Ginger Soy Chicken Recipe - Crispy fried chicken is coated in Ginger Soy Sauce and served with Jasmine Rice is simply awesome and so easy to make. I know, until now, you've heard about Ginger Soy Fish. But, Just like Ginger Soy Salmon, this Chicken recipe made in Ginger and Soy is lip-smackingly Delicious.
Garnished with White Sesame Seeds and chopped green onions this is sure to be your absolute favorite Weeknight dinner recipe.
Ginger Soy Chicken
When I think of Ginger Soy Chicken, I go back to that memory of having Oysters in Ginger Soy Dressing. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but, I just can't seem to get the taste of that amazing sauce out of my mind. Boy! Was it Good! It was so refreshing, so amazing, so comforting, so good that I cannot begin to describe it.
The hint of sweetness, with a little edge of Ginger and that kick of Soy Sauce, was something that simply blew my mind. I don't even remember when I had it. But, I remember going there with my husband. It might have been some special occasion. Everything has become so blurry. And I can tell you, that it was a long time ago. But, that taste, it still hangs tight.
It's like I can never really get it out of my mind. So, I've been thinking about trying it at home. And, since Oysters are so expensive, I thought about trying it with chicken.
Sticky Ginger Soy Glazed Chicken
I love adding flavors and experimenting with chicken. Chicken is so versatile that you can actually make so many things with it. I love cooking Asian because, I just love that excitement of frying up chicken, coating it in a sticky Asian sauce, and serve it with some toasted Sesame Seeds and some green Onions.
For me, Asian food is all about that excitement. Be it Orange Chicken or Sesame Chicken or Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken or Honey Garlic Chicken or General Tso's Chicken or Asian Chilli Chicken or Thai Peanut Chicken or Sweet Chili Chicken or Mongolian Chicken or Asian Cashew Chicken and so many more recipes. I can never really be contended. I can simply go on and on about making and liking Asian Chicken Recipes for dinner.
Therefore, I have made it mandatory in my home to dedicate at least one night a week to Asian recipes. I don't necessarily make chicken. I have also Honey Mustard Tofu or Chinese Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry or Crispy Honey Garlic Tofu Topped With Toasted Sesame Seeds or Tofu Teriyaki.
And, my love for Asian food is not just limited to tofu and chicken. I love cauliflower. And, I think it gives a great competition to chicken in vegetarian recipes. Therefore I've also tried recipes such as Sesame Cauliflower and Korean Cauliflower Wings.
Ingredients needed for Ginger Soy Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken Thigh or Chicken Breast: I prefer Chicken Breasts because they are juicer and you can easily cut them into desirable pieces. However, you can also use chicken thighs because they are already small in size.
- Flour: I prefer all-purpose flour to coat my chicken. Even coating ensures crispy chicken.
- Salt and Pepper: I prefer minimum seasoning. And, therefore, I have used just salt and pepper.
For Ginger Soy Sauce:
- Ginger and Garlic: I prefer minced garlic and chopped ginger. Both have a powerful taste that can be a game-changer for your recipe.
- Soy Sauce: I prefer light soy sauce. One thing you should keep in mind is that soy sauce contains added salt. So make sure you do not add any extra salt while making the ginger soy sauce.
- Tomato Ketchup - I like the zingy, tangy, and that sweet and sour taste of tomato ketchup hence I've added it in my sauce.
- Rice Wine Vinegar - I like to add a little vinegar for that touch of sour in my sauce. And another added benefit of vinegar is that it balances the saltiness of the sauce.
- Worcestershire Sauce - Worcestershire sauce adds a little sweetness to the overall taste and that tastes so amazing.
- Honey - Lastly, I've added some honey to mellow down the spice and also bring everything together.
How to Make Ginger Soy Chicken Breasts?
- Coat chicken: Coat chicken in flour, Salt, and Pepper.
- Saute Ginger & Garlic: In a pan heat some oil and saute minced ginger and garlic until aromatic.
- Make Sauce: In the same pan add Soy Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, Rice Wine Vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, and Honey. Let it come to a slow boil. Add some water and let it simmer until thickens.
- Add Chicken: Now add fried chicken into the sauce and toss well to coat each piece.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish the chicken with White Sesame Seeds and Chopped Green Onions. Serve with Jasmine rice and steamed veggies.
Side Salads that you can pair with this chicken:
- Feel-Good Apple Orange Salad With Walnuts and Mint Leaves
- Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Dill and Sourcream
- Asian Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Garlic Vinegar Dressing
- Delicious and Refreshing Moroccan Beet Salad Recipe
- Refreshing Pomegranate Orange Salad
- Mexican Corn Salad Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dressing
If you are making this Ginger Soy Chicken using this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share it on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Ginger Soy Chicken Recipe (NO SUGAR)
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts or 8 chicken thighs about 1.75lbs
- ¼ cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- ½ Teaspoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tablespoon Honey
- Green Onions chopped
- White Sesame Seeds
- Coat chicken: If using chicken breasts then cut them into small cubes. You can cut them as per your choice. Now, Coat them with Flour, Salt, and Pepper. Dust off any excess.
- Fry chicken: Now heat a pan. Add some cooking oil. Swirl the pan so that the oil spreads around the pan. Add chicken pieces. Do not add all at once. Make sure you do not overcrowd the pan. Fry them in batches.Cook in medium-high heat for approximately 2-minutes. Now, flip over and let the other side get fried for another 2-3 minutes. Once they are golden brown on the outside take them out on a plate.
Make Ginger Soy Sauce
- Saute Ginger and Garlic for 30-seconds: In the same pan where you fried chicken, add some more oil. Heat the pan with oil. When the oil is slightly hot add chopped ginger and minced garlic. Saute these two for at least 30 to 45 seconds or until aromatic. Make the Sauce: Into this add Soy Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, Rice Wine Vinegar, Worcestershire Sauce, and Honey.Stir: Stir Well for about 1-minute on medium-low heat. Add Water: Now add some water and allow the sauce to come to a slow boil.
- Add chicken: Once the sauce starts to bubble, add fried chicken and bring down the heat to low. Toss: Toss well to coat each chicken in the sauce evenly. Garnish & Serve: Finally, garnish with white sesame seeds and chopped green onions. Serve with Jasmine rice and a side salad.