Juicy and Flavorful Honey Bourbon Shrimp is the best Shrimp recipe ever. It's juicy, flavorful, sweet, and spicy. Shrimps cooked in a flavorful Honey Bourbon Sauce make for an exceptionally easy and delicious dinner recipe.😋 😋 It's just like my Honey Bourbon Chicken in Crockpot.
I love to serve this Honey Bourbon Shrimp with a bowl of Steamed Rice. You can also serve with Cauliflower Rice or Quinoa or Asian Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Garlic Vinegar Dressing or Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Dill and Sourcream for Low Carb Alternative.
What's better than the ever-popular Honey Garlic Shrimp? It's obvious! This Honey Bourbon Shrimp is the best. Sweet, Spicy, and Sticky this tastes sooo delicious. Bourbon gives this sauce a deep-seated caramel-like taste which tastes so good. Also, I make this in the skillet and it takes just 10-minutes to make it from scratch. Seriously the easiest meal ever. Perfect for busy weeknights when you want to order takeout but don't want to eat out. 😋 😋
Asian recipes for dinner are so good. They usually come together in minutes and is always a winner dinner. Have you tried my favorite Asian Shrimp recipes for dinner like
Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp in Air Fryer
Copycat Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
🍲 Sweet Honey Bourbon Sauce
I just love this Honey Bourbon Sauce. Its got a deep caramel flavor to it because of the Bourbon. Also, it's obviously sweet due to Honey and spicy because of Ground Black Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes.
The best part about this recipe is those juicy and plump shrimp coated in the sticky Honey Bourbon Sauce. They are perfectly cooked and tastes sooo amazing!😋
These are the ingredients needed to make Honey Bourbon Shrimp.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Cider Vinegar
- Chopped Cilantro (for garnish)
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Make the Honey Bourbon Sauce
- In a mixing jar combine all the ingredients except shrimps and whisk until combined.
STEP 2: Simmer the Sauce
- Pour the sauce in a wok or a skillet
- Add the Shrimps in the same skillet
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Stir occassionally.
STEP 3: Garnish and Serve
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro and serve.
Hint: Do not overcook the Shrimp. Add the shrimp right after the sauce has thickened. You do not want to cook the shrimp for more than 4 minutes. (2-minutes per side).
- LOW CARB - You can replace Ketchup with Keto Ketchup or Diced Tomatoes along with Minced Garlic.
- VEGETARIAN - Make this Vegetarian by replacing Shrimps with Veggies of your choice. You can use Broccoli or Mushrooms or Cauliflower or a bag of mixed veggies.
- Spicy - You can make this spicy by increasing the amount of Ground Black Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes.
- Kid-Friendly - You can make this Kid-friendly by replacing Bourbon with Apple Juice or White Grape Juice or Apricot Syrup.
- Chicken - You can replace Shrimp with Chicken. You need to use shredded chicken or diced chicken breast for this recipe. I've linked the recipe for Honey Bourbon Chicken above.
Store this Honey Bourbon Shrimp in an air-tight container. You can freeze this for upto 3 weeks and refrigerate this for upto 1 week.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before you serve. If the sauce gets too thick, then add some hot water and then reheat in the oven.
🍳 Other Cooking Methods
You can throw everything together in the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes.
However, make sure you add water in the sauce as for cooking in the Instant Pot, you need water to build the Steam.
Try my other favorite Instant pot Dinner recipes like Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry (KETO) or Chicken Vindaloo in Instant Pot or Smoked Sausage with Rice or Cajun Shrimp and Rice (Instant Pot / Slow Cooker) or Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
You can grill the Shrimps and then use it. Marinate the Shrimps with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (Do not refrigerate longer or else the shrimp will begin to get cooked with the salt)
Grill in an outdoor oven and then just pour the prepared Honey Bourbon Sauce over it and serve immediately. Have you tried my other Grilled Shrimp Recipes like Grilled Shrimp Skewers
If you want Crispy Shrimps in a Honey Bourbon Sauce, then just toss the cleaned and deveined shrimps with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Dump in the air fryer basket. Cook @350F for 10 minutes. Your Shrimps will get soo crispy.
Toss them in the prepared Honey Bourbon Sauce and serve immediately. Have you tried my Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa (just 10-minutes) or Extra Crispy Popcorn Shrimp in Air Fryer or Crispy Honey Sesame Shrimp in Air Fryer or Air Fryer Firecracker Shrimp or Coconut Shrimps in the Air fryer with Pineapple Chili Sauce
Other Asian Recipes You'll Love
- Crockpot Chicken Thigh Recipe with Asian Glaze
- Ginger Sesame Chicken Meatballs | Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Sticky Asian Hoisin Chicken Drumsticks
- Chinese Chilli Chicken Recipe - Asian Chilli Chicken
- Asian Cashew Chicken [Better Than Takeout]
I hope you liked this recipe and will make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Honey Bourbon Shrimp
- 1 lbs Shrimps deveined and peeled
for the sauce
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder or 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- To make the Honey Bourbon Sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a mixing jar. Cover and shake until combined. Or, just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- To simmer the sauce, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and pour the sauce in it. Allow the sauce to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Now, Throw in the cleaned and deveined shrimps. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes and toss to combine the Shrimps with the sauce
- Once the shrimps gets cooked, garnish with some chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
Ask Me Anything