Healthy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips are super delicious and yummy snacks. These are super easy to make and healthier than store bought versions because these are air fried. Munch on these all day long and you will love them.😍
We all love Potato chips, but they can get boring after a while. If you too are fed up with the same old savory and starchy taste of potatoes then try our sweet potato chips!
They are super easy to make and are not like the regular Potato chips you are used to. As an added bonus, our sweet potato chips are air fried, so you'll be getting both healthy eating and happy eating in the same package! 😍😍
I just love Sweet Potato Chips. Mainly because its both sweet and savory.
- 🤔 What do you need to make Air fryer Sweet Potato Chips?
- 🥘 How to make Air Fryer Potato Chips
- 🧊 How to store Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips?
- 💯 Tips to make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips even better!
- 🤔 Can we use this recipe for regular Potato Chips?
- 🤔 Can we customize the seasoning in this seasoning?
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips (just 3 ingredients)
🤔 What do you need to make Air fryer Sweet Potato Chips?
If you have read the back of any potato chip packet then you will find a bazillion ingredients written there.
Even plain Salted Chips seem to have a ton of ingredients in them!
But our air fried Sweet Potatoes require just three ingredients! That's right, just three!
You don't even need to go to a grocery store to get the two of them as they should already be at your home's kitchen pantry! 🍟🍟
Here's all you need to make some quick air-fried sweet potato chips!
1. Sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes are easy to pick just like regular potatoes. Just be careful to get only medium-sized potatoes that are not too overly ripe and mushy. Nice firm sweet potatoes with decent moisture content are the best pick!
2. Olive oil
Since these sweet potato chips are going to be air fried why not make them even more healthy by using olive oil! And don't worry about the taste of olive oil overwhelming the chips. You'd be using so little of them that you will just get a subtle flavor of it in your chips!
3. Kosher salt
Use only kosher salt when seasoning your chips as it is easier to sprinkle it over your chips compared to any regular table salt. You can also use Seasoned Salt or sea salt for added flavor!
I sometimes like to use Garlic Seasoned Salt as it gives a wonderful taste these these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips!
🥘 How to make Air Fryer Potato Chips
Making Sweet Potato Chips looks easy but there is still a lot of room for making small mistakes that can make your Sweet Potato Chips all soggy and sad.
But with our handy guide, you will never get Potato Chips wrong!
Our Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips recipe is much easier to follow than many others because we will not use those complicated deep fryers.
There will be no measuring oil’s temperature or the fear of burning your chips as your air fryer will do all that heavy-lifting.
All you need to do is press some buttons, sit back and relax! But first, there are some steps you need to follow!
- To get perfect Sweet Potato Chips you need to first prepare your Sweet Potatoes.
- Start with washing them under running water. Peeling the potatoes is optional. If you are running short on time or want to do a quick join, then you can simply leave the peel on.
- It’s time to get to the most time-consuming part of the recipe: slicing up the potatoes. If you have a mandolin slicer then the whole process will take just five minutes. Otherwise, be prepared with your sharpest knife! Make sure your potato slices come out very thin. They should be almost translucent!
- Don’t place the Sweet Potato Slices in the air fryer yet! You first need to soak them in water for a good twenty minutes to remove all the starch. Then dry them using a paper towel.
- Now place all your Sweet Potato slices in a large bowl. Toss them together with olive oil. You can season them with kosher salt as well or leave that for later when they come out air fried.
- Now that your Sweet Potato slices are well oiled and seasoned, it’s time to air fry them.
- Line up all the slices in a single layer inside your air fryer.
- Seal your Sweet Potatoes inside the air fryer shut and cook them for about 15 minutes until they are crisp.
- Cook all your Sweet Potatoes in batches like this.
- Your air fryer potatoes are ready!
- You can sprinkle some additional seasoned salt to finish it off!
🧊 How to store Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips?
Many people think homemade fried potato chips can’ be stored for a long and are best eaten fresh.
But on the contrary, you can totally go ahead and make large batches of our Air Fryer Potato Chips and store them for weeks!
All you need to do is follow our storage tips down below and you will never be short of Potato Chips for a quick snack!
1. The trick to preserving Sweet Potato Chips for long is to keep them away from any outside corrosive agents like moisture and air. So select an airtight container or a secure ziplock bag to store all your Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips.
2. Select a cool and dry place to keep your tightly sealed Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips. You can keep them on your kitchen’s shelf or pantry for up to three weeks!
💯 Tips to make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips even better!
- Don’t pack too many Sweet Potato slices in your air fryer! That way your chips will come out unevenly cooked and not as crispy as they can be.
- The best way to go about it is to just spread out your potato slices in one single layer with a little space between all of them.
- While your potato chips are cooking in the air fryer don’t forget to flip them in between to the other side. This way you will ensure that your sweet potato chips will be evenly air-fried on both sides.
- Use Seasoned Salt for extra burst of flavors.
🤔 Can we use this recipe for regular Potato Chips?
Yes, you can definitely use this recipe for making regular potato chips! Just replace Sweet Potatoes with Regular sized Potatoes. We suggest you use Russet Potatoes for their firm and smooth texture.
🤔 Can we customize the seasoning in this seasoning?
Of course, you can experiment around with seasoning for this recipe! In fact, we especially suggest you to try spicy up the sweet potato chips to get that great combination of sweet and spicy flavors! Add some Cajun seasoning to make Cajun Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. Or add some Taco Seasoning for Taco Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries.
Also try these favorite Air Fryer Recipes
- Turkey Meatballs
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Apple Hand Pies
- Southern Fried Okra
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Popcorn Shrimp in Air Fryer
- Blueberry Donuts in Air Fryer
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips (just 3 ingredients)
- 2 large Sweet Potato peeled and chopped using a mandolin slicer
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt can replace with Seasoned Salt
- Use a Mandolin Slicer to slice the Sweet Potatoes into thin slices. Soak them in cold water for about 20-30 minutes
- Remove them from water and transfer to a parchment paper lined plate. Pat dry using a kitchen towel.
- Toss the slices with Olive Oil and Salt. Lay in an even layer in the Air fryer. Cook at 350F for 12 - 13 min. Turn midways after 7 min
- Repeat until all the Sweet Potato Slices have been used.