Creamy and indulging Beer Cheese Dip is our favorite dip. It's super easy to make using Lager Beer, Cheddar Cheese, Milk and a few spices. This is a perfect dip and sauce which is best served with some homemade Pretzel bites or any other Game day Appetizer recipe for that matter. 😍😍
- 🤔 What is Beer Cheese Sauce Made Of?
- 🤔 Where did Beer Cheese Sauce Originate?
- 🥘 What do you need to make Beer Cheese Dip?
- 👩🍳 How to make Beer Cheese Dip?
- 😍 Variations for Beer Cheese Dip
- 🌱 How to make Vegan Beer Cheese Dip?
- 🧊 How to store Beer Cheese Dip?
- 💯 Tips for making Beer Cheese Dip better
- Will I get drunk having Beer Cheese sauce?
- Can I make Beer Cheese Sauce spicy?
- Can I make Beer Cheese Sauce with No Milk?
- Other Dips to make
- The Best Beer Cheese Dip
🤔 What is Beer Cheese Sauce Made Of?
With a name so straightforward, you can already expect what this Beer Cheese Dip is made of! Beer and Cheese are the main components, along with a variety of spices, milk, and other condiments to add the flavour.
🤔 Where did Beer Cheese Sauce Originate?
There are many debates regarding the Origins of Cheese Sauce, but most agree that it was probably invented in the Clark county of Kentucky during the 1940s.
If you are planning to go to Kentucky anytime soon, then we definitely suggest you try their delicious Fried Chicken with some of their Best Beer Cheese Dip!
🥘 What do you need to make Beer Cheese Dip?
To make a good Beer Cheese Dip you first of all need good quality ingredients.
Especially when it comes to Beer and Cheese. If there's a beer you don't find delicious in a glass, then it's a good idea not to use it in the Dip. I like to use Lager Beer for this recipe. However feel free to use any Beer you love.
As for Cheese, good quality aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese will be your best option.
You can easily find good quality beer and cheese at great prices at any grocery store nearby. So let's get our shopping basket and get the things we need to make beer cheese dip!
2. All purpose Flour
4. Whole milk
5. Dijon mustard (the grainy kind)
6. Worcestershire sauce
7. Garlic Powder
8. Kosher Salt
9. Black pepper
10. Cayenne pepper
11. Dried parsley
12. Cheddar Cheese
👩🍳 How to make Beer Cheese Dip?
1. Heat a medium sized skillet and melt butter in it. Then add All Purpose Flour and cook it until fragrant.
2. Let the butter and flour cook together for around a minute, stirring occasionally. Soon after, start pouring in the Beer.
3. Mix everything until there are no lumps. Once that is done, you can add milk as well. Again stir it until it is even and smooth with no lumps.
4. Keep cooking this mixture over medium heat and don't forget to keep stirring it. Keep doing this until it has become thick.
5. Combine all your other ingredients except Cheese to this thick mixture and mix well. Now you are ready to add your Cheese. Make sure your cheese is shredded and of good quality. Turn off the heat and then add the cheese.
6. Slowly add Cheese one handful at a time. Stir the sauce in between to make sure that the Cheese melts completely. Lower the heat and let the sauce cook for the last few minutes.
7. Your Beer Cheese Dip is now ready! You can either serve it warm or store it away for future use!
😍 Variations for Beer Cheese Dip
The best part about making Beer Cheese Dip is the many experiments you can do with it! With this versatile dip, the sky's the limit when it comes to variations. We will tell you some basic variations you can do to get you started!
1. Want to give your Beer Cheese Dip a spicy twist? Then add some Jalapeno to it! It will especially go great with cheese.
2. You can adjust the level of heat for your Beer Cheese Dip. For more heat just double on the Cayenne Pepper. If you want just a Creamy and Cheesy Sauce, then just skip on the pepper!
3. Oregano will make for a great addition for your beer cheese sauce, especially if you plan to have it with bread.
4. You can add more than one kind of Cheese to make your Dip even flavourful. Combining Cheddar with Cheeses like Parmesan and Provolone is an especially good idea!
🌱 How to make Vegan Beer Cheese Dip?
Vegans don’t need to feel left out, because we have come prepared for a perfect vegan beer cheese sauce recipe for you as well! To make a vegan version of beer cheese sauce all you’ll need is:
1. Vegan Cream Cheese
2. Vegan Cheddar Cheese
4. Beer (You can use gluten free Beer as well)
5. Cornstarch or arrowroot powder (GF Variety)
All you need to do is first blend your Cheddar and Cream Cheese together with garlic and Beer until smooth in a blender. Then add Cornstarch into it and give it another Pulse until combined through. And that’s it! Just heat up this sauce in your oven or in a skillet before serving it!
🧊 How to store Beer Cheese Dip?
Storing Beer Cheese Dip is super easy. Just cool it to room temperature first. Then you can pack it in an airtight container, seal it and store it in the sauce shelf of your refrigerator.
Alternatively you can also just put it in a bowl, cover it fully with a lid and then keep it in the lid. Either way just make sure the sauce is covered and is getting no direct exposure to air.
But we really suggest you keep it in an airtight container or a freezer bag as this way the sauce can last upto six months.
When you want to use your stored beer cheese sauce just reheat it in a microwave or on your gas stove. Although we really recommend the microwave as it is more convenient and less messy. Lastly, keep in mind that you cannot freeze beer cheese sauce, as it contains dairy in it.
💯 Tips for making Beer Cheese Dip better
1. Don’t overdo Beer in your Dip. Small amount of Beer is more than sufficient as its flavour will intensify in the sauce.
2. Use the Beer that you would like to drink . The quality of beer can really make or break your Cheese Sauce.
3. If you want to get the best out of your Cheese, then shred it by yourself. Avoid getting pre-shredded cheese from the market as it often comes covered with waxy coating that keeps your cheese from melting properly.
4. Taste your Beer Cheese Dip in between while you are stirring it to make sure you get the seasoning right.
5. Use Kosher Salt as it is easier to measure and work with than regular table salt.
Will I get drunk having Beer Cheese sauce?
If you are worried about serving Beer Cheese Sauce to kids then don’t worry.
Most of the alcohol gets evaporated in the cooking process thanks to the heat.
It is completely safe for kids and you cannot get drunk with Beer Cheese Dip, no matter how much of a lightweight you are!
Can I make Beer Cheese Sauce spicy?
Yes, of course you can! Just double up on Cayenne Pepper or add in more spicy elements to your sauce, like Ground Ghost Peppers. It is up to you how hot you want to make your Beer Cheese Sauce?
Can I make Beer Cheese Sauce with No Milk?
You can make Beer Cheese sauce without Milk. Just increase the amount of butter and Beer to make up for it.
Other Dips to make
- Avocado Crema - Creamy Dip made with Yogurt
- Queso Mexican Dip (White Mexican Cheese Dip)
- Baked Buttermilk Biscuit Wreath Dip
- Cheesy Jalapeño Cheddar Spice Dip
- Cheesy Spinach Dip Puff Bites
The Best Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 sticks Butter
- 3 tablespoon AP Flour
- ½ cup Lager Beer
- 1 cup Whole Milk can substitute with Half and Half or Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard the grainy kind
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 3 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Add flour and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant and cooked through.
- Gradually pour the Beer, stirring constantly. Also pour the milk. Whisk until combined. Cook this over medium high heat until this thickens.
- Now, stir in the Mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper. Stir until combined. Turn off the heat
- Stir in the shredded Cheese, a little at a time, stirring often so that it melts completely.
- Serve warm