Healthy Garlic Lime Shrimp Bowl makes for a quick and easy dinner recipe with just 3-ingredients, when served with cooked rice and a side salad. This refreshing and zesty 15 min Shrimp recipe for dinner, is made with simple pantry staple ingredients and is a Low Carb and Keto friendly Healthy dinner recipe for the family!
Healthy Garlic Lime Shrimp
15 min Garlic Lime Shrimp
Healthy Garlic Lime Shrimp is a refreshing and zesty Shrimp dinner recipe. Its one of the easiest Shrimp recipes for dinner. Quick and easy to make and so delicious with rice or quinoa!
- 15 min Garlic Lime Shrimp
- This is the Healthiest Way to Cook Shrimp
- Why I love this Garlic Lime Shrimp
- How to make Garlic Lime Shrimp
- Cooking Variations
- Serving Options
- An Healthy Shrimp Recipe for Weight loss
- Expert Tip for a Crazy Good Shrimp Dinner
- Garlic Lime Shrimp (just 3 ingredients)
This is the Healthiest Way to Cook Shrimp
Shrimp recipes are ideal for a quick dinner. It cooks fast and is a super simple and easy to make bursting with flavors.
Shrimp is cooked in a skillet and a quick pan sauce is made using Garlic, Lime Juice, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper.
Wrap it up in a Taco or a Burrito or toss with any pasta of your choice or serve over a bed of rice! Go wild with your serving options! Its seriously so good.
A perfect Shrimp recipe for Weight loss, because its low carb, high protein, full of Macros and cooked with the healthiest oil of all - Coconut Oil.
This reminds me of my Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp which is also made with just 4 ingredients
Also this Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp is so much similar in flavors, except that its a bit sweet because of honey! But Honey truly brings out the flavors of Garlic and Lime Juice!
Garlic Lime Shrimp is an Healthy Shrimp Meal which is best served with some low carb Brown Rice or Quinoa or Cauliflower Rice.
You can serve with this Mexican Cauliflower Rice (Low Carb) or Cauliflower Rice Risotto with Peas or Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice with Chili Oil
Never used Quinoa before? Wanna know some healthy Quinoa recipes? Try these easy Quinoa Recipes when you're on a diet
- Quinoa pilaf with cranberries and almonds
- Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Quinoa and Black Beans (Vegan)
- Vegan Stuffed Peppers With Quinoa
- Instant Pot Black Bean Quinoa Burrito Bowl with Tofu
- Roasted Mushrooms with Herby Quinoa
- Healthy Quinoa Fried "Rice" with Crispy Tofu
Why I love this Garlic Lime Shrimp
- Healthy and Low Carb Shrimp Dinner Recipe
- High in Protein and Low in Carbs
- Fancy enough to serve to guests as well
- A quick appetizer when served over Cucumber as a perfect Cucumber Shrimp Appetizer or stick over a cheese cube or serve with some homemade Guacamole and Tortilla Chips or Nachos!
- Can be served in Tacos or wrapped in Burritos with rice or stuffed in Quesadillas
- Can be tossed with any kind of cooked pasta of your choice and served as a fancy Shrimp dinner for the crowd.
Love fancy Shrimp Pasta dishes? You will love this low carb Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta or this ever popular Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta or this spicy favorite Easiest Cajun Shrimp Pasta which my readers love!
- Shrimps - Peeled and Deveined
- Garlic - Adds flavor
- Coconut Oil - I use Coconut Oil for cooking as it has low smoking point and is the healthiest oil. You can use Avocado Oil as well.
- Lime Juice - Add a burst of flavor and freshness
- Red Pepper Flakes - really zings up the flavor
- Parsley - for freshness to the dish
- Salt & Pepper - As per taste.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Garlic Lime Shrimp
Heat Coconut Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes (both sides).
Once cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside.
Add minced Garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 min or until brown and fragrant.
Add the cooked Shrimps back to the skillet. Add Lime Juice, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to it. Toss to combine.
Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve!
Do not over cook the Shrimp. Cook it just for 2-3 min per side or until they turn pink-ish. Overcooking the Shrimp will make it chewy and you surely don't want that.
Use freshly squeezed Lime juice for best flavors.
Serve with rice and salad for best flavors.
- Cheese - Made it even cheesy and delicious. Add shredded Mozzarella Cheese after the Shrimp gets cooked.
- Cream Cheese & Parmesan - You can add Cream Cheese and Parmesan to the sauce to make it even creamy and delicious. Learn how to make Cream Cheese Parmesan Sauce.
You can store leftover cooked shrimp in an airtight container int he refrigerator. You can refrigerate this and store for 5-7 days.
You can freeze this Garlic Lime Shrimp as well. Store in an airtight container or freezer friendly bag and freeze for upto 3 months.
Reheat in the air fryer or reheat in the microwave at full power until heated through.
You can serve this Garlic Lime Shrimp as is when you're on a low carb high protein diet. Its a healthy Shrimp dinner which you will love.
Besides that you can serve with some Cooked Rice or Brown Rice or Cooked Quinoa
An Healthy Shrimp Recipe for Weight loss
When you are on a strict low carb diet and you want to lose weight, cooking Shrimps is the best and easiest option.
Healthy Shrimp Recipes are super quick to make and requires minimal cooking! Also its so good and delicious in itself.
Here are some more Healthy Shrimp Dinner ideas which are Low Carb
Expert Tip for a Crazy Good Shrimp Dinner
If you want to use up the pan juices, just add 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce and 2-3 tablespoon of water to the skillet.
You can add this while cooking the Shrimp or after you've got it out of the skillet.
Bring the sauce to a simmer. If you want you can add a teaspoon of Maple Syrup or Honey or Fruit Sweetener or Coconut Sugar to this but that's optional.
Just bring this to a simmer and pour over the cooked shrimps.
When I serve this Garlic Lime Shrimp with some cooked White Rice, I love to add this pan juice of Soy Sauce and Water over the Shrimps.
I do not add any kind of sweetener as I am on a strict low carb diet. But you can if you aren't!
Its definitely a delicious addition. You will fall in love with this recipe!!
Garlic Lime Shrimp (just 3 ingredients)
- 1 lbs Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Lime Juice 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper as per taste
- Heat Coconut Oil in a skillet over medium high heat. As the oil shimmers, add the Shrimp and cook for 2-3 min. Cook both sides for 2-3 minutes or until it turns pink-ish. Once cooked remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 min over low heat until fragrant. Add the cooked Shrimp back to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Add the Lime Juice, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to it. Toss to combine. Get it out of the skillet
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve
Absolutely LOVE THIS RECIPE! This is so healthy and low carb! Excellent!!!