Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp - Jumbo Shrimps seared in butter and then tossed in a creamy sauce made of Cream Cheese, Garlic Powder, White Wine, Heavy Cream, and Parmesan Cheese. It takes just 30-minutes⏲ from scratch to make this easy peasy shrimp recipe for dinner.
In my home, we love Garlic Parmesan everything. The creaminess of the sauce paired with Chicken or Seafood tastes lip-smackingly delicious😋
These are the ingredients that you'll need to make Garlic Parmesan Shrimp.
- Olive Oil and Butter: To sear Shrimp
- Jumbo Shrimps: Of course, peeled and deveined. I like to keep the tails on.
- Cream Cheese: I love cream cheese block.
- Garlic Powder: Can be replaced with Minced cloves of garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- White Wine: Any white wine such as Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio.
- Heavy Cream: Can be replaced with Half and Half.
- Parmesan Cheese: Don't use pre-shredded parmesan cheese. Shred it at home.
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, check out the video for a visual 🎬
This is a complete step-by-step recipe for Garlic Parmesan Shrimp.
Step 1: Sear Shrimps
In a pan add olive oil and melt butter. Add Jumbo Shrimps in one single layer. Sear both sides until they are opaque white and light pink around the edges. Do not overcook. Once shrimps are cooked, take them out and keep them aside.
Step 2: Make Sauce
In the same pan, add Cream Cheese, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Stir with a spatula. Add White Wine, Heavy Cream, and Parmesan Cheese. Stir lightly until it becomes creamy.
Step 3: Add Shrimps and Serve
Add shrimps that you had cooked in step 1. Toss lightly and serve right away with chopped parsley.
- Half and Half - Instead of heavy cream you can use Half and Half. Half and Half is nothing but half cream and half milk.
- Minced garlic cloves - Instead of garlic powder you can use 3-4 cloves of minced garlic cloves.
Customize this recipe the way you like:
- Spicy - Add some crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper or smoked paprika to make it spicy. You can also add some sliced Jalapeños if you want more heat.
- Creamy - Want a creamier sauce, add more Half and Half along with heavy cream. But make sure you simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Lemon-y: Creamy Garlic Butter Shrimp with a touch of Lemon tastes magical. Squeeze in some Lemon juice or garnish with lemon zest for that zingy, zesty, lemon-y freshness.
- Herbs - Missing your herbs? Add some dried Oregano or dried thyme or dried basil while making the sauce.
- Rosemary - Fresh rosemary works really well with anything Garlic Parmesan or Garlic butter. So while searing your shrimp, just when you add butter, add some rosemary sprig and then add your shrimps.
- Caramelized Onions - You can use store-bought caramelized onions or you can simply make your own. Add it to the sauce and it will be so good 😋
See this Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe and you'll get more ideas to innovate.
When it comes to serving Garlic Parmesan Shrimp, I have endless options for you.
You can serve it with Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. Smashed Potatoes with garlic butter shrimp is an excellent combo. And, if you are not in a mood for something that carby then you can try this Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries. This is one of my favorite side dishes. The sweetness of carrots along with creamy parmesan is totally 😋
Allow Garlic Parmesan Shrimp to cool down completely. Store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. I don't recommend storing this for a longer time. Neither do I recommend freezing this.
While reheating add some heavy cream or milk or half and half if it gets too dry.
- If using frozen shrimps then allow it to thaw on the counter top for an hour before serving.
- Pat dry shrimps before searing in the pan.
- Use a combination of oil and butter so that the butter doesn't get burnt.
- Do not crowd the pan while searing shrimps.
- Do not overcook shrimps. Cook until they are opaque white and lightly pink around the edges.
- Flip Shrimps after 1-minute to cook the other side as well.
- Use cream cheese block and not cream cheese tub for best results.
- Use more minced cloves of garlic while making the sauce for more garlicky kick.
- Spice it up with some cayenne pepper or paprika or crushed red pepper flakes.
More Shrimp Recipes
If you are making this recipe, then please leave a rating below. Also, take a snap and share your marvelous creation on Instagram with #recipemagik. Tag me @recipemagik so that I can see how it turned out.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- 1 pound Jumbo Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a skillet add olive oil and melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimps in one single layer and sear for 1-2 minute until they curl up and become opaque white. Flip over and cook other side for another 1-2 minute. Do not overcook shrimps. You'll know they are done, when they turn opaque white with few red or pink spots around the edges.Once shrimps are cooked take them out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add cream cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Use a wooden spatula or a rubber spatula to mix everything.Add White Wine and Heavy Cream. Stir lightly and bring it to a boil on low heat. Finally, take it off the heat and add shredded parmesan cheese. Toss well until cheese melts.
- Add shrimps (cooked in step 1) into the sauce and toss lightly. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve right away.
- Thaw Frozen shrimps before cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the pan while cooking shrimps.
- Make sure you do not overcook your shrimps or else they'll turn chewy.
- While making the sauce, you can taste it and adjust accordingly.
- To make it spicy you can add some crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper or smoked paprika.