Summer Season means drinking up healthy smoothies that keep you cool all day long. One such smoothie that you can try is this Cucumber Apple Mint Smoothie.
Easiest smoothie ever! It's just blending some fresh cucumber, Apples, fresh mint leaves, fresh lime juice, some flax seeds, fennel seeds, and some honey.
Also Read: Healthy Lemon Turmeric Honey Smoothie
Let’s talk taste:
The minty freshness merges with the nutty texture of flax seeds and makes this smoothie so much better. Moreover, the fennel adds an extra layer of freshness in this smoothie. And, I guess I don’t have to tell you about the combination of fresh cucumber and apples.
A Quick Look at the video
Why should you bother to make this smoothie in the first place?
I think you should make this smoothie because of three major reasons.
- It has got tons of nutrition that would provide a great start to your day.
- It is has got the flavors. I am a firm believer in taste. If something tastes bland then there is no point in making it. But, unlike those healthy but bland smoothies, this tastes exceptionally good. And you’ll know once you make it.
- Last but not least this is incredibly healthy. After all who wants a big dose of carbs in the morning? I bet no one.
Do flax seeds go well?
Of course, it does. Like you, I was a little skeptical about using flaxseed in the first place. However, I had a gut feeling that flaxseed would give this a nutty texture and would significantly improve the taste and texture of this smoothie. Turns out I was damn right! Not only did flax seed brought a nutty texture but it also elevated the level of this smoothie from dull and boring to something much moreish.
Why is the Purpose of fennel seeds when we are already using flax seeds?
I think flaxseed has a different purpose. Flax seed’s role is to bring in a nuttiness in our smoothie. Whereas the role of fennel seeds is to bring in an added level of freshness in our smoothie. Further, I also believe that fennel seeds along with mint leaves contributed to the rich green color of the smoothie.
Can I replace Honey with Maple Syrup?
Yes, of course, I would highly suggest that you use Maple Syrup in place of Honey. This is because Maple syrup is having less fructose and fewer carbs so it is a significantly better choice.
Other variations of this recipe
- Replace apples with watermelons. I would seriously want to give this a try. I think that watermelon would be an excellent summer fruit that would make a gorgeous pair with cucumber.
- You could replace cucumber with bananas. But, I would suggest you to not add any mint leaves along with that. Bananas and Apples are a fabulous combination.
Cucumber Apple Mint Smoothie with Fennel Seeds and Flax Seeds
- ½ Cup Cucumber about 1 medium sized English Cucumber, diced
- ½ Cup Apples about 2 medium sized Apples
- ½ Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 tablespoon Honey or Maple Syrup or Monk Fruit Sweetener or any Sweetener you use
- 2-3 tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 2-3 tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Black Salt or as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- Enjoy with fresh mint added on top.
- You can also add some Avocadoes. It would bring in a nice greenish hue and make it healthier.
Ask Me Anything