Mushroom Spinach Quinoa with burnt garlic cooked in a skillet loaded with Parmesan is a quick, easy and Healthy Quinoa recipe for dinner. Quinoa is such an healthy pseudo grain and is great for a healthy low carb dinner.
Spinach and Oyster Mushrooms, sauteed with burnt garlic and olive oil is full of flavors. Lightly seasoned with Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper this Spinach and Mushroom Quinoa is full of flavors.
Not only is this tasty and flavorful, but its low in carbs, high in dietary fiber and makes for a healthy and nutritious dinner recipe.
Why Burnt Garlic?
Well, of course, you might be wondering should I actually burn garlic to make this recipe. Well NO.
All you're doing is heating olive oil in a skillet and sauteing garlic until they get slightly brownish and almost burnt to an extent.
Spinach and Garlic are a match made in heaven. Wherever you are making anything Spinach, don't forget garlic. And precisely, burnt garlic. It makes spinach ten times more flavorful and delicious.
The burnt garlic really compliments the flavors of Spinach and Mushrooms, giving it sort of a light nutty undertone of flavor.
Healthy Dinner Recipe with Quinoa
Quinoa is something which I absolutely love! You know there are days when I actually crave Quinoa. Its a light and healthier option than cooked rice and its so easy to make.
You can flavor it in any flavor you love and it just soaks up the flavor of that dish or curry! Super amazing!
Here are some of the best Quinoa Recipes ever!
- Korean Quinoa Bowl
- Quinoa pilaf with cranberries and almonds
- Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Quinoa and Black Beans
- Stuffed Peppers With Quinoa
- Crock-Pot Black Bean and Quinoa Chili
Spinach Mushroom Quinoa
Spinach and Mushrooms sauteed together is a true magic made in heaven. I've been sauteing Spinach and Mushroom together for a few weeks now and topping it over everything I cook, from soups to rice and obviously, fluffy Quinoa.
Its so amazing when you saute Spinach with some garlic and mushrooms, you don't even realize you're having a green leafy veggie. It gets so delicious and full of flavors.
Ingredients needed for Spinach Mushroom Quinoa
- Mushrooms - I have used Oyster Mushrooms for this recipe but you can use Baby Bella or Button Mushrooms as well. Keep in mind the cooking time will change for this.
- Quinoa - I use Red Quinoa for this recipe. You can use mixed or white Quinoa as well. The cooking time is same for all kinds of Quinoa
- Spinach - 1 cup of fresh or frozen Spinach
- Garlic - Spinach and Garlic are a marriage in heaven
- Red Pepper Flakes - to add just a bit of heat to this Mushroom Spinach and Quinoa saute
- Italian Seasoning - gives a good dose of seasoning and herby taste to the Quinoa Bowl.
- Olive Oil - I use good quality extra virgin Olive Oil as it lends in a deep and delicious flavor this this dish.
- Vegetable Broth - I always cook Quinoa in vegetable broth as it lends in so much flavor to the Quinoa
- Parmesan Cheese - a good half cup of shredded Parmesan makes this taste so delicious.
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Spinach Mushroom Quinoa
Rinse and cook Quinoa with vegetable broth until al dente.
Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the minced garlic and saute until they get brownish for 3 min. Add the shallots, saute until fragrant for 2 min.
Next add the Oyster Mushrooms and Spinach. Season with salt and pepper and saute until spinach wilts.
Cover the skillet with the lid and allow the spinach to get wilted. Spinach wilts away really quickly.
Once it has wilted, add the rest of the seasoning - Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper Flakes. Toss to combine.
Add the cooked Quinoa to the skillet and toss to combine. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Bake it into a casserole - you can simply dump this sauteed spinach mushroom and Quinoa in a baking dish, top with shredded cheese and bake for 10 min.
- Add Chicken - You can add shredded or diced chicken into this Spinach Mushroom Quinoa Skillet.
- Salmon - flaked Salmon makes for a healthy addition to this Quinoa Spinach Mushroom Skillet
- Creamy Spinach Mushroom Quinoa - you can make a creamy Spinach Mushroom and Quinoa by cooking Quinoa in heavy cream or milk or even coconut milk.
Can I store leftover Quinoa?
Store leftover Mushroom Spinach Quinoa in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can refrigerate leftover Spinach Mushroom Quinoa for at least a week.
You can even store leftovers in a freezer friendly bag, squeeze out as much air as possible and freeze this for up to 3 months.
Best Quinoa Recipes
- Traditional Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- Low Carb Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- Keto Quinoa Zucchini Muffins
- Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice"
- Roasted Mushrooms with Herby Quinoa
- Instant Pot Black Bean Quinoa Burrito Bowl with Tofu
Oyster Mushroom Spinach Quinoa Skillet with burnt garlic
- 2 cups Oyster Mushrooms thinly chopped
- 2 cups Spinach fresh or frozen
- ½ cup Quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups water to cook quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Shallots finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- Cook Quinoa with water and salt and per package directions until al dente
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Add the minced garlic and saute for 3 min until it gets slightly brownish and burnt. Now add the chopped Shallots and saute for 2 min.
- Add the Mushrooms and Spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and allow the spinach to get wilted.
- Once the spinach wilts down, add the Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper Flakes. Toss to combine. Add the cooked quinoa to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
- You can add a shredded or cooked chicken to this as well
- You can add cooked Shrimps to this as well
- You can cook the Quinoa with vegetable broth for more flavors
- You can cook the Quinoa in Coconut Milk to make it more flavorful and creamy
- To turn this Spinach Mushroom Quinoa into a risotto kinda a creamy consistency, cook Quinoa with Coconut Milk and while sauteing quinoa, mushroom and spinach in the skillet, add some thick coconut cream and cook until it all gets combined and creamy!
- Turn this into a casserole by topping it with shredded Cheddar Cheese and bake ot @350F for 20 min
Storage / Make Ahead
- You can make the Quinoa ahead of time, even saute spinach and mushrooms with shallots and garlic and store them separately in the refrigerator for about a week. Just mix everything with coconut milk, reheat and serve
- Leftover Quinoa can be refrigerated for a week in an airtight container
- You can freeze leftover cooked Quinoa in a freezer friendly ziplock bag, squeeze out as much air as possible and freeze for 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving
Ask Me Anything