Hibachi Fried Rice is quick and simple Japanese fried rice which is too delicious. Rice is tossed along with veggies and eggs in butter along with Soy Sauce and Vinegar. This is served with Japanese Yum Yum Sauce which makes this taste incredibly good.
Hibachi Fried Rice
Hey friends. Have you ever tried authentic Japanese Hibachi Fried Rice? I know it sounds so fancy-schmancy but this one is totally worth it. It's really easy to make at home and the flavors here are just outstanding.
I'm sure you've had it at Japanese Steak Houses! How wonderful it is to just look at a skilled Hibachi Chef, making your food, right in front of you!
The dramatic toss of eggs, the bold spatula movements, and the fierce splash of the sauces! Well, my Hibachi Fried Rice, promises a little less on the drama but is absolutely game strong in terms of the flavors 🙂
This Hibachi Fried Rice can be made as a perfect side to grilled Chicken or Steak dinner. This is so flavorful in itself!
You can make this in a Hibachi grill or a hot plate if you have one. However, this can easily be made on the stovetop as well.
How to make Japanese Hibachi Fried Rice
Traditionally Hibachi Fried Rice is made on a girdle or a hot plate. However, you can cook it on the stovetop as well over very high heat.
Below is a brief description of the Hibachi Fried Rice recipe. You can find the printable card below. Also, watch the video of Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Saute the Veggies
- Melt butter in a Wok
- As the butter melts, add the minced garlic, chopped onions, chopped Carrots, and chopped Bell Peppers.
- Saute over high heat until the veggies tenderize.
STEP 2: Add the Eggs
- Move the Veggies over to one side of the wok
- Add the Beaten Eggs
- Scramble the Eggs
- Toss with other veggies until combined
STEP 3: Add the Rice
- Add the Rice
- Add the Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, and Toasted Sesame oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Toss until combined over high heat.
STEP 4: Serve
- Serve this Hibachi Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro and chopped Scallions. (if desired).
Tips to make the best Hibachi Fried Rice
- Use a Large Pan: As it's done in any Hibachi Restaurant, use a large wok or a big pan. I also, use my Cast iron skillet for this recipe sometimes. It gets heated through very quickly and gives enough room for the rice to get fried to perfection. Using a small pan will steam the rice and the rice will get mushy and sticky
- Cook over high heat: Always cook over high heat. The high heat will cook the veggies quickly. If you cook over medium-high or low heat, the veggies will start to steam and release moisture.
- Leftover Rice: Hibachi Fried Rice tastes the best with leftover rice. I like to use 1-day old rice for this recipe. If you don't have leftover rice, then cook the rice and then cool it down completely, and then use it.
Proteins in Hibachi Fried Rice
You can add Chicken or Shrimp or Salmon to your fried rice. I like to use Shrimp or Chicken because it cooks really quickly. Also, it makes this a wholesome meal in itself. You can also add Hibachi Grilled Chicken to this fried rice.
Other Asian Recipes you will love
Hibachi Fried Rice
- 1 stick Butter
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium sized Onion finely chopped (yellow or white)
- 1 medium sized Carrot Thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper Thinly sliced (Any Color)
- 2 Large Eggs Beaten
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 2 tablespoon Low Sodium Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil or Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- chopped Cilantro
- chopped Scallions
- Heat a Wok until completely heated through. Add a slice of butter along with minced garlic, Chopped onions, Thinly sliced Carrots, and Bell Peppers. Saute over high heat until the veggies tenderize.
- Move the Veggies to one side of the wok. Add the beaten eggs and scramble them using your spatula. Mix it with the other veggies and toss until combined.
- Add the Cooked Rice. Also, add the Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Toasted Sesame Oil, Salt & Pepper. Toss to combine everything over high heat.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro and chopped Scallions. Serve hot with Yum Yum Sauce