Quick and Easy Spaghetti is a baked Spaghetti recipe. It's just a One Pan recipe. Uncooked Spaghetti is topped with Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Black Olives, Marinara sauce, Tomato Ketchup, Basil, and sharp white Cheddar cheese. It is baked until the cheese on top gets golden brown and crusty and it starts to bubble on the sides.
Quick and Easy Spaghetti
I just loved Spaghetti recipes. Today I'll share with y'all one of my easiest baked Spaghetti recipes. This is such an easy and comforting dinner recipe. I have been making this recipe for years now and it's something everyone loves at home.
This is so easy to make. You do not even have to make Meatballs and add them to the mixture. Of course, you can add fried Meatballs if you wish to. Just some uncooked Spaghetti with a lot of veggies, garlic, and topped with Marinara sauce and Tomato Ketchup is so yummy and so tasty. The crusty brown and crisp Cheddar Cheese on top is so sharp, crispy and cheesy!
Spaghetti is one of my favorites and go-to ingredient in the kitchen. Be it a quick Lemon Basil Spaghetti or Chicken Spaghetti, it's always great news when it's Spaghetti dinner.
This is actually just like Spaghetti in Tomato Basil sauce. However, the best part is that you do not even have to cook the Spaghetti until al dente and make the Tomato Basil sauce separately. I this recipe, I have cleverly combined both these steps in just one pan and topped with Cheddar Cheese!
The best part about this recipe is that it's so easy and so basic. You do not need a whole lot of ingredients to make this easy recipe. Also, this recipe can be customized as you wish to.
I Just love love love the taste of this recipe. It's so saucy, spicy, and tangy. You feel like you're in some lazy restaurant in Italy and enjoying this gorgeous delight like no one's watching you!
I made this recipe with my homemade Marinara sauce. And it tasted even better. Also, I know some of you might be more comfortable with canned tomatoes and that's totally fine. This recipe won't judge you if you've made it with canned tomatoes.
Making the Marinara Sauce at home is so relaxing. These days, I hardly go out to buy store-bought sauces. So, I am always making my own sauce before making any recipe. Homemade Marinara sauce is more garlicky, spicy, and also a little bit sweeter. The store-bought ones are just too tangy. If you do not have Marinara sauce at home, then make some for yourself.
How to make Marinara sauce at home
Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Pan and saute the onions until translucent. Add the minced Garlic along with canned tomatoes. Sprinkle some Oregano, Salt, Sugar, and Crushed Black Pepper and cook on low flame until it thickens. Add some broken Basil leaves and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes. And that's it. That's how you make a perfect Marinara sauce at home which is such a helpful recipe and especially in this recipe, it's Marinara which makes the base of the dish.
Here are the Steps
So you start by placing the Uncooked Spaghetti in a 9 by 11 baking dish.
Top it with some Olive Oil, Garlic, Onions, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Black Olives.
For the sauce, you just need Marinara sauce and some Tomato Ketchup. Add that along with some water.
Top with some salt, pepper, and fresh basil.
Generously sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese on top and bake for 35-38 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble from the sides and it gets golden brown on the top.
Once it's baked top with some Italian Seasoning and fresh Basil Leaves and enjoy!
See it's that easy!
Other possible variations
This is a really customizable recipe. You can do so many innovative variations to this basic recipe.
- You can use Pasta in place of Spaghetti
- You can add fried Meatballs along with other veggies and then top with cheese.
- This can also be made with Mozzarella Cheese, however, it'll taste different as Mozzarella has a very mild flavor and cheddar is so sharp.
- You can add any veggie you wish to. This goes especially well with Bell Peppers and Potatoes.
Quick and Easy Spaghetti
- 15 oz Packed Spaghetti uncooked
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium sized Red Onions chopped
- 8-9 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- ⅔ Cup Marinara Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Jalapenos thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon Black Olives thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 3 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- Place the uncooked Pacakged Spaghetti in a 9x11 baking tray.Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil over it.
- Add chopped red onions, tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos and olives at this point.
- Add marinara sauce and tomato ketchup. Also add some water.
- Season your spaghetti with Salt, Pepper and fresh basil leaves.
- Shred Cheddar Cheese at home and sprinkle a layer of grated cheddar cheese generously over your spaghetti.
- Bake the Spaghetti at 190°C or 375°F for 35-38 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and it starts to get brown on the top.Enjoy.