Turkey Tetrazzini is the answer to leftover Thanksgiving Turkey. This creamy Turkey Tetrazzini features leftover Turkey tossed with a creamy Mushroom sauce, Cheese, and Linguine pasta. Finally, this is baked with loads of Mozzarella Cheese and Italian Breadcrumbs on top. The result is beyond delicious. A creamy baked pasta recipe with Turkey which will get you fall in love with leftovers! It's the ultimate definition of comfort food, especially around the holidays. 😍😍
Don't like this recipe? try my Turkey Enchiladas Recipe which is also an excellent way to use up leftover Turkey. 🥰🥰🥰🥰
Cheesy, Comforting and Indulging this Turkey Tetrazzini is it supremely cheesy pasta filled with juicy Pasta and lots of cheese and cream.❤️❤️
When you Bake this Turkey Tetrazzini, the creamy sauce kind of bakes into the pasta making it extra creamy and delicious. 😋😋😋😋😋
This is exactly what makes tetrazzini even more delicious and creamy even then an Alfredo. You'll know when you make this recipe! Thank me later and make this tonight, you would love it for sure.
- One Pot Pumpkin Alfredo
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Cream Cheese
- Chicken Alfredo Bake
Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
This recipe can easily be done in the Dutch oven as well or in a 9x13" baking dish. Which ever way you decide to make it you will love this. If you don't want to go the length of baking this, you will save yourself some time as you can do this entire recipe in a dutch oven. However baking this is equally easy, just a few extra dishes!
In my home, the day next to Thanksgiving which is Black Friday, I always make this Turkey Tetrazzini for dinner. 🥰
After a day full of shopping, the only thing I look forward to is this comforting Turkey Tetrazzini.
After Thanksgiving you literally don't want to spend any minute in the kitchen. But still you gotta eat! What's better than this comforting Turkey Tetrazzini.
Its such an easy meal and the best way to use up loads of Leftover Turkey. Kids love this so so much! Cheesy and indulging baked Pasta! Oh so yum!! You'll literally fall in love with leftovers like never before!😍
- Baked Rigatoni Pasta with Ground Beef
- Creamy Garlic Spinach Pasta
- The Simplest Recipe for Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 Instructions on making Turkey Tetrazzini
- 🤔 Is this Turkey Tetrazzini healthy?
- 🤩 Easy Turkey Tetrazzini (steps no one will tell you)
- Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini in a Dutch Pot
- 🤔 What is the difference between Tetrazzini and Alfredo?
- 🧊 Storage
- 🤔 Can I make this ahead of time?
- 💯 Top Tips to make the Best Turkey Tetrazzini
- MORE Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Dry Pasta - I like to use thin Spaghetti or Linguine or Angel Hair Pasta for this recipe. Remember, this pasta holds more flavors.
- Olive Oil - to cook the onions and mushrooms
- Yellow Onion finely chopped
- Mushrooms sliced
For Creamy Sauce
- Chicken Broth - I like to use Low Sodium Chicken Broth. If you're using regular Chicken broth, balance the amount of salt you are adding by tasting this.
- Turkey cooked, chopped into chunks OR shredded
- Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup - you can replace this with Cream of Chicken Soup or just some softened Cream Cheese if you wish to
- Heavy Cream
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and ground Black Pepper as per taste
- Garlic minced - Yes, I like to add minced garlic in the sauce as it adds more depth of flavors as it gets baked into the Pasta.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Mozzarella Cheese shredded
To bake the Pasta
- Mozzarella Cheese to top the Pasta
- Italian Breadcrumbs to top the Pasta
- Dried Parsley to top the Pasta
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 Instructions on making Turkey Tetrazzini
STEP 1: COOK THE PASTA
- Cook pasta until al dente in salted water as per package directions.
- After it gets cooked, drain the water
STEP 2: COOK MUSHROOMS
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onions and mushrooms
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium - high heat or until they brown.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and keep it aside
STEP 3: MAKE CREAMY SAUCE
- Combine Cream of Mushroom soup with Heavy Cream, Italian Seasoning, minced Garlic, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Salt and Pepper.
- Once combined, transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the browned onions & mushrooms along with the cooked pasta in the large mixing bowl
- Pour Chicken Broth in it. Toss to combine everything.
STEP 4: BAKE & SERVE
- Transfer to a 9x13" pyrex baking dish
- Top with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Italian Breadcrumbs & dried Parsley.
- Bake @ 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Once the cheese on top gets bubbly, get it out of the oven
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve!
🤔 Is this Turkey Tetrazzini healthy?
Turkey is certainly healthier and lighter as compared to any other meat. However that does not mean that this recipe is too healthy. To make this healthier and lighter, replace Heavy cream with Plain Greek Yogurt and skip cream of Mushroom soup. You can use Vegan Cheese Sauce instead.
🤩 Easy Turkey Tetrazzini (steps no one will tell you)
- Just to make this easier, after you've browned the onions and mushrooms, dump all the ingredients to make the sauce in the same skillet. Stir to combine everything at once
- Now, just toss this mixture with the cooked pasta and you're done. Its so easy!
Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini in a Dutch Pot
One Pot meals are the best and you can easily make this Turkey Tetrazzini in the dutch pot. To make One Pot Turkey Tetrazzini, follow these steps.
- First of all, heat butter or olive oil and brown the Onions and Mushrooms
- Next add all the ingredients to make the Creamy sauce along with Turkey chunks
- Once the mixture comes to a simmer, add the uncooked pasta along with Chicken broth
- Cover and cook until the pasta gets al dente for 20 - 25 min, stirring every often so that nothing gets stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Top with more cheese and breadcrumbs and cover cook for 10 minutes or until the Cheese melts on top
- Garnish and serve.
🤔 What is the difference between Tetrazzini and Alfredo?
Both Tetrazzini and Alfredo are a creamy pasta recipes. However, Tetrazzini is usually a pasta bake and alfredo is a creamy pasta. Also, Mushrooms are typically used along with Chicken or Seafood or Turkey to make Tetrazzini.
Other One Pot Recipes to try
- One Pot Pumpkin Alfredo
- One Pot Spaghetti Recipe (NO MEAT) with Whipped Herb Ricotta
- One Pot Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta
- Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot
- Instant Pot Peach Chicken in Honey Balsamic Sauce
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Creamy One-Pot Red Sauce Pasta
You can easily store leftover Turkey Tetrazzini in an airtight container or Cover with a foil and freeze. You can freeze this for upto 2 weeks or refrigerate for about a week. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving
🤔 Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes of course! To make this ahead of time, make the Pasta and sauce separately and keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Before baking, combine everything together, dump and bake the pasta with extra cheese on top! You can add a splash of milk to this so that this does not dry out.
💯 Top Tips to make the Best Turkey Tetrazzini
- Chop the Cooked Turkey into 1 inch sized cubes and then use it. You can even shred the Turkey and use it.
- You can make the cheesy sauce in the same skillet where are you sautéed Mushrooms and Onions. Just dump all the ingredients, stir at once to combine and use it.
- If you want you can skip out on Mushroom and Onions.
- If you do not want to use Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup then replace it with Cream of Chicken Soup or Softened Cream Cheese.
- To adapt this recipe for chicken, first precook the Chicken, Cut it and then use it.
MORE Leftover Turkey Recipes
- Leftover Turkey Mushroom and Wild rice soup (Deliciously Creamy!!)
- Thanksgiving turkey cheese ball recipe
- Garlic Sesame Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Italian Turkey Meatballs in marinara sauce
- Easy Turkey lasagna Recipe
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Turkey Chili in a Crockpot
- 6 oz Dry Pasta Spaghetti or Linguine or Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion finely chopped
- ½ lbs Mushrooms sliced
for creamy sauce
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Turkey cooked, chopped into chunks
- 1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and ground Black Pepper as per taste
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
to bake the pasta
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese to top the Pasta
- ¼ cup Italian Breadcrumbs to top the Pasta
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley to top the Pasta
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. As the water boils, add the Pasta and cook until al dente as per package instructions. Drain the water. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Add the chopped Onions & Mushrooms. Cook until they turn brown for 5 minutes over medium - high heat. Once cooked, remove from heat and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients. Mix everything until combined.
- In another large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients at once - the mushrooms, creamy sauce & cooked pasta. Pour Chicken broth and stir to combine all at once. Once combined, transfer to a greased 9x13 inches pyrex baking dish. Top with more shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Italian Breadcrumbs and dried Parsley. Bake @ 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve this hot.
Ask Me Anything