Red bean Tex- Mex soup is a classic Southern Soup made with all the Red Beans, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, White Cheddar Cheese, and Serrano Peppers, which will make you want to have it right away.
There is Chicken-broth, and for the spices, there is Cumin, there is Cayenne pepper, there is White Cheddar heese and of course, there is our good old friend - Red Beans!
Yeah!, this soup is actually really really GOOD and takes just about 30 minutes to get prepared.
What are Red Beans?
So, there is a lot of confusion about Red Beans. What are they? Are they the same as Kidney Beans? Well, I am gonna iron them out for you.
So, as the name suggests, a Red Bean is basically a Bean or a Seed. Now it looks in the shape of a human kidney, so we call it a kidney bean.
But, there is a lot of difference between Red beans and Kidney beans.
Kidney beans are a little larger in size than Red beans. I wish I could show you an image of both Red beans and Kidney beans kept side by side. It would make your job so much easier.
Should We Soak the Red Beans overnight before use?
Well, yes! If not overnight, I highly suggest you soak it for at least 4-5 hours. I mean, I couldn't soak overnight. So I soaked it at about 5 in the morning. And, by 10 AM they were ready for use.
Is this Soup Spicy?
Well, since it's a Tex Mex you'd be hoping that it'd be spicy. But, trust me it's not. It has got just the right amount of spices that you would need to make your soup hit all the right spots.
This Red bean soup is a perfect blend of nuttiness, spice, and comfort.
Yes, the Beans when blended in the food processor give a beautifully nutty sort of texture. Along with that when you add a dash of Cumin and Cayenne, there is a little spice but, that is exactly what improves the taste of this soup.
What are the Ingredients used to make this Red Bean Tex Mex Soup?
To make this soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 Ounces of Red Bean - which has been soaked, drained, and rinsed.
- 2 Medium-sized Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Medium-sized Diced Onions
- About 1 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth
- 2-3 Serrano Pepper
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 cup of White Cheddar Cheese
- For Garnish - 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice, 1 Teaspoon of Taco Seasoning, 2 Teaspoon White Cheddar Cheese, 2-3 Chopped Serrano Peppers, 2-3 Spring of Fresh Cilantro.
What else can we add to the Soup?
Wanna make this soup even better? Well, you could definitely use some of these ingredients:
- Jalapenos - Jalapenos are super-spicy and I don't like that much spice. But, hey, If you like spice, feel free to add it to your soup.
- Hatch pepper - If you can find hatch-pepper, you can definitely use them. They would make the soup taste so much better. If you want you can de-seed them and then add it to your soup to reduce the spice.
How To Make Red Bean Tex Mex Soup?
This is one of the easiest weeknight dinners because this is so easy to make. Just throw all of them in the blender and simmer them for about 30-minutes and your job is done.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Transfer to a saucepan add chicken broth and simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Fold in cheese, season with Salt and Pepper.
- Garnish with some Taco Seasoning, Lime juice, Fresh Cilantro, and some White Cheddar Cheese.
How Do I Store the Soup and then Reheat it?
Storing this soup is really easy. All you have to do is just pour this into an air-tight container, and then refrigerate this for up to 5 days.
When you want to reheat it, just transfer it to a saucepan and heat on medium to low heat for at least 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Other Soups you can make:
- Traditional brown Lentil Soup
- Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup
- Thai Curried Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Best Spinach Soup Recipe with Crispy Garlic Croutons
Red Bean Tex Mex Soup
Red Bean Tex Mex Soup Ingredients
- 2 Ounce Red Beans drained & rinsed
- 2 Medium-Sized Tomatoes Diced
- 2 Medium-sized Onions Diced
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Small Serrano Peppers
- 1½ Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1½ Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese I used white cheddar, you can use yellow as well.
- ½ Cup Cilantro chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 2-3 small serrano peppers
- 1 Teaspoon Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoon White Cheddar Cheese
- Mix all the ingredients except chicken broth, cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse to a desired consistency.
- Transfer it to a saucepan on medium-heat and stir occasionally.
- Fold in Some cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish soup with lime juice, taco seasoning, serrano pepper, some cheddar cheese and of course some freshly chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
I just loved this soup. I love your unique idea of making this creamy and velvety fall soup with red beans.
Yeah, its perfect for fall. Thanks.
This is no doubt the best soup recipe ever. I made it yesterday and my fam went nuts over it
Love this recipe! Very tasty
Wow! This soup was so delicious😋 Thanks for sharing such a unique soup recipe. My family went nuts over it. Will make it again tomorrow.