Chicken and Broccoli tossed in a creamy Alfredo sauce and baked is a hearty and comforting dinner recipe that you can get on the table in just 30 minutes⏱. Incredibly cheesy and delicious, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake is an easy dinner recipe packed with healthy veggie, chicken, cheese and a flavourful and comforting Alfredo Sauce. Its just so delicious, Kids love this too!😍😍😋
This is the perfect balance of Cheesy Alfredo Sauce, Pasta, Chicken and Broccoli. The best recipe that you can make with Chicken and Broccoli like my Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise
I love recipes like this one which includes healthy veggie like Broccoli in a creamy Pasta sauce. This is well received by everyone, especially the Kids. 😇🥰
I was surprised how my Kids loved this too. Yes! They loved this. If you love more recipes like this then try these amazing Broccoli recipes which are hearty yet healthy!🥰🥰
- Broccoli Rice Casserole - Southern Comfort Food
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- Creamed Broccoli with Crispy Bacon
- Broccoli Lasagna Roll Ups
- Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cream Cheese
- [2-Ingredient] Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Chinese Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry
This Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake is one of those delicious dinner recipes which you will want to make again and again. 😋😋
The flavours in this hearty and comforting casserole recipe is seriously off the charts. Nothing beats a creamy Alfredo sauce. Infact I love Alfredo everything!!!😋😋😋😋
- Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- One Pot Pumpkin Alfredo
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Cream Cheese
- Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo
- Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake | Chicken Alfredo Casserole
🤔 What is Alfredo sauce?
Alfredo sauce is basically a creamy and delicious sauce which is made with butter, flour, seasonings and Parmesan.
This is a thick and creamy sauce that coats the Pasta amazingly and flavours it brilliantly. This is generally used along with Fettuccine Pasta and hence the popular dish - Fettuccine Alfredo
However, you can use the Alfredo Sauce in any recipes like this Spinach Ricotta Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce. It's synonymous with a hearty and comforting recipe.
You can obviously make Alfredo sauce in advance and store it. Unopened Alfredo sauce can be easily refrigerated for about 6-8 months. However, once you have used half of it in any pasta, you got to use it within 2-3 days or else it will go bad.
🌱 Is this Alfredo Sauce Keto & Paleo?
This recipe for Alfredo Sauce is the authentic one, so it isn't Keto & Paleo. However you can find the recipe for Keto, Paleo, Vegan Alfredo sauce here.
Vegan and Paleo Alfredo Sauce can be easily made using Cashews or Nuts or even White Beans! Yes! White Beans!!
To make Keto Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake, skip the Pasta. It should be made just like my Keto Chicken Alfredo Bake, just toss in the steamed Broccoli in the mix.
🥘 Ingredients needed to make Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- Broccoli - steamed in the oven for about 5 minutes
- Chicken - boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts (cooked & cut into cubes)
- Italian Seasoning - use my homemade blend
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder - can replace with minced garlic
- Pasta - of your choice, I have used Elbow Macaroni
- Half and Half - to make the roux. You can replace this with 2% milk or Half and Half.
- Butter - to make the roux
- All Purpose Flour - to make the roux
- Mozzarella Cheese - for that perfect cheesy top
- Parmesan Cheese - to make the Alfredo sauce creamy
- freshly chopped
- Parsley - for garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
I have not added crispy breadcrumbs topping on top because I personally think its a distraction from a hearty bake. However, feel free to top the casserole with some Panko breadcrumbs before baking to easily crisp up the top.
You can mix Panko Breadcrumbs with just a little amount of melted butter and garlic powder and you'll love the flavours. 😋
If you want, you can even skip Panko and use Ritz Cracker Crumbs. Its such a smart and delicious way to make a crispy topping over this hearty Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake. You will love the salty flavours of Ritz crackers in this recipe. It'll taste just like my Broccoli Casserole with Ritz Crackers and Mayonnaise
👩🍳 How to make Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake
STEP 1: PREPARE THE THREE ELEMENTS
This recipe, primarily has three elements which takes time to prepare. Once you prepare these, your recipe is half done.
- Cook the Chicken in the oven for 5 minutes over high power. Once it cools down, cut it into cubes
- Steam the Broccoli for 5 minutes over high power in the Oven. Once steamed, discard the water
- Bring a pot of water to boil. As the water boils, add the pasta with a tablespoon of Salt. Cook the Pasta until al dente and drain.
STEP 2: MAKE ALFREDO SAUCE
- Heat Butter in a skillet over medium high heat
- As the butter melts, add the flour and cook until it turns fragrant for about a minute
- Pour the Half and Half in streaming motion, whisking costantly to get rid of any lumps and to make a smooth and creamy alfredo sauce
- Add the seasonings, Cream Cheese and Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Whisk until the Cheese melts and mixes with the sauce throughly
- Take this off the heat
STEP 3: BAKE
- Preheat the oven to 370F
- Add the Broccoli, Chicken and Pasta in a large mixing bowl
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over it
- Toss to combine everything
- Transfer this mixture to a Casserole baking dish
- Top with freshly grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake uncovered for 20 min & then Broil for 2 minutes to get a golden top
STEP 4: GARNISH & SERVE
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve.
💬 Hint: Broil the Casserole for about 2-3 minutes to get a beautiful golden brown top.
If you dislike a cheesy top, then use Ritz Cracker Crumbs or Panko Breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter and Garlic Powder. 😋😋
📄 Cooking Variations
- Chicken - You can sear the Chicken in a skillet or just grill and then use it. Or you can use Swanson's Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast. Canned White Chicken is absolutely cooked and will cut the cooking time by half.
- Pasta of your choice - I like to use small pasta with crevices because that way the sauce kind of seeps into the pasta making them extra delicious. However feel free to use any Pasta you have at home like Penne or Rotini etc.
- Crispy Breadcrumb Topping - For a crispy topping, just combine some Panko Breadcrumbs with melted butter and a dash of garlic powder. Or use Ritz Cracker Crumbs. It will make this taste excellent.
- Cajun Seasoning - If you love spicy food, then just include a tablespoon of Cajun Seasoning to this Alfredo sauce and you will just fall in love with the flavors. It will be like my 20-Minute Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. The creamy Cajun Alfredo Sauce is seriously everything you will crave for days.
You can easily store this in an airtight container or just double wrap the leftovers in the casserole dish using aluminium foil and plastic wrap.
Freeze this for upto a month or refrigerate for about 2 weeks.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving
Other hearty Pasta Bake recipes
- Baked Rigatoni Pasta with Ground Beef (Freezer Friendly)
- Creamy Garlic Spinach Pasta Recipe
- Quick Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- Crockpot Zucchini Baked Ziti (Low Carb)
- Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- Baked Shells and Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Baked Ziti
Healthy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- 2 cups Pasta uncooked (any kind)
- 2 large Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless, cut into cubes, cooked
- 2 cups Broccoli florets chopped
- ¼ cup AP Flour
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- Freshly Chopped Parsley for garnish
- Steam the Broccoli in the oven for 5 minutes. Drain the water. Cook the boneless, skinless, chicken cubes in the oven for 10 minutes and drain the broth. Bring a pot of water to boil. As the water boils, add a tablespoon of salt and uncooked pasta. Cook the Pasta until al dente. Drain the water.
- To make Alfredo Sauce, melt butter in a skillet. As the butter melts, add flour and cook for a minute until fragrant. Pour the Half and Half in streaming motion, whisking constantly to avoid any lumps formation. Add the seasonings and Parmesan cheese and whisk until the cheese melts. Take this off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 370°F. In a large mixing bowl, add the steamed Broccoli, cooked Chicken, cooked Pasta. Pour the Alfredo Sauce over it. Toss to combine. Transfer this to a casserole baking dish. Top with shredded Mozzarella Cheese and bake for 15 minutes. After it gets baked, Broil for 2 minutes to get the top golden.
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and serve