Color Spring M&M blondies are chewy, soft and extremely flavorful. They look just like any colorful Spring flower (the vibrant pastel-colored M&M does the magic) and taste moist, fudgy and chewy.
Also read: Spring M&M Cookies
Let's Make some Colorful Spring M&M Blondies today
Baking blondies is really easy and extremely satisfying. I really like to wait long in front of the oven. While I'm baking my cookies, I just have 10 minutes and that is not fun for me. For me, things that take longer to cook or bake means better the taste. Hence, I love baking blondies.
While browsing through a culinary magazine last afternoon, I saw the recipe of baking the best blondie and that is how I thought of making these colorful spring blondies. My kids love M&M. They get excited to see so many colors in their food. So, I thought, why not make some blondies and surprise them as they return from school. Turns out, I was right. They got so excited to see those colorful blondies that they even wanted it the next day and the next. (no kidding)
Well, what surprised me was reviews. You see, I am only convinced about my recipe if my kids like it. I never taste anything by myself (maybe I should, as my son keeps telling me) But, the moment I get a green signal from my kids, I am convinced about taking it to my blog. The reviews of these Spring M&M blondies were beyond my comprehension and I am more than happy to share it on my blog. the make the Perfect Spring M&M Blondies
To make the perfect M&M blondies, you will need to abide by certain baking rules which I have developed through my years of baking experiences. (I hope I am not sounding condescending)
- No need to chill this batter: Unlike cookie dough, the blondie batter doesn't need any chilling. I have seen many people suggesting to chill the batter. But, I have never chilled my batter and have never regretted it.
- Eggs are not a must: Sometimes I like to go without eggs. BUT, I use yogurt and vinegar instead. This is usually when I am craving for soft, moist blondies and I have got no eggs and no energy to rush to the store.
- Use Softened Butter or Melted Butter: Whether you are using softened butter or melted butter it doesn't really make a difference as long as your butter is at room temperature.
Now let's see the Step By step Spring M&M Blondies Recipe from scratch:
Spring M&M Blondies
- ¼ cup Butter softened
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1½ Cup Refined Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup M&M
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 11x7 baking tray with cooking spray.
- Cream butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vinegar, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix refined flour, baking soda, and cornstarch into the blondie batter.
- Add M&M into the batter and lightly fold it into the batter.
- Spread the batter in a 11x7 baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let them come to room temperature and cut them into little 1 inch squares and dig in.