Keto Zucchini Meatballs with Ground Chicken or Ground Turkey is a healthy, filling, and appetizing dinner recipe which is served in a creamy, buttery, garlicky sauce. The result is totally drool-worthy. Just like these Low Carb Zucchini Fritters without flour.
For me the best part about the recipe is:
- The Creamy Sauce
- The freshness of Lemon Zest
- The saltiness of Capers
- And of course - The No Flour, No Breadcrumbs Zucchini Meatballs
Other Easy Zucchini Recipes:
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins (No Flour, No Sugar, No Oats)
- Low Carb Zucchini Carrots Tater Tots
It's really strange. The moment we think we have nothing in the fridge with which we can make a dinner recipe, almost instantly our eyes meet something.
Sometimes, it's a carrot. Sometimes, it's summer squash. And, sometimes it's a Zucchini. Well, the recipes that we can make with Zucchini are totally endless.
But, I was in a mood to have something meaty today. It's like those days when you literally "CRAVE" meat. Am I sounding like - Drew Barrymore from "Santa Clarita Diet"? 😃
Anyhoo, so with that "meaty desire" in my heart and that "ravenous appetite" I thought about making these "Zucchini Meatballs" today. And, I wanted to serve this in a cheesy, creamy sauce which is loaded with fat but low in carb!
You know how when you are on a diet and finally it's the time to eat. The moment when you are thinking like - "Today, I'm gonna just rip off everything in my sight". I Know It is totally hilarious. But, it is so true.
The time when you are so hungry that you are confused whether you are hungry or angry! And, even if you feel angry you don't know whom to be angry upon...
Well, for those days, and also for other days - here is "KETO Zucchini Meatballs".
Why You'll LOVE this recipe?
- Takes less than 30-minutes: You can trust me on that. It took me just about 20-minutes to get this done.
- Low in Carb: Since it is made without flour, these Zucchini Meatballs are Keto-Friendly and perfect for Low Carb Diet.
- Creamy Sauce: Well I am so sure about this. I am sure you will be using this sauce to make so many other recipes.
Ingredients you'll need to make this
To Make Zucchini Meatballs
- Ground Chicken or Ground Turkey
- Grated Zucchini
- Parmesan Cheese
- Red Chili Flakes
- Mozzarella Cheese
To Make the Creamy Sauce
- Red Chili Flakes
- Lime Zest
- Cream Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Zucchini Meatballs
STEP 1: Squeeze out Water from Shredded Zucchini
Place Shredded Zucchini on a double layer paper-towel. Spread it out. Place another double-layer paper towel on it. Fold the paper and squeeze out as much water as possible.
STEP 2: Make Meatballs
Combine Ground Chicken, Grated Zucchini, Parmesan Cheese, Red Chili Flakes, Mozzarella Cheese. Mix well and make small meatballs.
STEP 2: Cook Meatballs
In a pan heat some oil. As the oil shimmers, add meatballs. Cook meatballs until you see brown crust on both sides. Once done, take them out and keep them aside.
STEP 3: Make the Sauce
Add butter to the pan. As the butter melts add garlic, red chili flakes, capers, lime zest, Cream Cheese. Stir well to combine. Make sure cream cheese combines with the sauce.
Pour Milk, Parmesan Cheese, and mix well until combined. Season with Salt, and Pepper.
STEP 4: Add Meatballs, Garnish & Serve
Now add your Zucchini Meatballs into the creamy sauce. Garnish with lime zest, lime wedges, capers, and red chili flakes.
Can I Bake the Meatballs
Of course, you can bake the meatballs. In fact, I would have baked the Meatballs in case I had more time.
I love baked Meatballs more than fried meatballs because they are "Less Messier" and "Cooks Better".
But, in case you are running short on time, then you have no choice but to sear it in a skillet.
How to Make Baked Zucchini Meatballs
- Preheat Oven to 400°F or 200°C. Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper. Set Aside.
- Make the Meatballs.
- Place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the meatballs are completely cooked and no longer pink on the inside.
- Serve them in a sauce of your choice.
What to Serve this with?
Traditionally meatballs are served with Pasta or Spaghetti of your choice. And, in this case, you can do that.
But, I have few excellent recipes which can be paired with this Zucchini Meatballs recipe.
- Roasted Zucchini with Spaghetti
- Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese
Other Substitutions and Variations for this recipe
- Instead of Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce, you can serve this in your favorite Marinara Sauce which can be store-bought or made at home.
- You can add other spices to your meatball filling like Italian Seasoning, Dried Oregano, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
- If you like spicy then you can add some Cajun Seasoning while making your Zucchini Meatballs.
Other Recipes you will like:
- Gochujang Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- Authentic Butter Chicken Meatballs (in just 30-minutes)
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella
- Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
KETO Zucchini Meatballs (No Breadcrumbs)
Ingredients for "Zucchini Meatballs"
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken
- 1 Cup Shredded Zucchini
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 3-4 Tablespoon Olive Oil to cook meatballs *see instructions for baking below
Ingredients for "Creamy Sauce" (OPTIONAL)
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Capers
- ½ Teaspoon Lime Zest
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese 1 block
- ½ Cup Milk whole or 1% or 2%
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
For Garnish (Optional)
- Capers, Lime Zest, Lime Wedges, Red Chili Flakes
- Place shredded Zucchini out on a double-layer paper towel. Spread it out. Place another paper towel on the zucchini. Fold the paper towel to squeeze out as much water from shredded Zucchini as possible.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for meatballs. Use your hands to combine everything. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out a small portion of the meatball filling. Give it a round shape in your palm. Each Meatball should be about 1½ oz. Keep them on a plate.
- In a pan heat some olive oil. As the oil gets hot, place Zucchini Meatballs. Do not crowd the pan. Leave some gap between each meatball. (SEE INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKING MEATBALLS IN NOTES below)
- In a clean pan, melt some butter. Add minced garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Capers, and Lime Zest. Cook for 20-30 seconds on low heat.Add Cream Cheese and use a spatula to mix it in. Pour Milk and Add Grated Parmesan Cheese. Stir well to combine. Season with Salt and Pepper, as per your taste. Allow this to come to a slow boil. Take it off the heat.
- Finally, add Meatballs to the Sauce. Garnish and Serve with Red chili flakes, Capers, Lime Zest, and Lime Wedges.
How to Bake Zucchini Meatballs
- Preheat Oven to 400°F or 200°C and Line a Baking Sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the meatballs are completely cooked and they are no longer pink on the inside.