Learn how to make Banana Fritter - Soft, Sweet, and Crispy Banana Fritters spiced with Cinnamon is a quick and easy snack recipe. This Banana Fritter Recipe is easy, quick and so delicious.
- 🇮🇳 Indian Banana Fritters
- 👩🍳 How to make Crispy Banana Fritter
- STEP 1: Making the Crispy Banana Fritters Batter
- STEP 2: Sieve the Flour and Baking Soda
- STEP 3: Deep fry Banana Fritters
- STEP 4: Serve
- 💯 Tips to make the best Banana Fritter (Indian Gulgula)
- 🍌 Other Banana Recipes You will love
- Banana Fritters - Indian Gulgula Recipe
🇮🇳 Indian Banana Fritters
Hey friends. With the Summers in full swing, it's the best time to make awesome Banana Recipes. You know how obsessed I am with Bananas and this Summer morning, I woke up, and almost instantaneously while sipping my coffee with some Banana Chips, I was taken back to my Kerala Days.
Kerala is a small State at the tip of India. This coastal state is all about sheer natural beauty and delicious South Indian recipes. If you haven't been to Kerala you truly have missed Paradise on Earth. Words fall short to describe the beauty of Kerala. From Mountainous Munnar to Beachy Cochin, this Indian state has it all. Its the epitome of beauty, the land of
In Kerala, Coconut and Bananas grow in plenty, and hence the majority of the recipes used Bananas. This Indian Banana Fritter or "Gulgula", is a commonly made Snack that is served during evening snacks along with Tea or Coffee. Of course, people love to enjoy it any time of the day but this tastes extra good with Indian spiced Chai!
👩🍳 How to make Crispy Banana Fritter
Indian Banana Fritter is one of the most loved snack recipes. It's sweet and it's so crispy. The main reason behind the crispiness of these Banana Fritters is the use of Wholewheat flour. Wholewheat flour or Maida accounts for crispy Banana fritters.
Also, these Banana Fritters, puff up like a dream when you pour them in hot oil for frying, This is because of the baking soda, which makes these fritters, extra soft and fluffy! It tastes soooo good 🙂 😋
Below is a brief description of how to make a Banana Fritter. You can find the full recipe card with guided instructions below. Also, make sure you watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: Making the Crispy Banana Fritters Batter
- In a bowl, take two ripe Bananas
- Mash the Bananas using two forks
- Add Brown Sugar or Jaggery Powder
- Add Ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Fennel Seeds, and Cracked Black Pepper
- Toss to combine everything.
STEP 2: Sieve the Flour and Baking Soda
- Sieve the Flour and Baking Soda into the wet mixture
- Toss to combine everything
- DO NOT OVERMIX. Just mix until combined.
STEP 3: Deep fry Banana Fritters
- Heat Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil in a wok.
- As the oil shimmers, use a tablespoon or an Ice cream scooper to scoop out a small portion of the batter
- Place it carefully in the hot oil
- Deep fry the Banana Fritters until golden brown on all sides
STEP 4: Serve
- Just serve these Banana fritters immediately.
- These should be served hot
- You can dust some Granulated Sugar on top for extra sweetness.
💯 Tips to make the best Banana Fritter (Indian Gulgula)
- Always use Ripe Bananas - These Banana Fritters are supposed to be sweet. So even if you have an overripe banana sitting on your countertop, use it. It will make these fritters extra sweet and delicious.
- Add Desiccated Coconut - A commonly used ingredient in these Banana fritters, especially in Kerala is some Desiccated Coconut. If you want, you can use that as well. Just add it in the Banana fritter batter.
- Fry them in hot oil - Make sure that before you pour the fritters in oil, the oil should be piping hot. Don't add in old oil.
- Add a little amount of batter - Add only a little amount of the batter for frying. A lot of batter makes really big-sized fritters. Since the fritter batter has Baking soda in it, these puff up in size in hot oil. So, using a small amount of the batter will make sure you have small and cute Banan fritters.
- Fry on high heat - Deep fry the Banana Fritters in hot oil. The hot oil will cook through the fritter. Also, fry until it gets evenly golden brown on all sides.
🍌 Other Banana Recipes You will love
Tasty Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins ( Double Chocolate)
Banana Fritters - Indian Gulgula Recipe
- 2 medium sized Bananas
- 1 cup Jaggery or Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon (Dalchini Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (Jaiphal Kisi Hui)
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds (Sauf)
- 1 tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper (Kuti hui Kali Mirch)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Flour (Maida)
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add Jaggery (or sugar), Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Cracked Black Pepper, and Fennel Seeds in it. Stir until combined.
- Sieve Baking Soda and Flour in the bowl. Stir until combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat oil in a deep wok. As the oil shimmers, pick up the Banana fritter batter using a tablespoon or an ice cream scooper. Scoop out a small portion of the batter and place them in hot oil. Do not crowd the wok. Fry at least 4-5 Banana fritters at once. Fry on high heat until golden brown on all sides
- Serve these Banana Fritters hot.
Ask Me Anything