Crunchy, buttery, and Chocolately, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies create a burst of excitement with every bite. These delightful cookies are great for St. Patrick's Day.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today, I am baking some Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am a huge lover of the combination of Mint and Chocolate. And I think everyone loves it! Don't you?
Mint and Chocolate are a match made in heaven. It tastes so delightful that I feel like a kid when I am almost at an eating spree, stuffing my mouth with these cookies! I know, that's really silly, but I have to confess that's what I find myself doing exactly. Reaching out for these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies is what I catch myself doing almost always. So, I do not make it that often. I only make it during Christmas and that too I give out to my neighbors and friends.
I love making this recipe with Mint Chips along with Chocolate Chips. However, I did not find Mint Chips today so I decided to go for Mint extract to flavor my cookies. And while I was developing this recipe with Mint extract, I thought of using green food color. I think whenever I am using Mint extract, I always pair it with green food color. It makes my recipe look more interesting and festive.
These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are just perfect Green Food Recipes for St. Patrick's Day. Although, we don't really go out and celebrate St. Patty's day but we go to our friend's place who hosts a St. Patty's Day party every year. So, every year, I make one recipe. It's not really like a potluck, but I just make a recipe to help my friend and over the years we've made and learned so much about Irish Recipes and now about Green Recipes for this occasion. These last few years, we have made so many green recipes - especially desserts for St. Patty's Day. From Fudges to Cookies to Brownies to Treats to Parfaits and so many!
So, this year, since I am not really well and I am looking for a quick go-to recipe, I decided to make a batch of Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know everyone will love these for sure.
How To Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, first I took my wet ingredients which are Butter and Sugar and I creamed them. I used soft butter. You can easily use Melted Butter for this and it'll work fine. Just remember to cool down your Butter to room temperature before you use it for creaming.
After this, I started adding flour to my creamed mixture. I really love the flavor of refined flour so I have used that. You can always replace this with AP Flour or any flour you have at home.
I slowly mixed the flour with my creamed mixture, adding a batch at a time and folding it lightly.
After that, I added the Mint Extract along with the green food color, a pinch of salt, a teaspoon of Baking Soda, and a teaspoon of Vinegar. I used vinegar because I had no eggs at home. If you have eggs you can skip out on vinegar and use those.
Now, finally, add in the Chocolate Chips and fold them slowly into your Cookie dough! ( I really recommend you to use a little less cookie dough as more of it flattens the cookies. If you want more choco chips, then just 5 minutes before your cookies are ready, get them out of the oven and push in some choco chips. By the time they are out, they'll be perfectly baked and delicious.
After this, I whisked these well for about 2 minutes and soon my cookie dough was ready. I wrapped my cookie dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerated it for 30 minutes. This is really optional. If you are in a hurry you can skip this step. This will just tighten your dough and make cookies better. Although I think, if you have a really runny consistency of dough, you can add a cup of flour to the mixture and lightly fold it. This too will make sure that your Cookie dough is firm and you have great cookies coming out.
Now I simply pout my cookies to get baked in a cookie tray for 13 minutes. I deliberately kept these in my oven for another 5 minutes so that they get that extra crispness from the warmth of the Oven rack and that really makes cookies so great!
After this, I got them out and kept them for cooling on the rack.
So, this is how I make Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you liked this recipe, you might want to note down the detailed list of ingredients and recipes listed below or get a printout of it. Also if you make this recipe, then comment on your opinions and experiences below. I'd love to hear from you.
You might also like:
Other St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter (room temp.)
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- ½ tablespoon Mint Extract
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 Drop Green Food Color
- ½ Cup Refined Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ½ Cup Dark Semi-Sweet Choco Chips
- First, take the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Cream it with Butter. Whisk for 2 to 3 minutes in high speed with a hand blender. You can add 2 spoons of Milk as well. It'll ease the process.
- Now, you will have to slowly start adding your flour. Add the flour in small batches and keep folding it with the wet mixture.
- Do not overmix the flour. Just give it a stir and lightly fold it with the wet ingredients so that it gets well incorporated.
- Now ad in the Mint Extract along with a drop of Green food color.
- Now add Baking Soda, a Pinch of Salt and Vinegar. Whisk all of this for 2 minutes at low to medium speed, until you get a dough.
- Now throw in some Chocolate Chips and Mix it with a wooden spoon
- Refrigerate the Cookie dough for 30 minutes. After you get the cookie dough out, it should have a tight doughie consistency.
- Use a Cookie Scoop to scoop out your cookies and place the cookies in a greased cookie tray lined with Parchment paper. Do not grease the Parchement Paper as this will flatten your cookies.
- Bake these Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies at 350F for 13 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to stay in the oven for 5 minutes and then take them out on the cooling rack.
- Enjoy the Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies with a glass of warm milk.