Chimichurri Sauce is a green sauce that is made with Parsley, Cilantro, Lemon Juice, Garlic, and Red Wine Vinegar. This is the best sauce and dip which you will love over your grilled meat or grilled chicken and even grilled fish.
This is an Argentinian Sauce recipe that is robust, bold, and spicy. This has got the perfect punch of Lemon juice and a slightly acidic taste because of Red Wine Vinegar.
Also, it's mildly spicy because of Fresno Chiles and the Garlic. And it's these bold and spicy flavors that make Chimichurri taste so good.
Homemade ChimiChurri is one of my go-to recipes.
I make this so often. Especially during Summers when the Parsley and Cilantro in my garden grow in abundance!
I make this Chimichurri Sauce and store it in the refrigerator to use all year long. Be it over Pasta salads or within wraps or Spring rolls or as a Dip or over Burgers with Fries and of course almost always with grilled Streaks and Grilled Chicken!
This Authentic Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce is such a simple and yet such versatile sauce.
I love this because of its taste. The bold and spicy flavors are a perfect company for any snack, appetizer, and of course Grilled Recipes
What is Chimichurri Sauce made from?
Authentic Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce is made using Parsley, Garlic, Red Wine Vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, and Olive Oil. It's got the perfect balance of acidic taste and spicy flavors because of chili and garlic. It's so easy to make, takes just 5 minutes to make from scratch in the food processor.
What does Chimichurri Taste like?
Chimichurri Sauce has bold and robust flavors. It's definitely a bit spicy because of the chilis. Also, there's the kick of garlic and slightly tarty taste of Red Wine Vinegar in this Chimichurri Sauce
What is Chimichurri used for?
Chimichurri is traditionally used as a condiment over grilled Steaks or Chicken. However, because of its amazing flavors, it's used as a marinade or as dips, or as a dressing over salads and wraps.
How long does Chimichurri Last?
Chimichurri is such a great sauce and it tastes better as it ages. This easily stays fresh for 2-3 months in the refrigerator.
Ingredients needed to make Authentic Chimichurri Sauce
- Cilantro (optional)
- Lemon Juice
- Fresno Chile or Red Jalapenos (chopped)
- Shallots (finely chopped)
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Dried Oregano
- Olive Oil
How to make Authentic Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until you have a chunky smooth sauce ready
- Store in an air tight container.
How to store Chimichurri Sauce
You can store homemade Chimichurri Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 months. The Vinegar this along with the olive oil acts as a preservative in increasing the shelf life of Chimichurri sauce for a long.
You can even transfer this to a jar and top with some more olive oil and then cover with the lid. This will keep it even fresh for a long!
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Homemade Authentic Chimichurri Sauce
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Parsley
- ½ cup Cilantro optional
- 6-7 cloves Garlic
- 4-5 MEDIUM SIZED Fresno Chili or Red Jalapenos or Red Pepper Flakes (1 tbsp)
- 1 medium sized Shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice 1 medium sized Lemon
- Throw all the ingredients of the sauce in a food processor or high speed blender. Cover and blend until the sauce is chunky smooth. Pour some olive oil and scrape the sides to bring everything to the center and pulse until its done.
- Transfer to an airtight container of glass lid mason jar. Pour some olive oil on top. Cover with the lid tightly and refrigerate until you use it.