This is the Best Classic Bacon Ranch Cheese ball recipe. Always a hit during the holidays, this homemade Cheese ball recipe is undoubtedly the best appetizer for parties.
The holiday season is totally incomplete without appetizers like Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip, Shrimp Cocktail, Shrimp Cucumber Avocado Bites, Sticky Pork Belly Bites, and of course this Creamy Cheese ball recipe with bacon.
What is Cheese Ball Made of?
A cheese ball is made of softened cream cheese, shredded cheese blend, green onions, white onions, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
Since we are making Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball here, we have added Homemade Ranch Seasoning and cooked bacon along with all other ingredients.
Also try this Thanksgiving turkey cheese ball recipe
- What is Cheese Ball Made of?
- How to Make Pioneer Woman Cheese ball recipe?
- How do I roll my Cheese Ball?
- What goes good with Cheese Ball?
- How long does a Cheese ball stay good?
- How many days in advance can you make a cheese ball?
- You can Consider these Variations
- More recipes to try:
- The Best Homemade Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- Mexican Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Ranch Seasoning
- garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
- ground black pepper
- Pecan nuts
- White Onions
- Green Onions or Chives
How to Make Pioneer Woman Cheese ball recipe?
The world knows I am not as good as Pioneer Woman. She is a legend and her recipes are like magic.
But, here is a humble attempt at me trying to make my version of the Best Cheese ball.
- STEP 1: Cook Bacon in a deep dish skillet under crispy. Or alternatively, you can bake bacon in the oven.
- STEP 2: Combine some bacon with chopped green and white onions.
- STEP 3: Stir in softened cream cheese, sour cream, shredded Mexican Cheese blend, shredded Cheddar Cheese, garlic powder (not garlic salt), ranch seasoning, and ground black pepper.
- STEP 4: Use a wooden spatula or a rubber spatula to combine all ingredients until well-combined.
- STEP 5: Shape the cheese ball (the way you like) and keep it aside.
- STEP 6: Spread chopped pecan nuts, chopped green onions, chopped bacon, and a handful of fresh chopped parsley on a wooden cutting board.
- STEP 7: Roll the cheese ball over this mixture of herbs, cheese, bacon, and nuts. Turn the ball to make sure all sides are coated evenly.
- STEP 8: Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to firm up in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Thaw it at room temperature for at least 20-minutes before serving.
How do I roll my Cheese Ball?
- Transfer the cheese ball onto a section of a saran premium plastic wrap.
- Pull the corners and twist it to form a ball with ease.
- Use a pair of sharp scissors to cut the ball at the base of the twist.
You can make these Homemade Cheese ball for Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years Eve or Game Day.
They are so easy to make that you won't have to worry about a single thing.
More recipes to try:
- Christmas Tree Pull Apart Appetizer
- Cheesy Spinach Dip Puff Bites
- Spider Web Taco Dip
- Brussel Sprouts wrapped in Bacon
What goes good with Cheese Ball?
It's no news that a Cheese ball is best served with crackers. But here are some alternatives with which you can serve a cheese ball.
- Pretzel Bites or Pretzel rods
- Roasted Peppers
- Tortilla Chips
- Bagels (in case you are serving this for brunch)
- Chopped Veggies (Carrots or Celery or Cucumbers)
How long does a Cheese ball stay good?
When wrapped in plastic, the cheese ball stays well in the fridge at under 40 degrees F for at least two weeks.
How many days in advance can you make a cheese ball?
TIP #1: Do not coat your Cheese ball in nuts if you plan to make ahead your Cheese Ball.
TIP #2: Always use fresh ingredients if you want your cheese ball to last longer in the fridge.
- Store in an Air-Tight Container or Plastic wrap.
- If you are using fresh ingredients and are storing it properly then your cheese ball will last in the fridge for 1-week.
You can Consider these Variations
- Hot Sauce - There is a common misconception that Hot sauce would make your Cheese ball spicy. No, it won't. It would just add more flavor. Try my Homemade Hot Sauce for more taste.
- Cheese ball recipe with Dried Beef - Dried Beef or Chipped Beef is basically lightly dried, salt-cured, thinly sliced beef which you can add to your cheese ball for an amazing taste.
- Cheese ball with ham - You can use your favorite deli-cut ham to make this delicious ham and cheese ball.
- low fat cream cheese - If you want to cut down the carbs and basically lighten this recipe, then you can use low fat cream cheese instead of full-fat cream cheese.
- Dijon Mustard - For a sharp taste and an edgy finish to your cheese ball you can add some dijon mustard.
More recipes to try:
The Best Homemade Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- 16 ounces cream cheese full fat (softened to room temperature)
- 10 oz bacon chopped, divided
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 1 small white onion chopped
- ¼ cup green onions can replace with chives (chopped, divided)
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese freshly shredded from a block
- 2 oz 4 cheese Mexican blend shredded ½ cup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder not garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup pecan nuts chopped
- Cook bacon in a deep dish skillet. Toss and cook until both sides are evenly crispy. Set aside ¼ cup for later.
- Combine the remaining ¾ of bacon with ¼ cup sour cream, ¼ cup chopped white onions, 2 tablespoon chopped green onions, 1 cup cheddar cheese, ½ cup shredded 4 cheese Mexican blend, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, 2 tablespoon ranch seasoning, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Use a wooden spatula to mix well until combined.
- Roll the mixture into the shape of a ball.
- Arrange the remaining bacon, ½ cup remaining shredded cheddar cheese, ½ cup chopped pecan nuts, and remaining 1 tablespoon chopped green onions on a wooden cutting board.
- Roll the cheese ball over this shredded cheese, herb, and bacon mix. Press lightly and turn so that all sides are coated evenly.
- Place it onto a saran plastic wrap. Pull the edges and twist the plastic wrap around the ball. Cut the plastic below the ball.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until it is firm enough. Thaw it for 15-20 minutes before serving so that it's soft.