Creamy Parmesan Chicken and Rice in the Crockpot makes for a simple and comforting one-pot dinner recipe for the family. It's creamy, hearty, cheesy, and comforting. Gets ready in 2 hours in the slow cooker and is one of the best Chicken and Rice recipes ever!
The summer season is in full swing and the sultry days are here to stay. These days I refrain from using the stove and oven as much as possible. Preheating the oven gets my kitchen hot and it just doesn't make sense to use it in such hot weather. So I always prefer to use my Slow Cooker or Instant Pot or Air Fryer.
I got my Crockpot this Summer and it's been a boon in my life. Slow Cooker really makes life in the kitchen so much easier. Simple dump and forger dinner recipes get cooked to perfection in the slow cooker and it's beyond delicious. It's just incomparable to any other kitchen appliance. It keeps the juices intact! And of course, more juice means more flavors!!!!
Easy and Hassle-free Summer Crockpot Meals makes life in the kitchen so much easier and better.
Last Night I made this Dump and Forget Parmesan Chicken and Rice in the Crockpot and everyone loved it to the last bit. I mean, it's an obvious reaction to a Chicken and Rice recipe but my kids especially loved the addition of Parmesan. To quote them, they said, "Its lip-smackingly è delizioso Mamma Mia"!
My kids don't speak Italian but know a few catchphrases and mind you they hardly use them. I am so lucky that they complimented my recipe.
Honestly, at the end of the day, there is nothing more satisfying than watching your kids enjoy a hearty meal. It's what makes my day feel so complete at the end!
Parmesan Chicken and Rice
Creamy, Cheesy, and Comforting One-Pot Parmesan Chicken and Rice is basically simple and easy rice and chicken recipe. Making it in the crockpot is even easy because all you are doing is basically dumping everything in the crockpot and then just wait until it's done.
Super simple and fun to make.
Don't you love everything Garlic Parmesan? At least I do. Have you tried my
Ingredients used to make Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Chicken Breasts - Chopped into 1-inch cubes
- Salt & Pepper - To season the Chicken
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup - I use Campbell's. You can use any brand you have or replace with Cream of Mushroom or just make Roux by combining shimmering butter in a skillet and then add flour along with some salt, milk and chicken broth. Stir until combined and then use it.
- Long Grain Rice - I use Long Grain Basmati Rice for this recipe. You can use any Rice you want to.
- Onion & Garlic Powder - I use these spices to bring in a depth of flavor to the rice
- Parmesan Cheese - I use freshly grated Parmesan Cheese for a brilliant dept of flavor
- Italian Seasoning - This gives this Chicken and Rice recipe that perfect Italian Taste.
- Chicken Broth - I use Low Sodium Chicken Broth to cook the rice. The ratio of Rice to Chicken Broth is 1:2. Which means 1 cup Rice requires 2 Cups of Water to get cooked.
- Parsley - Some freshly chopped Parsley brings in a nice herby taste and refreshing touch to this extra comforting and cheesy Parmesan Chicken and Rice.
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
Instructions on Making Cheesy Parmesan Chicken and Rice
STEP 1: Combine Rice with Cream of Chicken
- Combine Cream of Chicken with Long Grain Rice, Chicken Broth, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper.
STEP 2: Dump and Cook
- Dump the rice mixture and chopped chicken in the slow cooker
- Stir until combined
- Pour Parmesan Cheese over it
- Cover with the lid and slow cook in High for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours. (The cooking time will vary depending on the quantity of rice and chicken. I have used 1 1/2 cup of Rice so it took only 2 hours to cook on high).
STEP 3: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with chopped Parsley and serve immediately.
Hint: I have used Long Grain rice because it cooks really quickly. You can use Brown Rice or Wild Rice as well. 1 1/2 cup of Brown Rice or Wild Rice should take about 2.5 hours to cook on High in the Crockpot.
- Herbs - instead of dried Herbs you can use fresh Herbs like a Spring of Thyme and Rosemary. Remove it before you serve.
- Wild Rice - use Healthy Wild Rice instead of White Long Grain Rice for a healthy alternative
- Veggies- You can replace Chicken with Veggies of your choice. You can use Asparagus, Green Beans, Potatoes, Broccoli or Mushrooms. However, you might want to toss the veggies in a skillet with butter before you toss them in the Crockpot.
- Oven Baked - Make this in the oven. Dump everything in a Casserole baking dish. Cover with a foil and bake @350F or 180C for 15-20 min.
- Instant Pot - add the Chicken and Rice mixture in the Instant Pot. Cover with the lid and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick release the pressure and serve immediately.
- Stove top - add all the ingredients in a dutch oven. Cover and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minutes.
You can make this Crockpot Parmesan Chicken and Rice, Cool it down to room temperature, and then transfer it to an air-tight container. You can refrigerate this for 3-4 days.
You can also freeze this for 3 months. Freeze in an air-tight container. To reheat this, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then heat in a 350F preheated oven for 20 minutes, in a casserole baking dish covered with tin foil. After it gets heated, fluff the rice with a fork and then garnish and serve.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan for better flavors
- Use minced garlic for better flavors
- You can replace Long grain white rice with Brown Rice or Wild Rice. However the cooking time will vary.
OTHER CROCKPOT RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- Crockpot Shrimp Boil
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce (just 4-ingredients)
- Cajun Butter Crockpot Chicken Thighs and Rice
- Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot
- Crockpot Chicken Thighs in Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Crockpot Coconut Lime Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken with Sweet Pineapple Glaze
If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Crockpot Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- 1½ cup Long Grain Rice uncooked
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5oz can
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 3 cups Chicken Broth low sodium
- 2 large Chicken Breast boneless, skinless, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- Freshly chopped Parsley For Garnish
- Combine Long grain rice with all the other ingredients, except for Chicken and Parsley in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Dump the Chicken and the Rice mixture in the slow cooker. Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top. Cover with the lid and slow cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- After it gets cooked, stir to combine. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve