Sheet Pan Baked Apple Chicken with Sweet Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts, and Green Beans is a one pot easy chicken dinner recipe. A perfect fall Chicken recipe which is so healthy, low carb and keto friendly! It makes for a great Sunday Chicken dinner recipe.
Also try this Apple Butternut Squash Chicken in Crockpot
Looking for a quick Chicken for a crowd recipe which is perfect for Fall? You should definitely make this quick and easy Chicken dinner recipe for the family or crowd. Its our favorite recipe for Sunday Chicken dinner!
Full of fall flavors!
So hearty and comforting!
- Easy Autumn Chicken Dinner for the Family - One Pot
- 30-Min Chicken Meal
- Ingredients for Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- How to make Sheet Pan Baked Apple Chicken
- What kind of Sheet pan should you use?
- Variations of Apple Chicken Recipe
- Can I store leftovers?
- Make ahead Chicken recipe for a crowd
- More Sheet Pan Dinners
- Top tips to make the Best Baked Apple Chicken in Sheet Pan
- Sheet Pan Harvest Baked Apple Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
Easy Autumn Chicken Dinner for the Family - One Pot
Loaded with fall veggies like Green Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes and juicy red Pink Lady Apples, this one is our family favorite Chicken dinner recipe, especially for Autumn season!
Now, you might feel that a lot is going on in this Baked Apple Chicken recipe but actually its super easy. Its just a simple roasted chicken recipe with Apples and seasonal Fall veggies all baked together in a Sheet Pan!
30-Min Chicken Meal
Fall season is here and its time for quick weeknight dinners because school nights are on! I love this easy Harvest Chicken Sheet pan Dinner because its great way to use up fresh Fall produce.
Also its such an excellent way to get the kids eat some fresh seasonal veggies!
Ingredients for Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Breasts - you can replace Chicken Breasts with Chicken Thighs
- Brussels Sprouts - you can use fresh Brussels Spouts or replace with Cabbage
- Green Beans - fresh Green Beans or Asparagus makes for a great addition
- Onions - I use yellow Onions which adds a nice crunch
- Sweet Potatoes - makes for a hearty sheet pan meal
- Pink Lady Apples - juicy and tarty Apples are perfect for this Baked Apple Chicken recipe
- Ground Cinnamon - for that perfect fall flavor
- Salt and Pepper - to season
- Butter - to cook the apples
- Maple Syrup - to sweeten this dish
FOR THE SAUCE
- Apple Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Yellow Mustard
- Chicken Broth
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Rosemary sprigs
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Sheet Pan Baked Apple Chicken
Heat Butter in a cast iron skillet. As the butter melts pour Maple Syrup in it. Now add the apples and cook for 2 min.
Next add the chopped veggies. Season with Salt, Pepper and Ground Cinnamon. Cook for 3-4 min. Set aside
In the same pan, add some more oil. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 min or until brownish in color. Set aside
Combine all the sauce ingredients to make the sauce. Transfer everything to the baking dish. Pour the sauce on top and bake @400F for 10 min. Garnish with fresh Rosemary springs and serve!
What kind of Sheet pan should you use?
I would prefer to use a large 21x12 sized Sheet Pan as its big enough to hold a lot of veggies and chicken. Prefer not to use smaller Sheet pan as it won't be enough for the family and crowding a small Sheet Pan won't roast the veggies and Chicken properly!
However if you're making this Harvest Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner for four a regular sized Sheet Pan would work fine
Variations of Apple Chicken Recipe
This Baked Apple Chicken recipe can be adapted as per your choice. Its a perfect fall easy dinner party chicken recipe which everyone will love for sure. Here are few interesting variations to this Sheet pan Apple Chicken Bake recipe
- Spicy - you can make it a bit spicy by adding some Red Pepper Flakes or Cayenne Pepper into the sauce
- Cabbage - you can replace Brussels Sprouts with Cabbage as it has a similar taste and texture
- Broccoli - You can add Broccoli as well to this recipe
- Potatoes - Fresh Baby Potatoes makes for a great addition to this Sheet Pan Baked Apple Chicken dinner recipe
- Pecan - Few Pecan Nuts makes for a great addition to this Harvest Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner.
- Rice - You can add cooked wild rice or cooked rice to this Sheet Pan to make one pot Sheet Pan Harvest Chicken and Rice.
Can I store leftovers?
Refrigerate: Store leftover Baked Apple Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This can be stored in the refrigerator for upto a week
Freeze: You can freeze leftover Harvest Chicken in an airtight container for upto 3 months.
Reheat: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven until heated through before serving
Make ahead Chicken recipe for a crowd
Sheet Pan Dinners are the best. You can prep it ahead of time and refrigerate it. You can even make the sauce and store it in the refrigerator. Just bake this before serving and its done!
Top tips to make the Best Baked Apple Chicken in Sheet Pan
- Cut the apple into thin long slices
- Cut the Sweet Potatoes into small cubes
- Cut the Chicken Breast into cubes so that they cook quickly
- Maple glaze adds a nice sweetness to this Sheet pan chicken dinner. You can replace it with brown sugar as well
- Caramelizing the Apples with Maple syrup and Butter makes them taste extra good
Sheet Pan Harvest Baked Apple Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts can replace with Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts cut in half
- 2 large Pink Lady Apples cut into large slices, can replace with Granny Smith Apples
- 1 pound Green Beans edges trimmed
- 1 medium sized Sweet Potato peeled and diced
- 1 medium sized Onion cut into wedges
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup can replace with Honey or 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Craisins
for the sauce
- ½ cup Apple Juice fresh
- 2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard can replace with dried mustard or dijon mustard
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Rosemary minced
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease the sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Heat Butter in a cast iron skillet. As the butter melts pour Maple Syrup in it. Now add the apples and cook for 2 min.
- Next add the chopped veggies. Season with Salt, Pepper and Ground Cinnamon. Cook for 3-4 min. Set aside
- In the same pan, add some more oil. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 min or until brownish in color. Set aside
- Combine all the sauce ingredients to make the sauce in a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer everything to the baking dish. Pour the sauce on top and bake @400F for 10 min.
- Garnish with fresh Rosemary springs, freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, Craisins and serve!
Ask Me Anything