Eggless Coconut Lime Tart is your ideal summer dessert which you can enjoy at any time of the day. It's zesty, refreshing, not too sweet, not too sour, and also looks so pretty! Summers ending guys so enjoy these pretty looking desserts as much as you can. The crust is a basic Graham Cracker crust which is mixed with melted salted butter, honey, and desiccated coconuts for that extra crunch in every bite. The filling is the best part. It's tangy, zesty and so delicious! Finally, it's finished off with whipping cream and Key Lime wedges topping and simple honey drizzle!
Jewel Green Meadows with Wild Flowers hoarding the surface, the fragrance of the fresh bloom, and the lazy summer breeze. This was the inspiration for making this dish. And check it out, how awesome it turned out! I think this is the cutest Tart I have ever seen and is almost too cute to be eaten 🙂
Eggless Coconut Lime Tart
Lime desserts remind me of my last Tropical holiday. I just love tropical destinations. And the inspiration for this recipe came from there. Citrusy freshness mixed with Coconut Crunch and a sweet and sour creamy filling which is just so relaxing and rejuvenating!
I seriously think they are better than any other dessert. While you might think that Lime is just for topping your Salads and Tacos, think again! These zesty Lime desserts are not just delicious, they are so flavorful that you'll love them.
Making this Lime Coconut Tart is really so easy! It's almost like a No-Bake Tart. However, you will just need to bake the crust. Traditionally, Tarts or Pies are made with a Yogurt and Eggs filling. However, I have swapped the Eggs and Yogurt with whipping cream here. Whipping Cream is the best replacement for Eggless Tart. Whipping cream sets in about 1/2 hour and tastes yum!
The Coconut Crust
The Coconut Graham Cracker Crust is the best thing about this Lime Coconut Tart. Whenever I am baking a Citrus Tart, I keep the Crumb Layer thick. This gives a nice nutty flavor to your Tart and adds to the deliciousness of this dessert.
To make the Crust, I just combined Golden Graham Crackers with Honey, Desiccated Coconuts, and Melted Salted Butter. I like to use Salted Butter to make a Tart crust because it brings out the citrus flavors even better. The desiccated Coconuts just adds to the delicious toasty and crunchy flavors to this dish.
Creamy, zesty and so refreshing! This Lime Filling is the best thing about this Coconut Lime Dessert. I just love the Lime filling. It's sweet, simple and so delicious.
I have used Whipping Cream, Honey, Key Lime Juice, and Lime Zest to make the filling. It's just so so so easy. You just put everything in a Pan or a wok and then keep stirring until everything combines.
It'll curdle in the beginning and that's normal, but keep stirring over low flame for about 3-4 minutes and everything will eventually come together into a thick batter. You do not need eggs or sugar to make this filling.
Also, I have added some Green and Yellow Gel Food Color just to add to the prettiness of this dessert. Since I use Gel Food Color, I just use a drop of these colors and it turns out so great!
The topping is so delicious and pretty looking. It'll remind you of a perfect tropical destination! Bright Green, Yellow, and White resembling Sea Shells! The Yellows are like the Summer flowers in a Malachite Green Meadow calling out to kids and Birds to come and play over there!
I made a batch of whipped cream frosting infused with some coconut Milk. And once I got stiff peaks, I divided it into two batches. One white and the other yellow and once ready I just went on decorating. Also, the lime slices around are just the perfect reminder of a Lime Coconut Dessert which looks so fulfilling and satisfying right. You make this on a hot summer day and people will love everything about it! Also, I did a little honey drizzled on top just for that extra added sweetness to my Tart.
So, that's all about this delicious Eggless Coconut Lime Tart. If you happen to make this recipe tag me on Instagram with #recipemagik and a photo of your recipe. Also, if you like this recipe please provide a rating and comment on this recipe.
Eggless Coconut Lime Tart
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 Cup Melted Salted Butter
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- ¼ Cup Desiccated Coconuts
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Key Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 5-6 small Lime slices
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Preheat the oven to 390F or 200C and grease a 9 inch Tart Pan with butter
Making the Coconut Crust
- Make crumbs of the Graham Cracker and mix it with the rest of the ingredients - Melted Salted Butter, Honey, and Desiccated Coconut until it all combines well and gets wet sand-like texture.
- Pour this mixture into a greased Tart Pan and even it out. Use your fingers to stick it to the edges and flatten out the center.
- Blind Bake your Tart crust for 15 minutes at 390F or 200C. Once it's baked, get it out carefully and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
Making the Lime Filling
- Meanwhile, in a Pan pour the Heavy Whipping Cream along with Lime Zest, Lime Juice, and Honey. Mix everything well using a balloon whisk or a spatula.Add the green and yellow food color and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed well, cool it down and once it's cooled to room temperature, pour it into your cooled tart shell.
- Pop the tart in the freezer for like an hour or two or until the center sets completely.
- Decorate with Lime Wedges.
- Whip heavy cream with some Coconut Milk and divide it into two parts. Add yellow food color to one batch and take both in a piping bag. Go around doing the frosting on your Tart. You can really do any design and shapes.Take a teaspoon of honey and drizzle on top for that final touch of sweetness.Enjoy!
- The shell can be made in advance and stored.
- This Tart can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 days.