Cute, classy and so cheesy! These Baked Mini Parmesan Hash Brown Cups are a simple hash brown recipe. Made with Potatoes, Cheddar Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, and Mozzarella Cheese with a dash of spices and garlic, you simply cannot resist these baked hash brown cups.
Hash Brown Cups are perfect spring recipes. Also, these Hash Brown Cups are my favorite recipes for Easter brunch. They look so cute and can be easily customized as well. You can top these with eggs or veggies you love.
Since it's the first day of Spring today, I thought of sharing my favorite Easter recipe with y'all. I love spring recipes. It gives you the opportunity to make something that could be perfect for the spirit of Spring and Easter. Which is when I thought of making these Hash Brown Cups. They look so cute that they didn't even last 10 minutes when I first baked them. They were so yum!
I love to make Hash Brown Cups. It's so easy to make and the end result is so cute and so cheesy, that you will forget all your hard work. You can use a food processor to cut up your Potatoes into thin juliennes.
However, I just cut them up using my knife. It's really easy actually. All you have to do is cut out the Potatoes in half. And then cut thin circles of it. After your circles are ready, take one at a time and make your juliennes.
It's really easy and not at all time-consuming. I think there is something so relaxing about preparing your food slowly and do it step by step without rushing into anything. It just makes your recipe feel so great.
How to Make Baked Mini Parmesan Hash Brown Cups from Scratch?
- To make Baked Parmesan Hash Brown Cups, start with chopping your Potatoes into juliennes.
- After your Potatoes are chopped put them into ice-cold water and take them out instantly. This step will help get out the stickiness of the potatoes.
- As you get your potatoes out, place them on parchment paper. You need to dry out your potatoes completely before you can use them for making your hash browns. You can pat dry them using a clean kitchen towel. I just left them open for 10 minutes and they were absolutely dry. You will have to use parchment paper to compress the potatoes to remove any moisture from them. If you have moisture, it'll release while the hash browns will start to get crisp in the hot oven and the moisture will reduce the temperature of the potatoes and hence slowing the process. So, do dry out your potatoes completely.
- Next mix your potatoes with some minced pepper and garlic. This is absolutely optional. If you feel that garlic and chilies will make your hash brown cups spicy, you can go ahead and skip it. However, I thought that they were giving a nice freshness and kick to the cups.
- Next, take your Muffin tin and grease it properly. Then, start filling it with potatoes so as to make a basket.
- Always start with one-sided motion and then go on in criss-cross motion.
- Placing your potato juliennes criss-cross in the bottom and also along the sides will make your hash browns strong, easy to get out, and also will look so great.
- After you have made your Potato bowl, fill it with cheddar cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, and top with loads of Parmesan cheese.
- Now top the cup with some more Potato Juillines and finally add some panko breadcrumbs from the top.
- Bake these at 420 F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes allow them to stay in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Also once you get them out, do not be in a hurry to de-mold your hash brown cups. Wait for at least an hour before you de-mold your Hash brown cups.
Baking these Hash Brown cups will remind you of your childhood crafting days. Making the potato cups is just so fun and exciting. It always gets me nostalgic bout childhood. And finally, it's spring! So, let's welcome the warmer days ahead with some more nostalgic and amazing recipes.
Easter Appetizer Recipes that are Perfect for your Easter Menu
Baked Mini Parmesan Hash Brown Cups
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Green Chilis Minced
- 6 Tablespoon Butter softened
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- ⅔ Cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
- ¼ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Pre heat your oven to 420 F
- First cut the Potatoes into juliennes or grate them using a food processor
- Wash and complelty dry the potatoes
- Chop some minced garlic and green chilis
- Next line the muffin tin with butter
- Start making Potato cups. Follow a criss-cross motion to resemble a basket
- Fill it in with all the cheese and minced garlic and chilis.
- Top with some more potato juliennes and some panko breadcrumbs
- Place them in the oven for baking for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, switch off your oven but allow the hash brown cups to stay in the hot oven for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes get them out and allow them to cool down for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, run a sharp knife through the edges and slowly try to reach the bottom of the cup from one side. Use a spoon to scoop out your hash brown cups
- Decorate it with some tomato sauce and chopped cilantro or any sauce your love.
Let’s be friends. Follow me in Pinterest & Facebook to stay in the Loop.
So GOOD! Just Blown away by the taste. It was lip-smackingly delicious. I would make again and again and again.