The Best thing about this Cilantro Lime Sauce is its freshness. I want to re-name this as fresh cilantro lime sauce or fresh cilantro lime dressing.
Seriously, folks when I tasted this dressing I was so happy with myself that I literally wanted to pat on my own back. It was actually that good. You know how sometimes you go out to create something ordinary and you end up making something extraordinary. I guess something like this happened to me today.
I wanted to make a simple dressing. I had yogurt and some fresh cilantro with me. Actually today I had just got this fresh cilantro from the market. And its freshness and that refreshing smell were begging me to stay close to them. So, I was sure that today they are gonna go in my recipe. But, I wanted them to be a hero. I wanted them to be something more than just garnishing. Hence I thought, let's make a dressing out of it. And, guess what, it turned out really nice.
So, Let's Make this Fresh Cilantro Lime Sauce
My cilantro lime sauce won't ask for any fancy ingredients from you guys. It's a simple and easy sauce or dressing recipe with some fresh cilantro, some garlic cloves, fresh lime juice, and of course our dearest friend - salt & pepper.
All we have to do is mix all of these ingredients in a blender. And, that's it. Our dressing is ready. Wasn't that the easiest salad dressing that you've ever made. I bet it was. If you want you can modify this recipe in any fashion.
Other Variations of this Cilantro Lime Sauce
Some other variations of this recipe are as follows.
- Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise will bring a nice creamy texture in your dressing. It will make it smooth, creamy, and gorgeous. I avoided olive oil because I didn't want to add that extra fat in my dressing.
- Kale - Kale is a healthy option that you can consider adding in your sauce. Kale will bring a lot more greenery in your sauce. I didn't add Kale because it was not available with me at the moment.
- Olive Oil - Olive oil is a gorgeous addition to your sauce. I avoided olive oil because it would make my dressing unnecessarily thin and I didn't want that. Moreover, it's really common to add oil in the dressing. I wanted to stand out.
- Ginger - Ginger will add a lot more intense flavors in your dressing. It would create a more rooty, gingery vibe in your dressing.
- Tomatoes - Tomatoes will make it watery, thick, and little reddish. I think adding tomatoes is a really good option as it would create much moisture and freshness in your recipes.
- Green Chillies - Well, I think I should've added it too. Green Chillies will make the sauce spicier and create a beautiful green texture. So, I would always recommend you add green chilies. But this will make it really hot. So keep in mind that you need to add this but in moderation.
Connect with me!
Connect with me on my Facebook handles. Be sure to follow me so that you can see what Recipe Magik is up to every day. Also, feel free to ask me any questions, share and comment on my posts there 🙂
Also, connect with me on Instagram and tag with #recipemagik if you are making any recipe from this website so that I can have a look at those amazing recipes you are making from my website 🙂
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing jar and grind to a smooth paste. Add water if required.
Ask Me Anything