Creamy, moist, chewy, and chocolaty Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies are something that your taste buds won’t forget easily. As you bite in you get lost in the whirlpool of chewy oatmeal, sweet cranberries, and decadent white chocolate chips.
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
I had been thinking of making something with white chocolate chips and cranberry for a long time. Earlier, I had used cranberries to make my Orange Cranberry Muffins and they were awesome. I had also used Oatmeal to make my Oatmeal raisin cookies and Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookies. Both tasted amazing. After getting a lot of suggestions I decided to try these Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chips.
Oatmeal is one of the healthiest ingredients that you can work with It is brimming with fiber. A single chewy cookie will make you feel like you’ve had a LOT. You can make the cookie dough the night before and bake the cookies for 10-minutes in the morning. And, within no time they’ll be ready for you.
Why Do I Call them Healthy Breakfast Cookies?
Cranberries are packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and dietary fiber. Eating cranberries before you start your day will give a healthy boost to your immune system and help you fight germs and bacteria all day long.
Oats are full of protein and fiber. It gives you a feeling of full all day long - so that you don't have to depend on unhealthy snacks.
Both oats and cranberries are nutritious for your body hence they make the healthiest combination for breakfast cookies. Have these cranberry oatmeal white chocolate chip cookies for breakfast and you are sorted for the day.
Should I use Quaker Oats for Making these Cookies?
Quick Oats makes excellent cookies. But what I suggest is that you use old-fashioned rolled oats. Old fashioned oats will make your cookies chewy and quick oats will make it soft. I personally like chewy oats and therefore I have used Old-fashioned oats. You can choose your oats based on the texture of the cookie that you prefer.
How to Make Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies?
To Make these cookies healthy I suggest you exclude butter and white chocolate chips. You can add some bananas to give your cookies a healthier taste.
How to make gluten-free White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies?
To make gluten-free cookies you must make sure that you use gluten-free oats and gluten-free flour. If you have gluten-intolerance, then you must use gluten-free oats which are pure. For flour, you can use buckwheat flour or almond flour or Amaranth flour or etc.
What Else Can I add along with Cranberries?
Well, this is my favorite question because there is a lot of options here. To make your Oatmeal Cranberry cookies you can add dried apricots or pecan or walnut, etc. Walnut and Pecan will bring a little crunchiness to your cookies.
What should my cookie dough look like?
Your cookie dough should be moist, soft and easily manageable. If you have not added a lot of fat- butter – and milk, then it will be fine. It should not stick to your hands. You should be able to make small cookie balls without any mess. In case it is too sticky you can add some cornstarch or all-purpose flour. It will soak up any excess moisture. I also recommend storing it in the fridge overnight. This will soak up unnecessary moisture.
How much White chocolate Chips is enough?
Well, I like to add little white chocolate chips while baking because I have seen that my cookies become flat when I have added a lot of chocolate chips. But, since I love chocolate chips I make sure I add them. How? Well, just 2-minutes before the cookies are about to come out from the oven (typically at the 7-8 minute mark) I take them out from the oven and drizzle white chocolate chips all over them. Then I place them to bake for the remaining minutes. They get stuck to the cookie in this while. I also keep my cookies as it is in the oven after baking for at least 10 minutes. I have found that the heated atmosphere helps bake anything which is left.
How many Cranberries is enough?
Just like my chocolate chips, I cannot bake if I am concerned about the quantity. I love it more. Hence, If you taste my cranberry oatmeal white chocolate cookies you will find LOTS of cranberries. I love that little red-colored cranberry popping out of my cookie making it look even cuter.
How to Make Vegan Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies?
What we have here is white chocolate and unfortunately, white chocolate is not vegan. But, you can always skip white chocolate and make cranberry oatmeal cookies. I also recommend using vegan butter for this recipe. So, all you must do is follow the steps just I have mentioned and just replace unsalted butter with vegan butter. Don’t use eggs or Greek yogurt or vinegar. For baking use baking soda. For spice use applesauce and the spices that I have added. It’s as simple as that.
Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ Tablespoon Thick Greek Yogurt
- ½ Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Old-fashioned rolled Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x11 baking tray with cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 3 minutes at medium to high speed using a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add Vanilla Essence, Yogurt, and Vinegar and mix well.
- Sieve flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into your wet ingredients.
- Use a wooden spoon or silicon spatula to fold the ingredients until all are well mixed.
- To this add one cup of dried cranberries with white chocolate chips and lightly fold it into the cookie batter.
- Chill the dough after covering it in a plastic wrap overnight or for 2 hours.
- Take them out and bring the dough to room temperature. Make small 1-inch balls out of cookie dough and press them softly just a little with your palm. Do not make it too flat or thin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 10-12 minutes.
- At 8 minute mark take out your cookies and press in some more white chocolate chips over your cookies.
- Bake for the remaining 2-3 minutes in that same preheated oven.
- Let them stay in the oven for at least 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Ask Me Anything