Easy, Creamy and Comforting Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a simple and easy restaurant quality dish which is made easily at home. In fact this Creamy Chicken Alfredo gets ready in just 30 minutes from scratch. Bursting with flavors of Freshly Grated Parmesan and Heavy Cream, this is one of the best Pasta recipes for Dinner.
Creamy and Comforting Fettuccine Alfredo is my favorite dish. I love to make this for a fancy dinner at home or during weekends for my Kids.
We love Fettuccine Alfredo in our home. Have you tried my
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo with Cashews & Cauliflower (Gluten-Free)
- Mushroom Fettuccine
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Salmon Pasta in Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Cream Cheese
- Vegan White Bean Alfredo
The Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Ever!
My Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is so loved and appreciated by everyone. It takes just like Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo or the Cheesecake Factory one!
We love all kinds and varieties of Alfredo. Be it a Vegan Alfredo made with Cashews or Cauliflower or White Beans or a Creamy Traditional Alfredo made with Heavy Cream, Butter and Parmesan.
It's one of those super comforting and satisfying recipes for dinner which I love to cook for my family.
Especially on a weekend, when I am in mood for cooking something special, I head to the box of Fettuccine to make a creamy potful of Fettuccine Alfredo for everyone. Also try my Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce.
👩🍳 The Alfredo Expert
Be it using Chicken or Shrimp or Salmon, I love to make Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo. And over the years of making this recipe for countless times on almost every weekends and for my friends and family, I can proudly say that Yes! I am an Alfredo Expert!
Everytime, I make Fettuccine Alfredo, and share it with my friends, relatives, family and neighbours it's one of the most popular dishes. I take it for my Friends Birthday Party and its over within minutes.
Many times, it has happened that, I actually have to make a Fettuccine Alfredo again and that too in my friend's house, just because the crowd wants more and I cannot say no to them 😋 From my Husbands friends to my Friends to my Kids Moms to my Neighbours, everybody now calls be an Alfredo expert. I am really glad that they love this recipe so much.
So, I just had to share this recipe with y'all. It's one of those recipes which I make so often that I do not even have to think about it. I just hit and kitchen and within minutes it's done!!
I know it's easy but over the years I have perfected my recipe. The right consistency of the sauce, the exact measurement of cream and cheese and of course that magical ingredient which makes all the difference.
My Fettuccine Alfredo is surely something you will love! And I am talking from my experience of years of cooking and sharing this recipe with so many!
- The Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Ever!
- 👩🍳 The Alfredo Expert
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 Instructions on Making The Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 📝 Substitutions
- 🧊 Storage
- 💯 Top tips to make the Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- What to serve with Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
- What is the difference between Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Fettuccine?
- What is the difference between White Sauce and Alfredo Sauce?
- Why is it called Fettuccine Alfredo?
- Can I use other Kind of Pasta?
- Why use Cream Cheese in Fettuccine Alfredo?
- Gimme some more Pasta recipes
- Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Pasta - Generally Fettuccine is used. However, you can use any pasta you like or have at home.
- Unsalted Butter - Butter is the most essential ingredient. Make sure you use Unsalted Butter
- Heavy Cream - Heavy Cream gives a creamy taste to the alfredo sauce
- Parmesan Cheese - Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cream Cheese - Yes! Thats what does the magic here
- Chicken - I use boneless, skinless Chicken here
- Parsley - for garnish
- Salt & Pepper - For Seasoning
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the Video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 Instructions on Making The Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
STEP 1: COOK THE PASTA
- Bring a Pot of Salted Water to boil. Add the Pasta and cook until al dente for 6 minutes
- After the Pasta gets cooked, drain the water and keep the Pasta aside.
STEP 2: COOK THE CHICKEN
- Cut the Chicken lengthwise into thin cutlets
- Season the Chicken with salt and pepper
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet
- Add the Chicken Breasts to the Skillet (skin side down) and cook for 5 minutes (per side)
- Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temp of 165F. Once the Chicken gets cooked, remove from the skillet
STEP 3: MAKE ALFREDO SAUCE
- In the same skillet, add a stick of butter.
- As the butter melts, add the Cream Cheese. Stir until the Cream Cheese melts in the butter
- Pour Heavy Cream, Chicken Broth, Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, Salt and Pepper to the simmering sauce
- Stir until combined. Bring it to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens
STEP 4: ADD THE PASTA
- Add the Cooked Pasta to the Alfredo sauce and stir until combined
- Chop the Chicken using a serrated knife
- As the sauce thickens and gets creamy add the Chicken to the skillet and toss until combined
STEP 5: GARNISH & SERVE
- Garnish with freshly chopped Parsley and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Serve immediately.
- You could use Shredded Rotisserie Chicken or Cooked Chicken. It will make it so much easier.
- You can coat the Chicken with Garlic powder and Flour for more flavors and even crispier Chicken
- You can add Ricotta Cheese instead of Cream Cheese. It makes this Chicken Fettuccine even creamier and cheesy.
You can easily store Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. However, do not freeze this as this does not freeze well.
Remember to cool the pasta down completely, before you transfer it to an air-tight container and store it.
💯 Top tips to make the Best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- If your Alfredo Sauce isn't thick, just cook it for some more time. Cooking the ALfredo sauce with the Pasta will eventually thicken it. You can also add some reserved Pasta water to thicken the Alfredo Sauce.
- You can add Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes and Oregano to this Alfredo Sauce
- I do not recommend you to replace Heavy Cream with Milk as Alfredo sauce will curdle if using milk.
- Cook the Chicken through and then cut it into slices. Make sure that the Chicken is cooked by using an instant read thermometer. If it reads 165F, then your Chicken is cooked. If not cook it for a little longer.
- I would not recommend you to use pre shredded Parmesan Cheese. Use freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as it will melt into the sauce evenly.
- Remember to use Cream Cheese which is kept at room temperature.
What to serve with Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo?
This creamy and dreamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo makes for a perfect meal in itself. You can serve this with some delicious sides like
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Deli-style Creamy Classic Macaroni Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Dill and Sour cream
- Onion Cucumber Tomato Corn Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing - Dairy Free, Gluten-Free Salad
- Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette dressing
- Delicious and Refreshing Moroccan Beet Salad Recipe
- Asian Cucumber Red Onion Salad with Garlic Vinegar Dressing
- Feel-Good Apple Orange Salad With Walnuts and Mint Leaves
What is the difference between Chicken Alfredo and Chicken Fettuccine?
Chicken Alfredo is Chicken cooked in a Creamy Alfredo Sauce. While Chicken Fettuccine is Chicken cooked with Fettuccine Pasta in a creamy Alfredo Sauce.
What is the difference between White Sauce and Alfredo Sauce?
White Sauce or Bechamel Sauce is a French Sauce made which is thickened using a roux made out of flour and butter. Whereas Alfredo Sauce is an Italian sauce which is thickened using Heavy Cream and Parmesan Cheese.
Why is it called Fettuccine Alfredo?
When Pasta cookies with cream, cheese and butter it emulsifies the sauce making it thick and creamy. This is your typical Alfredo sauce. This dish first featured in Rome and has been popular ever since. Learn more here.
Can I use other Kind of Pasta?
Yes. ofcourse. Fettuccine is the most commonly used Pasta in Alfredo Sauce. This is because it holds the sauce the best and is most commonly used in traditional Alfredo recipes. However, you can use other Pasta like Penne or Fusilli or Elbow or Angel Hair or Linguine in this recipe.
Why use Cream Cheese in Fettuccine Alfredo?
I like to use Cream Cheese to make the Alfredo Sauce. It makes it smooth and creamy and also gives a slight tasty taste which tastes so good. You can skip it if you want or replace with Ricotta Cheese.
Gimme some more Pasta recipes
- Tomato Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Parm Pasta
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta
- Salmon Pasta in Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Easy White Sauce Penne Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
- Creamy Lemon Pasta
Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12 oz Fettuccine Uncooked
- 1 lbs Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- ½ teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter 8 tbsp
- 1 cup Cream Cheese about 4 oz (half brick)
- 5-6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon Freshly chopped Parsley
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth low sodium
- Bring a Pot of salted Water to boil. Add the Fettuccine Pasta and cook over medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Once the Pasta gets cooked, drain the water and keep the Pasta aside
- Cut Chicken Breasts lengthwise into thin cutlets. Season Chicken Breasts with Salt and Pepper. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, Add the Chicken Breasts (skin side down) and cook for 5 minutes (each side) or until the Chicken gets cooked through. To check the doneness of the Chicken, use an Instant read Thermometer. If the Chicken temperature reads to over 165F, the Chicken is cooked. Remove from the Skillet and keep aside.
- In the same pan, melt a stick of butter. As the Butter melts, add the Cream Cheese and allow the Cream Cheese to melt over medium-high heat stirring frequently. Next, pour the Chicken Broth and Heavy Cream. Also, add the Salt, Pepper and Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Stir until combined and bring the mixture to a boil. As the moisture boils, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes so as to thicken the alfredo sauce.
- Add the Pasta and toss to combine. As you add the pasta and toss to combine, you'll notice the sauce will thicken automatically from the starch of the Pasta.
- Chop the Chicken and add to the Pasta. Garnish the Pasta with freshly chopped Parsley and freshly grated Parmesan Cheese. Serve immediately.
- I would not recommend you to replace Heavy Cream with Milk or any thing else. Alfredo sauce is known to curdle easily when you use milk or any other low fat options.
- Also, use freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and not the pre shredded one. It will make the sauce even creamier
- For even crispier chicken, coat the Chicken with Garlic Powder and Flour along with Salt and Pepper and then cook until crispy on the outside and juicy on the outside
- If your Alfredo Sauce is thin, just cook it for some more time and it will thicken
- You can also add reserved pasta water to thicken the sauce.