Easy Shrimp Stuffed Avocados recipe is a quick and easy dinner family which the whole family can enjoy together. Also its Low Carb and Healthy and gets ready in just 20 min. Creamy Shrimp Salad stuffed inside Avocados is so easy to make and super yummy. Its just like Shrimp Ceviche but a lot more creamy and delicious!
Whats in Shrimp Stuffed Avocados?
Bay Shrimps tossed in a creamy dressing made with Sour Cream, Dijon Mustard along with Celery, Red Onions and Tomatoes is stuffed inside Avocados... Its so easy to make and is full of flavors.
Healthy Stuffed Avocado Recipe
I always wanted to make Stuffed Avocados. It gets ready in just 15-20 min, is naturally gluten free, and is so full of flavors! Also Stuffed Avocados looks so pretty!!! I love it when my food looks pretty and is tasty.
- Hass Avocados
- Creamy Shrimp Salad
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
Cook Shrimp in a skillet. Combine with rest of the ingredients to make creamy shrimp salad.
Pit and scoop the Avocados. Add the filling inside it.
Top with dill leaves
Refrigerate until you serve!
I love to serve these Shrimp Stuffed Avocados cold. Refrigerating this for at least 2 hours before serving makes it even more delicious!
What kind of Shrimps should I use?
Ideally I would prefer to use Bay Shrimps. These are small in size and fits in perfectly into Avocado pits. Make sure the Shrimps you are using are peeled and de-veined before use.
- Spicy - if you like it spicy, just add some hot sauce. It adds a nice bit of spice to this dish.
- Seafood - Besides Shrimps, you can use shredded Tuna or Salmon if you love seafood stuffed Avocados.
Top Tips to make the Best Stuffed Avocados
- Use Bay Shrimps as they are easy to stuff
- You can make the Shrimp Salad ahead of time
- Use (jumbo) Hass Avocados as they can include a lot of filling
- Gets ready in 20 min and can be served as a perfect side or appetizer.
More Easy Shrimp Dinner Recipes
- Shrimp Tostadas with Avocado Salsa
- Grilled BBQ Shrimp Kabobs
- Garlic Lime Shrimp (just 3 ingredients)
- The best Shrimp Skewers (with Asian Glaze)
- (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
Creamy Shrimp Stuffed Avocado
- 2 large Avocados halved and pitted
- 1 lbs Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 small Red Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Celery Stalks finely chopped
- 1 small Tomato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil. As the water boils add the Shrimps. Cook for 3-4 min or until they turn pink. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Combine the dressing in a mixing bowl. Whisk until combined through. Combine all the salad ingredients - Shrimps, Tomato, Celery and Red Onions. Pour the dressing over it and toss to combine.
- Remove the pit from the halved Avocados. Spoon the Shrimp salad in it. Garnish with dill leaves and serve.