Spinach Ricotta Orzo Stuffed Peppers makes for a simple and comforting dinner recipe perfect for the family. Spinach Ricotta Orzo is creamy, buttery, light, and fresh with all of that stuffed in Bell Peppers and is topped with Mozzarella. This is what is I call my definition of comfort food. Have you tried my Lo-Mein Stuffed Peppers?
I love Ricotta. Its got that wonderful texture and light and creamy flavor to it which goes so amazingly well with Orzo. I wanted to make this Spinach Ricotta Orzo for the longest time and when I spotted Ricotta in the store the other day, I grabbed it right away and the first thought which came to my mind was to make this Spinach Ricotta Orzo.
Of course, I wanted to take it a notch higher and I ended up stuffing it in Bell Peppers and topping it with Mozzarella. To my surprise, this tasted even great. Have you tried my Garlic Butter Parmesan Orzo?
The Bell Pepper adds an amazing crunch to this very creamy and cheesy filling which tastes so good. And the Mozzarella on top is the best part. It just binds all of the flavors together giving you a wholesome dish.
Stuffed Peppers is one of the most popular recipes in my family. Although we generally, make it with Chicken, Cheddar Cheese, and Rice, today I wanted to try out a Vegetarian version, and hence I thought of stuffing the Peppers with Spinach Ricotta Orzo! To my surprise, this tasted so delicious.
I love to serve these Stuffed Peppers as is for dinner along with some side salad. This takes very little time to get done and is a total crowd-pleaser. Especially in my home, they are always a hit.
How to make Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed Peppers is a commonly made dinner recipe where half sliced Bell Peppers have stuffed with Pasta or Rice or anything you love. It is topped with Mozzarella Cheese and baked to perfection. Finally, it is topped with freshly chopped Cilantro and served.
Tips to make the best Stuffed Peppers
- You do not have to cook the Bell Peppers before adding the stuffing. They should remain a bit crunchy and crispy so that it adds to the flavors of this recipe.
- If you want your Bell Peppers a little soft, you can half it, remove the seeds, and bake for 5 minutes at 350F or 180C so that they tenderize.
- While Cooking the Orzo, always add the Parmesan Cheese after turning the heat off. Stir it in the Pasta or Rice.
Can these Stuffed Peppers be made ahead of time?
Of course. I always do it. Stuff the Peppers with Orzo and refrigerate it. Before you bake, top with the Mozzarella Cheese and bake until done and serve!
Other recipes you might love
Spinach Ricotta and Corn Empanadas
Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce
Parmesan Cauliflower Spinach Pasta
Best Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons
I hope you liked this recipe. If you love this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Spinach Ricotta Orzo Stuffed Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 sticks Butter
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ lb Chopped Spinach
- 1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 cup Orzo
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Water
- salt & pepper as per taste
- ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 Bell Peppers Sliced in Halves any color
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- chopped Cilantro
- Heat butter & olive oil in a pan. As the butter melts, add the minced garlic and saute until the garlic gets fragrant. Add chopped spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add the Ricotta along with Salt & Pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the Orzo, and stir to combine. Add heavy cream and water and cover cook for 5-7 minutes so that the Orzo puffs up and gets cooked. Once the Orzo gets cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Chop the Bell Pepper in half. Remove the seeds of the Bell Pepper. Stuff in the Spinach Ricotta Orzo in the Bell Pepper. Top with Mozzarella Cheese & pop it in the oven to get baked at 350F or 180C for 12-15 minutes.
- Once baked, get it out of the oven, top with chopped cilantro, and serve.
Ask Me Anything