This easy Avocado Hummus recipe is super easy to make, uses basic pantry staple ingredients and is the best and creamiest appetizer recipe ever.
If you are looking for a creamy, fresh, and tasty dip that is also very easy to make? Look no further! I have a quick and easy recipe for you to make delicious and creamy Avocado hummus at your home. With some simple ingredients and quick steps, you can amp up your dish anytime!
Avocado hummus is a delectable combination of two well-liked foods: creamy avocados and traditional hummus. This delightful mixture not only tantalizes the taste buds but also gives numerous health advantages.
Avocado hummus is sure to become a favorite addition to your food collection, whether it's served at gatherings, eaten as a snack, or spread over any of your favorite sandwiches. Take advantage of this fusion dip's adaptability and health advantages while surprising your guests with its distinct flavor and presentation.
Without any further ado, let's jump onto making this refreshing and fresh Avocado hummus.
What is Hummus?
Hummus is a creamy and tasty Middle Eastern dip made with chickpeas, tahini (sesame seed paste), lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. It is a delicious spread, dip, or accompaniment that integrates protein, fiber, and essential nutrients into a variety of foods in a flavorful manner.
Why Make Avocado Hummus?
A delicious and nutritious variation on the traditional hummus recipe, avocado hummus offers a creamy, silky dip that is bursting with flavor. Dive into the flavors of the Middle East with its lush texture and vivid green color.
The richness of the avocado adds dimension and a velvety texture, taking the already excellent hummus to a whole new level.
Avocados also have their own unique health advantages because they contain good fats and a variety of necessary components.
Ingredients needed for Avocado Hummus Recipe
- 1 can Chickpeas (soaked and drained)
- 2 Avocados (medium-sized, ripe, and cored)
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 4 tablespoon fresh Lime juice
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoon fresh Cilantro (with stems)
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- Salt and Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Avocado Hummus
Step 1: In a blender or food processor add the chickpeas, avocado flesh, yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, garlic cloves, cilantro, red pepper flakes, ground cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
Step 2: Blend all the ingredients until they form a smooth well-combined mixture
Step 3: Take the prepared hummus out in a bowl of the required size. Top with some more olive oil, chickpeas, smoked paprika, and chopped cilantro on top.
Step 4: Your hummus is ready to serve and enjoy. Serve it with some Pita Chips or Celery sticks for a delicious treat.
Cooking Variations for Avocado Hummus Recipe
While there can be many variations to the recipe, here are some of the best and tried variations that you can try.
- Blend in a chopped jalapeño pepper or a dash of cayenne pepper to add some spice. Those who like their dips with a little spice will like this variation.
- For a smokey and sweet twist, roast red bell peppers until they are roasted, remove the skin, and combine them with the avocado hummus.
- Add some freshly chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice to increase the freshness. This modification gives the dish a tangy, herbaceous flavor.
- Add some lime and ranch. Make a zesty and flavorful dip by adding ranch seasoning mix and a little lime juice.
Is Avocado hummus healthy?
Yes, Avocado hummus is considered to be quite healthy. This dip is dairy-free, gluten-free, high in protein, and high in fiber. It makes a delicious, nutritious meal or appetizer when served with some fresh vegetables. It is low in saturated fat and has a high amount of protein.
Can Avocado hummus turn brown?
Yes, it does. It will ultimately turn brown with all the lime and lemon juice. By sealing it properly to minimize air contact, you can delay the oxidation process from occurring. Usually, it’s best within 2-3 days.
Can you freeze Avocado hummus?
Yes, Avocado hummus can be frozen and stored but it is best to use it fresh. Hummus' texture and consistency might vary when frozen. Longer freezing times can cause water crystals to develop, which add liquid to the hummus when it thaws hence changing its consistency.
How can the hummus be stored?
Store your avocado hummus in an airtight container to prevent browning.
Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the hummus and press it firmly against the surface of the hummus before placing the leftovers in your container and closing it.
As a result, the dip won't be able to breathe, which should prevent browning for about 2-3 days.
Tips to keep in mind to make the Creamiest Avocado Hummus
- For the creamiest and most flavorful hummus, use a ripe avocado. When selecting an avocado, look for one with dark green skin that gives slightly to gentle pressure.
- Avoid over-blending the avocado hummus because doing so can make it less creamy.
- For the smoothest texture, remove the chickpeas' skin. Although it is not required, doing this results in a very smooth avocado hummus.
- Before serving, chill the avocado hummus in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the best flavor and texture. This increases the richness and enables the flavors to melt together.
Hope you liked this easy and creamy avocado hummus recipe. If you have any questions post it in the comment box below so that I can answer them for you! If you happen to make this recipe, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram and share your creation.
Avocado Hummus Recipe
- 1 can Chickpeas 15oz (soaked and drained)
- 2 medium sized Avocados ripe, cored
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for serving if desired
- 4 tablespoon Lime juice freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro with the stems
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- Blend the Chickpeas, Avocado flesh, Yogurt, Spices, Olive Oil, Lime juice, Cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl. Top with more olive oil, chickpeas, smoked paprika and chopped Cilantro on top.
- Serve with Pita Chips or Celery sticks.