoy these delicious Tacos. It's easy, flavorful and so fun to make and assemble.
Blackening Seasoning is seriously becoming my go-to seasoning. I have used it previously to make Blackened Chicken Thighs with Chimichurri, Blackened Shrimps, and Blackened Chicken Drumsticks. Seriously, in my house, we love this sweet and spicy seasoning and everything with it.
What does Blackened Seasoning Contain?
Blackened Seasoning is basically a mixture of a number of ground spices along with sugar which when applied on Meat and Veggies and are seared, gives wonderful Blackish color to the skin of the protein and also lends a smokey flavor to it. You must have commonly heard of Blackened Fish or Blackened Chicken. Spices like Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic powder, Dried Thyme, Kosher Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and Brown Sugar make Blackened Seasoning.
What is the difference between Cajun Seasoning and Blackened Seasoning?
Cajun and Blackened are both seasonings. However, Cajun seasoning is a little spicier. It uses a LOT of Paprika, Cayenne, along with White Pepper, Black Pepper, and Oregano.
Let's talk Taste
These Blackened Salmon Tacos with Chipotle Mango Salsa are seriously so good and addictive. You have the Blackened Salmon which tastes so damn good on its own, and then combine that with a sweet and spicy Chipotle Mango Salsa and of course some Red Onions, Chopped Lettuce, and that final drizzle of creamy Guacamole! Soo good...!
FOR THE BLACKENED SALMON
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
FOR THE CHIPOTLE MANGO SALSA
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
- Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce
FOR THE TACOS
- Corn Tortillas
- Romaine Lettuce
- Red Onions
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: COOK THE SALMON
- In a bowl, mix all the ground spices to make the blackened seasoning
- Apply the seasoning over the salmon, (only on the flesh side)
- Heat Olive oil in a Pan or Cast Iron Skillet. as the oil shimmers, add the Salmon (fresh side down) and cook for 2-3 minutes per side
- After the skin gets blackened and crispy, peel the skin using a fork and shred the Salmon into large chunks using two forks.
STEP 2: MAKE THE SALSA
- Combine all the ingredients to make the salsa. Toss to combine and refrigerate until you use it.
STEP 3: Assemble the Tacos
- Char the Corn tortillas on the stovetop.
- Fill the Tortillas with chopped Romaine Lettuce, diced Tomatoes, chopped Red Onions, Blackened Salmon.
- Drizzle Lime juice, Sour Cream and Guacomole
- Ganrish with some freshly chopped Cilantro and serve.
- Lettuce - instead of romaine lettuce, you can use freshly chopped Cabbage (purple/green) or freshly chopped Kale
- Tortillas - use soft flour Tortillas instead of Corn Tortillas
- Vegetarian - Make a plant based Vegan Salmon Tacos by using strips of Baked Carrots which have been seasoned with the blackened seasoning.
- Spicy - Add More of Cayenne Pepper and Chopped Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce to make the Blackend Seasoning as well the Salsa spicy!
- Salsa - You can replace this Chipotle Mango Salsa with any Salsa you have at home.
- Kid friendly - Reduce the amount of Cayenne Pepper and add some honey and sour cream in the dressing of the Tacos before you serve it to kids. Also, skip the Chipotle Chilis in the Mango salsa and use Smoked Paprika as a replacement. Its not spicy and is rather sweet and proves to be a perfect replacement for Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce, especially for Kid-friendly recipes.
OTHER TACO RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- Mac and Cheese Tacos
- 10-minute Vegan Chickpea Walnut Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Shredded Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Marinade in Sheet Pan
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Black Bean and Corn Tacos - Healthy Vegetarian Tacos
- Chicken Pepper Tacos
- Chicken Carnitas - Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tinga (in Slow Cooker)
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. if you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Blackened Salmon Tacos with Chipotle Mango Salsa
- 3-4 lbs Salmon
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
CHIPOTLE MANGO SALSA
- 1 cup Mangoes chopped
- 1 medium sized Red Onion chopped
- 1 medium sized Tomato chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 medium sized Avocado pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce chopped
- 3 large Corn Tortillas
- 1 large Lime diced½
- ½ cup Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 1 medium sized Red Onion chopped
- freshly chopped Cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the spices to make the Blackened Seasoning. Apply the seasoning on the Salmon (only flesh side). Heat Olive Oil in a skillet or Cast Iron Pan. As the oil shimmers, add the Salmon (flesh side down) and cook for 2-3 minutes (per side). After the skin gets crispy, remove the skin using a fork. Shred the Salmon into chunks using two forks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the salsa ingredients. Toss to combine and keep refrigerate until you serve.
- Char the Corn Tortillas until the edges get brown on a stovetop. Assemble the Tacos. Start with chopped lettuce, red onions, chopped tomatoes, mango salsa, and Salmon. Garnish with chopped Cilantro and Lime juice and serve.