Watermelon Iced tea is a classic Summer Drink that is gonna leave you refreshed and recharged. Watermelon Cubes are blended until smooth and combined with Sugar and tea and poured in a pitcher with ice cubes. Can you feel the heady dose of refreshment? Head's Up- this recipe uses Sugar. But, if you want you can easily Skip Sugar from the recipe.
Watermelon Iced Tea?
Nothing feels juicier and comforting than watermelon, especially in these hot, sultry, and humid summer months. I just love watermelons.
And, I have been eyeing the watermelons in the market for the past few days. Yesterday, I took a chance and bought on large watermelon.
It was about 1 pound and I was bubbling with excitement to reach home and taste it. Cutting the watermelon seems like a bit of work. But thankfully that went smoothly. Learn how to cut Watermelon like a pro.
If you are new at this, I recommend you see these Step by Step images from Well Plated. I learned from her and man she makes it look so easy. I have learnt it so well that I've tried to explain it in the points below.
And, once I had cut out my watermelon into cubes, making the Iced tea was like a cakewalk. See how I made watermelon Iced tea below.
How to Make Watermelon Iced Tea?
- The first step is to make tea. You can either use tea bags and place them in hot water for 20-minutes. Or you can use your regular loose tea and strain it before using it.
- Next, we are gonna cut open our watermelon. I do not like scooping out my watermelon. So, I am going to cut it open.
- Now, all I am going to do is blend this red part of the watermelon into my blender or food processor.
- Finally, I will simmer this Watermelon juice with sugar for 5 minutes and add the Tea to it.
- And once its all combined, I'll take it off in a pitcher, cool it down, and add few ice cubes and mint leaves before I serve this.
How to Cut a Watermelon like a Pro?
- Rinse and dry your watermelon. (This is Important)
- Slice your Watermelon in half crosswise
- Eliminate the Stem End.
- Remove the white flesh and rind.
- You'll be left with a juicy red part. Cut it into small cubes.
Other Drinks you will Love:
- Healthy Honey Lemon Turmeric Smoothie
- Healthy & Easiest Apple Cider Slushie
- Tropical Chia Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Cucumber Apple Mint Smoothie with Fennel
If you are making Watermelon Iced tea recipe then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Watermelon Iced Tea Recipe
- 1 Small Watermelon about 2 lbs
- 5 Bags Black Tea
- 4 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- Ice Cubes
- Boil some water in a pan. Remove from heat. Place tea bags in water and let them sit for about 20-minutes.
- Cut your watermelon in half crosswise. Remove the white flesh part. Cut the juicy red part into small cubes.
- Place Watermelon Cubes in a food processor. Blend it into a smooth liquid.
- Pour the watermelon juice into a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add some granulated sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the tea into the pan and bring it to a slow boil for 1-minute.
- Pour into a pitcher with ice cubes. Serve with mint leaves and enjoy.