This recipe for Prosciutto wrapped asparagus requires just 6 ingredients. Scrumptious Asparagus wrapped in crispy salty Prosciutto is an easy appetizer that pleases the guests. You can also make Roasted Asparagus with lemon butter and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.
Smoky Prosciutto meets Earthy Asparagus
Oven roasted Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is super crispy and easy Side dish and an Appetizer for Easter that you can make in less than 20-minutes. Serve this with Roasted Duck or Fried Chicken or Skillet Cornbread or Smashed Potatoes.
low in calories and fat - yet it tastes indulgent
Roasted Asparagus topped with Lemon zest and freshly grated Parmesan is my favorite side dish especially during Spring time. To be honest, It's my go to recipe to make Asparagus taste lip-smackingly delicious.
A few slices of Prosciutto add a real treat to spears of fresh asparagus. Pairing prosciutto with Parmesan-drenched Asparagus Spears takes this healthy side dish to gourmet heights. 🥙
- Smoky Prosciutto meets Earthy Asparagus
- low in calories and fat - yet it tastes indulgent
- What Kind of Asparagus to choose
- How to Prepare Asparagus
- How to Make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- What should I do If I get only thin Asparagus?
- 3 More ways to make it
- How about some Pizzazz?
- More Sides
- Recipe Card
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
What Kind of Asparagus to choose
Generally I choose thick Asparagus to make this recipe. My ideal go-to option is 18 spears per pound or 24 spears per pound.
I would strongly recommend you to not choose thin Asparagus.
Wrapping Prosciutto around a thin Asparagus will be extremely difficult. Moreover, with thin Asparagus you run the risk of Prosciutto drying out.
How to Prepare Asparagus
First thing First.
The first step of the recipe is to remove the woody base at the bottom of the Asparagus spear. It's your call. Check how much you need to trim and then do the needful. Sometimes you might need to trim about an inch of the spear.
What should I do with these? Well, don't throw them off. Peel off the cover using a vegetable peeler. Then just cut them into small pieces and enjoy with vegetable stir fry.
- Asparagus Spears
- sliced Prosciutto
- Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper
- Lemon Zest
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400°F
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9"x13" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
STEP 2: Prepare the Asparagus
Wash and rinse your Asparagus thoroughly under tap water until the water runs clear. This is incredibly important.
You need to wash off the debris and dirt before you cook your Asparagus. Pat dry with a dry kitchen towel. Snap the rough woody ends of the Asparagus and set aside.
STEP 3: Drizzle Olive Oil on Asparagus
Drizzle a generous amount of Olive Oil on Asparagus. This makes it easy to wrap the Prosciutto.
STEP 4: Wrap Asparagus with Prosciutto
Cut Store bought Prosciutto half vertically down the length. Wrap each Asparagus with one slice of Prosciutto. Store bought Prosciutto have really thin slices and they be tear apart while you are wrapping your Asparagus. That is completely ok. They'll look amazing once you've wrapped each Asparagus with Prosciutto. Tug the Prosciutto lightly so that it gets a little tension.
Arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
STEP 5: Bake Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus for 8 to 10 minutes
Bake your Asparagus in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
I don't like to bake them for a longer duration.
If you roast it for a longer duration the greens will turn brown and they won't be looking as good.
Step 6: Serve
Finally, Serve your Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus on a serving platter.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and Lemon zest.
What should I do If I get only thin Asparagus?
If you find thin Asparagus then you can simply use 2 or 3 Asparagus at once.
Wrap Prosciutto slices around 2-3 Asparagus so that you get a nice meaty texture.
3 More ways to make it
You can make your Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus in so many ways:
- Grilled - Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus is a super easy way to cook your asparagus.
- Pan Fry - You can also make Pan fried Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus.
- Air Fry - You can air fry your Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus. They would require less time and would be even crispier. Check out my Crispy Fried Green Beans in Air-Fryer for inspo.
How about some Pizzazz?
- Mozzarella - Love cheesy ooey-gooey mozzarella? Top your Prosciutto wrapped Asparagus with shredded Mozzarella before roasting it in the oven.
- Balsamic Glaze - Instead of lemon zest you can top your Prosciutto wrapped asparagus with balsamic glaze.
- Vinaigrette dressing - instead of balsamic glaze you can top your asparagus with vinaigrette dressing.
- Crispy Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Miso Carrots (Roasted)
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound Asparagus preferably thick asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper ground
- ½ pound thinly sliced prosciutto
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degree C). Prepare a 9"x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash and rinse Asparagus until tap water until you wash off the dirt and debris. Snap the rough ends using a sharp knife.
- Place the Asparagus spears in the prepared baking dish. Pour olive oil and coat them in olive oil.
- Arrange Prosciutto slices on a large cutting board. Cut in half by going lengthwise.
- Wrap each Asparagus spear with prosciutto slices. Tuck the end lightly to make sure they are tightly wrapped.
- Place them in a preheated oven and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh lemon zest.