This hearty sausage pasta recipe is a great make-ahead meal. It freezes well, too. The recipe is a favourite from our Test Kitchen & gets ready in just 20 minutes ⏱ . When it comes to comfort food, Cheese pasta like this recipe cannot be beaten. Add some Italian sausage to the mix and you get the ultimate comfort food. Perfect for a quick and easy dinner for the family, which kids will LOVE!!!😍😍😍
If you work a job that doesn’t always leave you with much time to cook and plan, this quick and easy one pot meal will be a great option.😋😋
Homemade pasta is easy to make and this One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe makes it even easier. Watch the video to learn how to make it and get it on the table in just 20 minutes. 😇😍😍
This is one of those easy weeknight dinner recipes which I love to make for a busy weeknight dinner. 😍😋
Also, it's so cosy, hearty and comforting. Kids love this so much!😋😋
Thats the thing about hearty Italian recipes. They are so easy to make, so comforting and hearty and can be easily made in a single pot which is such a great thing, especially on a tiring weeknight!😇😇
Other favourite Pasta recipes
- Creamy Garlic Spinach Pasta Recipe
- The Simplest Recipe for Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta - Slow Cooker / Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- Salmon Pasta in Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Easiest Cajun Shrimp Pasta
😋 Let's Talk Taste
This Easy Italian Sausage Pasta uses Extra Virgin Olive oil which in itself is such a flavour booster in this hearty Pasta.
Also the best part it of course the Sweet and Spicy Italian Sausage. Also try my Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning which will make any morning breakfast special and this Sausage and Peppers with Onions in Crockpot
The extra creamy tomato basil sauce with Heavy cream, Italian Seasoning, and Fresh Basil makes this such a flavour packed pasta recipe for dinner.
Its just so amazing how this One Pot Pasta cooks so easily, soaking up all the flavours of this creamy tomato basil sauce and heavy cream and it tastes so finger-licking delicious. 😋😋😋😋
🥘 Ingredients Needed to make Italian Sausage Pasta
- Ground Italian Sausage
- Rotini Pasta
- Half and Half
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic minced
- Diced Tomatoes or Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Onion finely chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Thyme
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Broth low sodium
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Basil Leaves freshly chopped
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
Follow the easy, step-by-step instructions for this tasty, quick meal.
STEP 1: COOK THE SAUSAGE
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet
- As the oil shimmers, add the ground sausage
- Cook until its no longer pink.
STEP 2: COOK THE PASTA
- Next, throw in the Onions and cook until they soften
- Next add the garlic and cook until fragrant
- Pour Chicken Broth and Diced tomatoes
- Add Thyme, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to it
- Add the uncooked pasta and cook for 15 - 20 min
- After it gets cooked, stir in the Half and Half & Shredded Parmesan.
STEP 3: GARNISH & SERVE
- Garnish with freshly chopped Basil Leaves an serve.
Remember to toss the pasta every few minutes so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
The best part about using Rotini pasta is that the sauce kind of melts into the body of the pasta making it extra flavourful and delicious.
🥘 Cooking Variations
- Taco Seasoning: You can skip all other seasonings and just use Taco Seasoning for Taco Italian Sausage Pasta
- Fajita Seasoning: You can add Fajita Seasoning as well and finely chopped bell peppers to make Italian Sausage Fajita Pasta.😋
- Spinach: After the Pasta gets cooked, stir in freshly chopped pasta and cook until it wilts for just about 5 minutes.
- Veggies: Apart from Spinach, you can add veggies like Kale or Bell Peppers which makes it taste so good
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: Use Roasted Red Pepper Sauce to make Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Pesto: Use homemade Basil Pesto sauce or Kale Pesto Sauce to make Pesto Italian Sausage Pasta. 😋😋
You can easily store this One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
You can also freeze this Pasta in an airtight container for upto 2-3 weeks.
Just thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving
🥘 Best One Pot Pasta Dinner
Its One Pot recipes like this, which makes dinner a breeze. They are so easy to make and are a perfect family treat. Also, an easy dinner which means less dishes. 😇
Also try these One pot Dinner recipes
- One Pot Pumpkin Alfredo
- One Pot Spaghetti
- One Pot Lemon Basil Pesto Pasta
- Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot
- Instant Pot Peach Chicken in Honey Balsamic Sauce
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Creamy One-Pot Red Sauce Pasta
💯 Top Tips to make the Best Italian Sausage Pasta
- Cook the Sausage before adding the onions or else they will remain uncooked
- Add the garlic after cooking the Onions for greater garlic flavours
- Use short pasta with crevices like Penne or Rotini or even Elbow Macaroni as it will hold the flavours better.
- Stir in the Parmesan Cheese only after turning off the heat
One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 pound Rotini Pasta
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 medium sied Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Chicken Broth low sodium
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Basil Leaves freshly chopped
- Heat Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. As the oil shimmers add the Ground Pork Sausage. Crumble and Cook the Sausage until they turn pink.
- Next, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes. Next, add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant. Pour the Diced Tomatoes and the Chicken Broth into the skillet. Add the Italian Seasoning, Dried Thyme, Salt and Pepper to it. Stir in the uncooked pasta. Cover cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir after every 5 minutes to avoid anything getting stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- After the Pasta gets cooked, stir in Half and Half and Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Basil Leaves an serve
Ask Me Anything