Cheesy and Spicy Salsa Chicken Meatballs made with All your favorite Mexican spices, Pepper Jack Cheese and a Spicy Tomato Salsa is the best Chicken Meatballs recipe ever! It's not too spicy but has got that zing of taste that will just refresh your tastebuds, making you crave for more. I like to serve these Salsa Chicken Meatballs with some Tex Mex Salad or some Roasted Tomato Salsa or Grilled Corn Mango Salsa. Especially for Superbowl or Cinco De Mayo, this one is a family favorite.
Salsa Chicken Meatballs
Salsa Chicken is one of the easiest Chicken Meatballs Recipe ever. Also, I have fried these Salsa Chicken Meatballs which means they are extra crispy and delicious.
Find how to bake these Salsa Chicken Meatballs and Air Fry Salsa Chicken Meatballs instructions below.
How to make Salsa Chicken Meatballs
Below is a brief description of how to make Salsa Chicken Meatballs. You can find the detailed card below. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Making a quick Blender Salsa
Now, this step is totally optional. It's for all of those people who cannot find Salsa in the nearest stores. You can follow these instructions and make your homemade Salsa in the blender in just 10 minutes.
Also, Fell free to use any store-bought Salsa you love as a replacement for this.
- In a Blender combine chopped Roma Tomatoes, Serrano Peppers, Garlic Cloves, Diced Red Onions, Cilantro, Ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Salt, and Pepper.
- Pulse until its chunky smooth
- Take the Salsa out in a jar
- You can store this Salsa for up to 3 months.
If you're using a Store-Bought Salsa, skip this step.
STEP 2: Making the Chicken Meatballs
Coming to the Chicken Meatballs, these Meatballs are filled with amazing Mexican flavors and are just super delicious.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine-
- Ground Chicken
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Toss until combined
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out small balls and make small Chicken Meatballs
STEP 3: Frying the Salsa Chicken Meatballs
Here, I'll describe how to fry these Salsa Chicken Meatballs. Find instructions on how to bake and air fry Salsa Chicken Meatballs below.
- Heat Olive Oil in a Pan
- As the Oil shimmers, add the Salsa Chicken Meatballs and fry them in batches until they turn golden brown
- Fry over medium-low heat
STEP 4: Serve
Now, it's time to just serve up these delicious Salsa Chicken Meatballs. You can serve this with any Salad you love or Serve it with Subs.
To make it a perfect dinner, serve this with some Mexican fried Rice OR any Pasta of your choice.
How to make Baked Salsa Chicken Meatballs
To bake these Salsa Chicken Meatballs, Place these in a greased baking dish and bake @ 350F or 180C for 15 minutes. Toss midways after 7-8 minutes.
You do not have to put any parchment paper while baking these Salsa Chicken Meatballs. I find that that the heat from the oven when directly heats up the sheet pan, the Chicken Meatballs cook to perfection. However, remember to grease the pan, or else some of the Chicken Meatballs might get stuck to the pan and not want to come off.
Air Fryer Salsa Chicken Meatballs
To cook these Salsa Chicken Meatballs, grease the Air Fryer Basket with Olive Oil spray and cook @ 350F(180C) for 10-11 minutes. Toss midways.
I find that Air Frying these Salsa Chicken Meatballs makes this extra crispy and they get that gorgeous golden color.
Make ahead instructions
You can make these Salsa Chicken Meatballs ahead of time and place them in a freezer-friendly bag and freeze these. Freezing the Salsa Chicken Meatballs will devoid them of all the moisture and frying them will make them extra crispy.
Salsa Chicken Meatballs
- 2 large Chicken Breasts Boneless, Skinless, Grounded
- 4 large Roma Tomatoes
- 4 small Serrano Peppers
- 1 medium sized Red Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
For the Salsa Chicken Meatballs
- 2 cups Cornmeal
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese or any Mexican Cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil to fry the Chicken Meatballs
- You can skip this step if you have store-bought Salsa. Or else make this Blender Salsa in just 10-minutes. Blend Chopped Roma Tomatoes with Serrano Pepper, Garlic, Cilantro, Red Onion, Lime Juice, Ground Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Salt & Pepper until chunky smooth. Take it out in a jar and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Salsa with Ground Chicken, Cornmeal, Eggs and Pepper Jack Cheese. You donot have to add any seasoning right now, because its all there in the Salsa. Toss until combined and use a tablespoon to make small Meatballs. Keep them aside.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Salsa Chicken Meatballs and fry them until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with any Salad of your choice.