Beet Fritters are healthy and delicious Vegan Fritters. These taste nothing like Beets. In fact, these are super delicious. Sweet and Salty Beetroot Fritters are a perfect snack or breakfast recipe. They pair beautifully with Vegan Ranch or Sour Cream. You'll love the crispy crust on the outside of these delicious Beetroot Fritters.
These Beetroot Fritters are made with just a few simple pantry staple ingredients. Its got a nice crunch and bite to it which you'll love.
I know, we aren't a fan of Beetroot either. But who know that if you could make fritters out of it they would taste so yum! And with my #Veganuary Challenge on, its the best time to make these. Healthy Vegan food which is so great for the present times.
Also, I have shredded the Beetroot in the food processor which is such a time savour. And then its just tossing it with a bunch of ingredients, shaping them into fritters and frying.
If you love Fritters you'll love these
- Soft and Fluffy Apple Fritters with Almond Milk
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cauliflower Fritters with Lemon Tabasco Aioli
- Low Carb Keto Zucchini Fritters without Flour
- Vegan Carrot and Potato Fritters
- Easy Cheesy Corn Fritters
Low Carb Beetroot Fritters
These Beet Fritters are low carb. Also, these are packed with the nutrient benefits of Beetroots which is so great. I think this is a perfect way to include Beetroot in out diet. Otherwise, we generally always tend to avoid this veggie but Beetroot is sooo healthy!
Also, I have used Cornmeal to bind everything together. Cornmeal is such a healthy flour filled with fibre which is so amazing. Also, Cornmeal is naturally gluten free.
- Beetroot - Peeled. Heat and tip chopped off
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Beet Fritters (Step by Step Guide)
STEP 1: SHRED THE BEETS
- Add the peeled Beetroots in the food processor and pulse for 1 minute or until shredded.
- Get the shredded Beetroot out of the food processor and transfer in a large mixing bowl.
STEP 2: MAKE THE PATTIES
- Combine the shredded Beet with Flaxmeal, Cornmeal, Salt and Pepper and Garlic Powder. Mixing using a spoon until combined.
- Take a small ball (about 1/4 cup of the mixture) roll into a ball. Now, flatten it between your palms and shape it into flat Patties. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
STEP 3: FRY THE FRITTERS
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the fritters, only 4 at a time and fry them over medium high heat. (3 minute per side)
- After one side gets golden brown, gently flip with a metal spatula and a spoon.
- Cook the other side as well for 2-3 minutes.
STEP 4: SERVE
- Serve with Vegan Ranch or any sauce of your choice.
I love to serve this with my Vegan Ranch Sauce. I just love ranch and since the day I discovered Vegan Ranch, I always find myself reaching for the bottle every often with every fritters or for every salad dressing.
However, feel free to make any sauce if your own. Like I really love this Lemon Tabasco Aioli or my Homemade Hot Sauce or my Keto Ketchup or Avocado Crema or this favourite Peanut Sauce. These pair beautifully with these Beet Fritters.
These Beetroot Fritters are a perfect snack or side dish. You can serve these with Mac and Cheese or Beetroot Salad or Herby Quinoa with Mushrooms or Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo or Instant Pot Black Bean Quinoa Burrito Bowl with Tofu or Vegan Crispy Tofu with Toasted Cashews and Blistered Peas or my Vegan Creamy Lemon Pasta
More Healthy Vegan Snack Recipes
- Bbq Cauliflower Wings
- Pesto Mushroom Potstickers
- Air Fryer Crispy Potatoes
- Taco Potato Wedges with Avocado Mayo
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
- 4 medium sized Beetroots (peeled, top and tip removed)
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- ¼ cup Cornmeal
- 3 tablespoon Flaxmeal Ground Flaxseeds + 3 tablespoon water
- Peel and chop the head and tip of the Beetroot. Wash and clean them using a kitchen towel. Throw the peeled Beets in a food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes or until shredded. OR, Use a box grater to grate the Beet. Transfer the shredded Beet in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the shredded Beet with chopped Onions, Cornmeal, Flaxmeal, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper. Mix until combined.
- Take a small portion of the mixture (about 1/4 cup at a time) and roll into a ball. Now, flatten it between your palms and shape them into thin and flat patties.
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the Patties, only 4 at a time and fry them until golden brown. Fry each side for about 3 minutes and then gently flip using a spoon and a metal spatula to fry the other side as well. Once both the sides are golden brown, remove from the skillet and keep is a plate.
- Serve with any dip of your choice.