Shrimp Fried Rice - Leftover rice is cooked with frozen peas, carrots, and bell pepper and tossed with pan-seared shrimp and scrambled eggs.
The result is this unimaginably delicious - Shrimp Fried Rice! I think this is the easiest fried rice recipe that you'll ever come across. Why?
- No Fancy Ingredients - This recipe uses basic pantry ingredients and therefore you don't have to rush to the store to make this recipe.
- One-Pot Recipe - I am sure you love One Pot recipes. Less Mess, Less Cleaning, and Less Effort!
- Uses Leftover Rice - You do not need Jasmine Rice or Basmati Rice to make this recipe. Just your leftover rice will work fine.
- Cooks in No time - And this is not a recipe that requires you to wait 1 hour before your oven to cook. This Shrimp Fried Rice is a super-quick recipe and gets done in literally no time at all. To be precise it takes approximately - 30 minutes from start to scratch to make shrimp fried rice.
I am sure these pointers are enough to make you want to cook Shrimp Fried Rice right away.
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
But, before we begin. Why not take a quick look at the things you'd need to make Shrimp Fried Rice.
Ingredients Needed to make Shrimp Fried Rice:
- Sesame Oil - I would recommend you use sesame oil instead of any other oil for that nutty taste.
- Shrimps - Make sure you use deveined shrimps with tails removed.
- Eggs - Scrambled Eggs add a beautiful flavor to this fried rice recipe.
- Onions - Onions bring in a tad bit of sweetness to the fried rice.
- Garlic. I have used almost 6 cloves of garlic. Because I just love garlic. It adds that sharp kick to the taste palette.
- Bell Pepper - As you can see in the images, I have not chopped my bell pepper. Rather I have sliced them thinly. This makes the dish look more attractive.
- Carrots - Just like Bell Pepper I have added thinly sliced carrots to make it look more amazing.
- Frozen Peas - I have also added some frozen peas to make the dish taste better.
- Salt & Pepper - Basic Seasoning. As you can see I have used no fancy seasoning.
- Leftover Rice - No Basmati Rice, No Jasmine Rice. Just your plain white rice that is remaining from the morning will work fine.
- Oyster Sauce - Just to get that, sweet, salty, fishy sort of taste.
- Dark Soy Sauce - To Balance the Salt and add more flavor to our rice.
How to Make Shrimp Fried Rice?
STEP 1: Sear Shrimps
In a pan heat some Sesame Oil. Add Shrimps. Spread them out evenly. Flip after 30-seconds and fry the other side as well. Once they are "almost cooked" (not completely cooked), take them out with a slotted spoon.
As you can see I am using Sesame Oil to sear my Shrimps. Sesame Oil has a distinct nutty taste that the shrimps absorb and therefore they taste all the more amazing.
Now, One thing you gotta keep in mind that overcooking shrimps can be big trouble here. So do not wait around for the shrimps to get cooked completely. Once they look half cooked take them out. You are anyway going to cook it later.
STEP 2: Scramble Eggs
In the same pan add lightly beaten eggs. Stir quickly so that it cooks. Do not cook them completely. Take it out in a place once it is runny.
Scrambled Eggs make the fried rice taste so damn good. It adds a new layer of taste, texture, and flavor to the recipe. I would always recommend you to use Scrambled Eggs no matter what kind of fried rice you are making.
STEP 3: Saute Veggies
In the same pan add thinly sliced Onions and minced Garlic. Cook for 30-seconds. Since your pan is hot so in just 30-seconds your onions will be partially caramelized. This is what adds that sweetness to your fried rice.
Add Leftover rice and cook for another 30-seconds. Leftover rice DOES NOT need much stirring. Just lay it in the pan. And, let the pan do all the browning.
Now add Oyster Sauce, Dark Soy Sayce, Salt, Pepper, thinly sliced Bell Pepper, thinly sliced carrots, and frozen peas. Stir thoroughly so that all the veggies and the rice soaks in all the goodness of this delicious sauce.
STEP 4: Add Shrimps & Eggs
Once you've tossed add scrambled eggs and pan-seared shrimps. Toss once again. Serve right away. So, that's it. That's how you make Shrimp Fried rice.
Tips to Make the Best Shrimp Fried Rice
- Do Not Overcook Shrimps - You need to cook shrimps just until it is "almost cooked" but not completely cooked.
- Make sure You Use Slotted Spoon - While Frying Shrimps and while cooking eggs, make sure you use Slotted Spoon.
- Use Cold Leftover Rice - Cold rice is best for making Fried Rice. This is because Cold Rice is dry (due to the cold air from the refrigerator) and hence cooks perfectly.
- Use One Pan - Cook everything in one pan. You don't have to clean it every time. The flavors mix in together making everything taste so amazing.
Other recipes you'll Like:
- Thai Lemongrass Coconut Fried Rice With Zucchini
- Easy Pineapple Fried Rice in Pineapple Shell
- Healthy Quinoa Fried
- Mediterranean Saffron Rice
- Keto Cauliflower Rice and Chicken Casserole
- Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 8 Ounces Shrimp Peeled, Deveined, and tails removed
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Medium-sized Onions Thinly Sliced
- 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Cups Leftover Rice make sure it is cold
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Medium-sized Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 2 Medium-sized Carrots thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Frozen peas
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- In a large sauté pan heat some sesame oil. Swirl the pan so that the oil coats the entire pan.As the oil gets hot, add shrimps. Spread them out evenly. Do not disturb them for 30-seconds. Let it cook on its own. After 30-seconds, flip over and cook the other side for another 30-seconds. Do not overcook. Cook until "almost done". Once done, take it out and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add Eggs and cook partially. Use a slotted spoon to scramble the egg. Take it out when it is half runny and half done.
- In the Same Pan, add thinly sliced Onions and minced Garlic. Cook for 30-seconds or until the onions caramelize on medium-high heat.
- Add cold leftover rice. Once you've added the rice, just spread it out. Do not stir too much. Now add Oyster Sauce, Dark Soy Sauce, Bell Pepper, Carrots, Frozen Peas, Salt, and Pepper.Toss well to combine on high heat.
- Into this add Scrambled Eggs and Pan-Seared Shrimps. Toss lightly and serve right away.