Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast. A quick and extremely easy dessert which we need in our lives. Delicious Cinnamon Sugar French toast which is crispy and slightly caramelized on the outside is equally buttery and filled with melted dark chocolate on the inside. These are dusted with Granulated sugar combined with Cinnamon and a hint of Nutmeg. Just the perfect amount of sweetness, exceptionally buttery and crunchy edges, and melty chocolaty goodness in every bite. This quick-fix dessert is like heaven on a plate 🙂
Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast
Hey, friends. So, today morning I woke up and the first thing that I was craving was some Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Are you too a lover of Toast crunch especially in the wee hours of the day where it's kind of blurry, and all you need is a bowl full of Toast crunch and a cup of coffee to get back to reality. Well, it always happens to me. Especially in the morning, I need things to be perfect.
This Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast is something that I make very often for my boys. It's such a favorite family recipe and has been in my home for ages that it almost slipped my mind to share it with y'all.
I used to make these quick Cinnamon French Toast for my boys and their friends all the time whenever they were home. Everyone used to love that extra Cinnamon sugar topping in the toast. I remember, one of the boys always used to say to me that this reminds him of eating Churros dunked in chocolate 🙂 That's such a cute and innocent reaction to this recipe and it always won my heart.
Well, it's actually just like that. Perfectly buttery and crunchy toasts with extra cinnamon sugar filled with melted dark chocolate inside are nothing but Churros dunked in chocolate in Toast format! Right!!! 🙂
Ingredients needed to make Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast
- Vanilla Extract
- Whole Grain Bread
- Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil (1-2 drops to melt the chocolate chips)
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
How to make Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast
Below is a brief description of the recipe. You can find the full recipe with guided details below. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Dip the Bread
- Half the bread loaf from the center
- In a bowl whisk together Milk, Eggs, and Vanilla Extract
- Dip the bread in the milk mixture
STEP 2: Toast the Breast
- Melt butter in a pan
- As the butter shimmers, add the soaked bread and toast each side until crispy
- Once toasted, take them out of the pan and keep them on a separate plate
STEP 3: Make Cinnamon Sugar and dust over the Toast
- Combine granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a bowl
- Dust this Cinnamon sugar over the toast.
STEP 4: Melt Dark Chocolate
- Melt Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips with a few drops of coconut oil in the oven for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth and lump-free
STEP 5: Fill with chocolate
- Finally, just sandwich the melted dark chocolate between 2 slices of Cinamon Sugar French Toast.
- Serve with some fresh fruits and some freshly brewed coffee.
Other easy dessert recipes for you
I hope you liked this recipe. if you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Chocolate Cinnamon French Toast
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 sticks Butter
- 3 oz Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 drops Coconut Oil to melt the chocolate
- Cut soft Bread loaves into 2 halves. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together Milk, Eggs, and Vanilla Extract until combined. Dip the Bread in this mixture and allow it to get soaked for 1 minute.
- Heat butter in a skillet. As the butter shimmers, carefully add the soaked bread to the skillet and toast until both sides get crunchy and light golden brown. Once the bread gets toasted, take them out of the pan and keep in a separate plate.
- On a plate combine granulated sugar with ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Dust this Cinnamon sugar over the toast.
- Melt unsweetened Dark Chocolate chips with a few drops of Coconut oil in the oven for 2 minutes. Stir until the chocolate is lump-free and smooth. Finally, just sandwich the melted dark chocolate between 2 slices of Cinamon Sugar French Toast. Serve with fresh fruits and coffee or milk