BBQ Shrimp Kabobs in the Grill is one of our favorite Summer Grilling Recipes. Its one of those Easy Grilled Seafood Recipes which people love. Also, I use my homemade BBQ Sauce to marinade the Shrimps and then Grill them just until cooked for 5-6 min and its done! Its a perfect BBQ Summer Dinner recipe.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs are easy to make and takes just 10 min to make. Also its Low Carb and Healthy! Also try these The best Shrimp Skewers (with Asian Glaze) or Grilled Shrimp Skewers.
- Shrimp Kabob Recipe
- Why you'll love these BBQ Shrimp Skewers
- The Best Shrimp Kabob Marinade
- What you need for Shrimp Kabobs
- How to make BBQ Shrimp Kabobs
- COOKING KABOBS WITHOUT A GRILL
- Flavor Variations to this recipe
- Can I make Shrimp Kabobs in the Air Fryer?
- How to store Leftover Kabobs?
- What to serve with Grilled Shrimp?
- TOP TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST SHRIMP KABOBS
- More Grilling Recipes for Summer Dinners
- Grilled BBQ Shrimp Kabobs
Shrimp Kabob Recipe
Shrimp Kabobs are marinated with BBQ Sauce and Grilled. You have the most amazing Summer dinner recipe ready in under 30 min from scratch.
The only thing that takes time in this recipe for BBQ Shrimp Kabob is to allow the Shrimp to soak the marinade.
You can customize these Shrimp Kabobs with any veggies of your choice. Use fresh seasonal veggies and allow them to soak the marinade.
Shrimps is one of those proteins which cooks the fastest. So if you're looking for a healthy dinner recipe, which makes quick, you cannot go wrong with Shrimp.
Be it a Green Shrimp Curry or a One Pot Shrimp Cauli Fried Rice or Shrimp Noodles or a hearty bowl of Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo!
And since Summers are all about Grilling. Grilled Shrimp Kabobs with Vegetables is like the perfect weeknight dinner.
Why you'll love these BBQ Shrimp Skewers
- Juicy grilled Shrimps
- Gets cooked in just 5-6 min
- Extremely flavorful with BBQ Sauce dressing on top
- Love the Charred Shrimps
- Quick and Easy
- Perfect Grilled Dinner for Summers.
The Best Shrimp Kabob Marinade
I just love this Shrimp Kabob Marinade. The BBQ Sauce along with, Smoked Paprika, Salt & Pepper is equally sweet and spicy!
What you need for Shrimp Kabobs
- Shrimps - peeled and de veined
- BBQ Sauce - to marinade the Shrimps
- Veggies - Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Red Onions (any veggies of your choice)
- Smoked Paprika - for spice
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper - to season
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make BBQ Shrimp Kabobs
Here's Step By Step Guide on Making the Best Shrimp Kabobs with BBQ Glaze!
Combine all spices & BBQ Sauce into a large bowl and mix thoroughly into Shrimps.
Cover and refrigerate for 10 min
Knead the Shrimps and Veggies into skewers.
Lightly brush the Grill grates with oil. Heat over Med-High heat.
Grill Kabobs for 5-6 min.
Baste with leftover marinade and grill both sides for additional 1-2 min to caramelize.
Once cooked, lightly garnish with chopped Cilantro and serve.
Do not soak the Shrimps in the marinade for longer than 10 min. This is because the BBQ Shrimp Kabob marinade uses Lemon Juice along with BBQ Sauce, Salt, Pepper and Cayenne.
Now, Lemon Juice is basically Citric Acid and Acid cooks Shrimps easily!
Shrimp is a very delicate meat which cooks exceptionally quickly so you need to be very careful with it.
Over soaking the Shrimps int he marinade will turn them a little mushy!
COOKING KABOBS WITHOUT A GRILL
Planning to cook out but its suddenly started raining? Or are you running out of Gas or Charcoal? Then don't worry! Here are two great ways to cook Shrimp Kabobs without a Grill.
- Stove top Grill- Use a Stove top Grill Pan as a Grill. However remember to keep the fans on because it gets pretty smoky.
- Broil in the oven - It takes just about15-20 min to Grill Shrimp Kabobs in the oven. Also its easy to clean and way less smoke! Baste with remaining BBQ Sauce and Broil until the edges of the veggies and shrimps caramelize.
Flavor Variations to this recipe
- Spicy - BBQ Sauce is generally a bit sweet. So If you like it spicy, add a bit of Cayenne in the Shrimp Kabob marinade to make it spicy!
- Other Meat - Besides Shrimp you can use this same recipe to make Grilled Chicken Kabobs or Grilled Steak Kabobs. Cubed Pork Tenderloin is also a great alternative.
- Veggies - Of course Peppers and Onions are an obvious choice. But you can add any veggies of your choice like Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Tomatoes, to English Cucumbers.
- Fruits - You can even add diced Pineapples or Mangoes to give these Shrimp Skewers a tropical taste!
You will love this Grilled Shrimp & Zucchini Skewers !!
Also if you love Hawaiian Kabobs which is sweet and salty with Pineapples, you must try this BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
Can I make Shrimp Kabobs in the Air Fryer?
Yes of course! Shrimp Skewers in air fryer is an easy and healthy way to cook Skewers, and also a great option when its raining outside and you are craving for grilled food, without the mess in the kitchen! The air fryer is your savior!!
You can easily knead the Shrimp and veggies in skewers and air fry @400F for 10 min.
Remember to base with leftover BBQ Sauce after 5 min and turn them using tongs for even cooking!
How to store Leftover Kabobs?
Leftover Kabobs can be easily stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week. Reheat in the microwave or airfryer before serving.
What to serve with Grilled Shrimp?
Kabobs makes for an excellent dinner in itself. You can serve Kabobs with a hearty high carb meal like cooked rice or Fried Rice or a low carb Quinoa or Cauliflower Rice. You can also serve BBQ Shrimp Kabobs with a quick salad like this Cucumber Red Onion Avocado Salad or Deli-style Creamy Classic Macaroni Salad or this Strawberry Romaine Salad
I also love to serve these Shrimp Kabobs with this Slow Cooker Baked Beans with Bacon & Maple
Looking to add a quick dessert to finish off dinner? Try one of these easy Summer No Bake desserts.
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- No-Bake Mini Blackberry Cheesecake
- Mango Mascarpone Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Summer No Bake Berry Lasagna Dessert
TOP TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST SHRIMP KABOBS
- Preheat the grill to 400F
- Soak the Skewers: Soak the Bamboo skewers in water before kneading the skewers. This will prevent them from getting burnt
- Shrimps: You can use fresh or frozen Shrimps. Inf act frozen Shrimps are better as they cook evenly and perfectly. You do not even have to thaw them. Just go straight from the Freezer to the Grill.
- Metal Skewers: You can use Metal Skewers as well. They are easily washable and can be reused.
- Give it some space: Do not squish Shrimps and veggies all together in the skewers. Keep some space between them, so that they grill evenly.
- Vegetables: Add vegetables of your choice like Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Tomatoes and even Cucumbers are a great choice.
- Fruits: You can use Diced Pineapples and Mangoes to make Tropical Shrimp Kabobs
More Grilling Recipes for Summer Dinners
- Best Flank Steak
- How to Grill Shellfish
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
- Greek Grilled Chicken
- BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
Grilled BBQ Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 pound Shrimp peeled and de veined
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice juice of about ½ a Lemon
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Combine Shrimp with BBQ Sauce, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper and Lemon Juice. Toss well until combined. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 min. Meanwhile soak the Bamboo Skewers in water
- Chop the Zucchini into dices, Red Onions and Bell Peppers into dices. Knead the Shrimps and Veggies into skewers. Alternate Veggies with Shrimps.
- Preheat the grill to 400F. Brush the Grill grates lightly with oil. Add the Skewers in the grill and cook for 5-6 min. Turn using tongs after 3-4 min. Brush with BBQ Sauce and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until the edges of the veggies and shrimps caramelize.
- Once cooked, remove from the Grill. Garnish with more lemon juice and freshly chopped Cilantro if desired and serve!
Looks great 👏👏
Really delicious shrimp skewers!!