Asian Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup is a sweet, simple and flavorful asian soup recipe.
This easy Thai curry Noodle Soup with Shrimps is perfect for a cosy fall night dinner. Made using Veggies, Thai Red Curry Paste, Shrimps, Ramen Noodles, Coconut Milk and Coconut Sugar, this one is just a basic dump and cook soup recipe which gets ready in just 15 minutes from scratch. This is such an easy Soup recipe which is perfect for busy weeknight dinner.
Its September which means its already the Cosy season of Soups. Easy and Comforting Soup recipes for dinner are always a winner. When it comes to fall cooking, I really don't want to get my hands dirty and try recipes which are extremely simple or just a basic dump and forget dinner recipe.
It only makes sense because its such a busy time of the year and you don't want to get stuck in the kitchen making an elaborate meal. I mean, it's not Thanksgiving Yet??
😋 What you'll Love about this Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup?
- Simple and Easy recipe
- Sweet and Nutty flavor because of Coconut milk and Coconut Sugar
- The juicy and Pulpy Shrimps
- The refreshing zesty taste of Lime Juice
🇹🇭 Is Thai Red Curry Healthy?
Thai Red Curry is actually healthy and hence its very commonly used in Thai Cuisines. However, only in moderate proportions. This is typically used a lot in our favorite Thai food recipes.
Try my favorite Thai Recipes
- 😋 What you'll Love about this Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup?
- 🇹🇭 Is Thai Red Curry Healthy?
- 🥘 Ingredients needed to make Thai Red Curry Shrimp Noodle Soup
- 👩🍳 Instructions on making Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 📝 Substitutions
- 🧊 Storage
- 💯 Top tips to make the Best Thai Noodle Soup
- Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
🥘 Ingredients needed to make Thai Red Curry Shrimp Noodle Soup
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Coconut Oil - Gives a nutty and aromatic flavor to this Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup.
- Garlic - I have used Asian Garlic Paste. You can use minced garlic or you can even find Asian Garlic paste in any big grocery store or supermarket
- Coconut Sugar - Coconut Sugar is a healthier alternative to brown sugar or Palm Sugar. However when in a pinch you can use Brown Sugar as well.
- Fish Sauce - This gives this soup that authentic Thai taste. If you donot have it, skip it.
- Red Curry Paste
- Coconut Milk - I recommend using full fat coconut milk for ultimate creamy and sweet taste and texture.
- Lime Juice - This brings in a perfect refreshing taste to this tropical seafood soup.
- Ground Black Pepper
- Ramen Noodles or Rice Noodles - Either one of these can be used. Rice Noodles and Ramen both cook very quickly in just about 2 minutes in hot water.
- Thai Basil Leaves for garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 Instructions on making Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
STEP 1: COOK RED CURRY PASTE
- Heat Coconut Oil in a saucepan
- As the oil shimmers, add the Thai Red Curry Paste and cook until it gets fragrant for about 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat
STEP 2: ADD THE VEGGIES
- Add Garlic and toss to combine
- Now, add the veggies. You can add any veggies you have at home (from Zucchini to Squashes to Carrots to Onions & Bell Peppers etc)
- Toss to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes so that the veggies tenderises
STEP 3: POUR COCONUT MILK
- Pour Coconut milk in the cooking mixture. Also, pour in the Fish Sauce and Coconut Sugar. Stir to combine everything.
- Break in the Ramen Noodles and bring it to a boil
- Add the Shrimps
- Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes
- Garnish with cracked black pepper, lime juice, and Thai Basil Leaves.
💨 Remember that overcooking the ramen will make them mushy and shall absorb all the moisture. So just simmer for 2 minutes and serve. Also, donot overcook the shrimp. Just cooking them for 2 minutes will be enough. Overcooking the Shrimp will make them rubbery.
💡 Hint: If the soup is getting too thick, then pour some more Coconut Milk and toss to combine. Simmer and Serve.
- Veggies - I have used Bell peppers and Onions. However, feel free to use any Veggies you have at home. From Squashes to Zucchini to Carrots, you can use any veggies you love.
- Green Curry Paste - If you have Green Curry Paste, then use that instead of Red Curry Paste to make Thai Green Curry Noodle Soup.
- This Soup can be refrigerated for about 2-3 days and can be reheated in the microwave and served
- However, I do not recommend freezing this Soup and this has coconut milk and it does not stand well upon freezing.
💯 Top tips to make the Best Thai Noodle Soup
- Use Full Fat Coconut milk for best flavors and creamy taste
- You can use Ramen Noodles or Rice noodles. Both cook at the same time and taste delicious in this Noodle Soup
- Use Coconut Oil to cook the red curry paste. It gives a nice, nutty fragrance to the soup.
- Add veggies of your choice to make this even healthier
- Use Coconut Sugar for balanced taste of sweet and spicy in this soup.
Other Soup recipes for Dinner.
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk (Vegan)
- Instant Pot Lentil soup
- Lemony Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach
- White Bean Enchilada Soup
- Potato Leek Soup
- Thai Curried Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Best Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons
- Red Bean Tex Mex Soup
- Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Soup
- Vegan Black Bean Enchilada Soup
- Traditional Brown Lentil Soup Recipe
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- 1 lbs Shrimps Peeled and Deveined
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 4 cloves Garlic minced (or 1 teaspoon Asian Garlic Paste)
- 1 large Onion diced
- 1 lage Bell Pepper diced
- 3 cups Coconut Milk full fat
- 1½ teaspoon Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar or Palm Sugar
- ½ package (8oz) Ramen Noodles OR Rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon Freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Thai Basil Leaves or Cilantro (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoon Lime juice freshly squeezed
- Heat Coconut Oil in a saucepan. As the oil shimmers, add the Thai Red Curry Paste to it and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Garlic and cook until it gets fragrant. Next, add the chopped Veggies and toss to combine. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes to tenderise the veggies.
- Now, pour in the Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce, and the Coconut Sugar. Give it all a good stir. Break in the Ramen Noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the Shrimps and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with freshly cracked black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Garnish with Thai Basil Leaves or Cilantro and Serve.