This easy and delicious Cranberry Pecan Stuffing cooked in the Crock Pot makes for a perfect make ahead Thanksgiving Side dish recipe 😍😍. This Cranberry Pecan topping needs no cooking and it's a simple and easy one pot recipe which gets done to perfection in the crock pot saving you so much time in effort to make the perfect Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. 😍😍
Thanksgiving is one of those occasions which require some pre-planning, especially if you're planning to cook an elaborate meal
However, don't worry, I get it if it's the last minute and you still want to host a Thanksgiving party with some of the favorite holiday sides.
Keep your oven free for the Turkey to get cooked and use your Crock Pot to make some delicious sides. Try some of my 60+ Most Loved Thanksgiving Sides Recipes that You ought to Try
And one such easy and quick side which requires absolute no cooking skills, is just a basic dump and forget recipe and the Slow Cooker does all the magic is this Crock Pot Stuffing.
You can make this ahead of time or just dump everything and slow cook on low for 2 - 3 hours. Yes, it doesn't even take all day to cook the stuffing. Just a couple of hours and this is ready!😍😋
Favorite Thanksgiving Side 😍
I have a little confession to make...! I just love Thanksgiving sides. Honestly more than the Turkey. I mean, I get all that hoopla about Turkey is fine but I love those amazing sides like the Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, Corn Casserole, Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Buttermilk Biscuits and of course Stuffings!!
Some of my favorite Thanksgiving Stuffings are
- Grandma's Sausage Herb Stuffing
- Mom's Turkey Stuffing Recipe
- Sweet Potato & Mushroom Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe - Easiest Vegetarian Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Favorite Thanksgiving Side 😍
- 🥘 Ingredients needed to make Crock Pot Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
- 👩🍳 Instructions on making Crock Pot Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 🤔 Can I make this Cranberry Pecan Stuffing in the Oven?
- 😍 Other Possible Variations to this recipe
- 🤔 Can I use Fresh Cranberries instead of Dried Cranberries?
- 🧊 Storage
- 🤔 How to make the Best Slow cooker Stuffing?
- 😍 OTHER THANKSGIVING SIDES
- Cranberry Pecan Stuffing in Crock Pot
🥘 Ingredients needed to make Crock Pot Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
- Ground Black Pepper
- Dried Sage
- Dried Thyme
- Poultry Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Yellow Onion finely chopped
- Celery chopped
- Dried Bread chopped and cubed
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Chicken Broth
- Dried Cranberry
- Chopped Pecan Nuts
See recipe card for quantities.
👩🍳 Instructions on making Crock Pot Thanksgiving Stuffing
STEP 1: MAKE EGGS MIXTURE
- In a mixing jar combine Melted Butter with Chicken Broth and Eggs. Whisk until combined
STEP 2: DUMP AND FORGET
- Cut the bread into cubes
- Lay them in a single layer in the crockpot
- Add the chopped Onions, Celery, Seasonings, Dried Cranberry and Pecan Nuts in the crockpot
- Pour the Eggs and Chicken Broth mixture over it
- Toss to combine
- Top with a few slices of butter
- Cover and Slow Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour
STEP 3: STIR AND GARNISH
- Stir after it gets cooked
- If it's still moist, add some more chopped butter and toss until combined
- Cover and cook for 1 more hour
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve.
💡 Hint: Just add enough broth that will moisten the bread. Do not add too much broth. The quantity of Broth depends on the quality of bread.
The ideal amount of broth should be just enough that just moistens up the bread and does not make everything mushy. Remember that the Onions and Celery also release moisture while cooking. So make sure you add very little water.
🤔 Can I make this Cranberry Pecan Stuffing in the Oven?
Yes of course. Just follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and lay the breads in a single layer in a 9x13 inches baking dish
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. (This will dry out the bread)
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add the toasted bread and pour Chicken Broth over it
- Toss until combined
- Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes uncovered.
- Serve hot.
😍 Other Possible Variations to this recipe
- Apples - Cranberry Apple Stuffing is a popular recipe in itself. If you add apples to this fruity and nutty mix you will have a really delicious stuffing
- Sausage - Cranberry Sausage Stuffing will be a delicious recipe. Just remember to use sweet and salty Italian Sausage and cook it in a skillet until no longer pink and then dump in the slow cooker.
- Walnuts - In place of Pecan use Walnuts. Cranberry Walnut Stuffing shall be equally nutty and delicious.
🤔 Can I use Fresh Cranberries instead of Dried Cranberries?
Yes of course! There is no reason why you should not use Fresh Cranberries. Just remember to use double the amount of fresh cranberries as you would do with dried ones. This is because the fresh ones will dry out when cooked and you don't want scanty cranberries in your stuffing.
We all love leftover Turkey Dinners. And If you have leftover stuffing you can store that in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze this for upto 3 months. Thaw this overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
🤔 How to make the Best Slow cooker Stuffing?
Slow Cooker Stuffing is such a time saver. It keeps the oven free and let's face it, slow cooking this deliciousness makes the home smell like heaven!
Here are a few tips which shall make your Slow Cooker Stuffing stand out and the most delicious thing in your holiday table
- Do not add too much Chicken Broth
- Just use enough Chicken Broth to moisten the Bread
- I like to use a day old bread for my stuffing recipe. This is because it gets dry and retains the moisture and flavor well, rather than fresh bread
- I like to use our regular sandwich bread for this recipe, be it brown or white
- You can also use French Baguette or Sourdough Bread or Challah Bread for this recipe.
- What makes a good stuffing stand out is the seasoning. I like to add a bit of Garlic Powder along with Herbs like Sage, Thyme and Parsley. Also Poultry Seasoning is a must as it's exactly what makes the stuffing taste so good.
😍 OTHER THANKSGIVING SIDES
- Cauliflower au Gratin Recipe
- Green Beans Almondine Recipe
- Cheesy Green Beans
- Maple Mustard Glazed Green Beans
- Garlic Butter Sauteed Green Beans with Parmesan
I hope you like this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram🥰
Cranberry Pecan Stuffing in Crock Pot
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1 tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1½ teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 medium sized Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 2 cups Celery chopped
- 8 cups Dried Bread chopped and cubed
- ¼ cup Freshly chopped Parsley
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Dried Cranberry
- 1 cup Chopped Pecan Nuts
- Combine Chicken broth, Eggs and Melted Butter in a mixing jar. Whisk until combined.
- Lay the bread in a single layer in the crock pot. Add the seasonings, herbs, dried cranberries, chopped Pecan nuts, chopped onions, and celery in the crock pot.
- Pour the egg mixture over it. Toss to combine lightly
- Cover with the lid and slow cook for 2-3 hours on low or on high for 1 hour.
- Stir after it gets cooked and cook for a little longer if it's dry. if it's moist, add some more chopped bread and cook for 1 more hour on low. Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve