15-min Spicy Shrimp is full of bold and delicious flavors. This Spicy Shrimp in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is full of yummy flavors which you will love.
Are you a Red Pepper Sauce fan like me? Its spicy, bold and decadent flavors which sticks with you forever! Its so yum and amazing.
I love spicy flavors and Spicy Shrimp is one of my favoruites. Juicy and plump Shrimps swimming in a buttery, spicy and smokey Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is so amazing.
This Spicy Shrimp is insanely good. You have lots of sauce which you can serve over some cooked rice or dunk in bread and enjoy!
The best part about this Spicy Shrimp recipe is that it takes zero amount of prep time. All you are doing is cooking the Shrimp which takes just about 2-3 min. Blending the Roasted Red Pepper in a blender, and cooking the sauce for 5 min. And then its just tossing the Shrimps in the sauce and serve.
What is Roasted Red Pepper Sauce made of?
There are many variations to the Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. However, most often a simple Roasted Red Pepper Sauce features - Roasted Red Pepper (jarred or homemade), Garlic, Shallots and Italian Seasoning. Many times Heavy Cream and herbs like Basil is also added to it.
What does Roasted Red Pepper Sauce taste like?
Its a simple 5-ingredient sauce but when you taste it you'll be surprised. Its so delicious and full of flavors. The kick of Garlic & Ginger, the sweetness of Shallots, the smokey flavor of Roasted Red Pepper its clearly a reminisce of something exotic.
- Shrimps - peeled and de veined
- Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic powder - to marinate the shrimp
- Broccoli - Steamed
- Red Peppers - Roasted in the oven, can use jarred ones as well
- Garlic - finely chopped
- Ginger - finely chopped
- White Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Shallots - finely chopped
- Italian Seasoning
- Avocado Oil
- Sesame Seeds - for garnish
- Cilantro - for garnish
- Lime Juice - for garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Spicy Shrimp in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Marinate the Shrimp with Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper and Garlic Powder.
Roast chopped Red Bell Peppers and Garlic in the oven. Cook @400F for 10 min. Once cooked, squeeze out the garlic and remove the skin.
Blend them in a blender with Salt, Pepper, Chopped Shallots, Ginger, White Vinegar, Olive Oil, and Italian Seasoning.
Heat Avocado Oil in a skillet. Add the blended sauce in the skillet. Cook for 2-3 min. Add the Shrimps.
Toss in the Steamed Broccoli and cook for 2-3 min and garnish with chopped Cilantro, Sesame Seeds, & Lime Juice. Serve hot
How to Serve
- Crusty Bread - this is my favorite way to serve Spicy Shrimp. A crusty French Baguette bread really soaks in all the flavors of this spicy sauce and it makes it so yum.
- Mashed Potatoes - this is such a good way to serve this Spicy Shrimp
- Cooked Rice - hearty cooked Basmati Rice or Jasmine Rice.
- Cauliflower Rice - a perfect low carb alternative to rice and really soaks in all the bold flavors of this Spicy Shrimp.
Refrigerate: This Spicy Shrimp can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. So you can make it ahead of time and store for long.
Freeze: You can make this dish, cool it down to room temp and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Reheat: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes to try
- Shrimp Tostadas with Avocado Salsa
- Garlic Lime Shrimp (just 3 ingredients)
- Thai Peanut Lime Shrimp Curry
- Honey Bourbon Shrimp
- Lemon Butter Shrimp and Rice
- Shrimp Creole
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Cream Cheese
- (15-min) Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli
15-min Spicy Shrimp in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
To marinate the Shrimp
- 1 lbs Shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sized Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
For Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil to cook the shrimp
- 1 medium sized Red Bell Pepper diced
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ½ inch Ginger finely chopped
- ½ cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Shallots finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ cup Cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Marinate the Shrimps with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Preheat the oven to 400F. Meanwhile Steam the Broccoli florets for 2-3 min. Drain and set aside.
- (Skip this step if using jarred Roasted Red Pepper) Add the chopped Red bell Pepper, garlic in a sheet pan. Cook @400F for 10 min. Add it along with ginger, white vinegar, olive oil, shallots, cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat Avocado Oil in a skillet. Add the blended Red Pepper Sauce to the skillet and cook over medium high heat for 2-3 min. Add the marinated Shrimps, toss in the steamed broccoli. Garnish with freshly chopped Cilantro, Freshly squeezed Lime juice, and Sesame Seeds. Serve.