Healthy Burger Bowl / Cheeseburger Salad is a quick and easy salad recipe.
Its kind of like a deconstructed Burger featuring Ground Beef cooked with seasoning and served in a bowl with Lettuce, Cherry tomatoes, Onion rings, Dill Pickle and topped with a low carb Burger Sauce.
These Burger Bowls / Salad without Buns are a healthy alternative to Burgers.
Also its so easy to make.
Healthy Burger Bowl Recipe
Craving Burgers, but can't indulge because its high in carbs? Don't worry.
Make restaurant style Burger Bowls which is a deconstructed Burger and is without the Buns.
So its naturally healthy, Low carb, Gluten Free and Keto.
I love Burgers. Its one of those easy and comforting dinners which I love to make on busy weeknights.
Also try these Burger Recipes
- Vegan Hamburgers (Unbelievably Good)
- Crack Chicken Burgers
- Green Goddess Black Bean Burgers
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
Especially Burgers makes for a perfect back to school dinner. They cook easy and are every kids favorite.
But when on a Low Carb Diet, and I'm trying to avoid Bread and sauces full of sugar, I turn to this Burger Bowl recipe.
Its such a fantastic way to serve Burgers. Same flavors, less mess, easy and effortless and of course its healthy!
In my home, I try to cook as healthy as possible and this Burger bowl recipe is even approved by my kids.
Of course, they top it with some extra ketchup because they just love Burgers with Ketchup, but that too, I try to serve with Keto Ketchup made without refined sugar.
Cheeseburger Salad aka Burger in a Bowl
- Loaded with veggies
- Easier to eat
- Made with a low carb sauce
- Needs handful of ingredients
- Easy Meal Prep
- Quick Lunch & Dinner
- Easy and Satisfying dinner
- Needs no grilling
- Under 30-min meal
Burger in a Bowl Ingredients
- Ground Beef or Turkey
- Greens of your choice
- Onions - you can use thinly sliced White, Yellow or Red Onions. You can even caramelize the Onions and use them.
- Tomatoes - Use Cherry or Grape Tomatoes or simply some diced Tomatoes are great too.
- Pickle - use sweet and tangy chopped Pickes. You can use Sauerkraut as well.
- Avocado - thinly sliced Avocados or even Mashed Avocado or Guacamole is a great addition.
- Cheese - you can use any cheese you love. I have used Shredded Cheddar Cheese. You can use Blue Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese as well.
- Sauce - I simply use Ranch Dressing along with some Dijon Mustard, Garlic Powder and some Ketchup.
See recipe card for quantities. Also watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Burger Bowl
Heat Avocado Oil in a skillet.
As the oil shimmers, add the Ground Beef along with minced Garlic, Dijon Mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, Salt and Pepper. Toss to combine and cook for 4-5 min.
Get it out of heat and stir in shredded cheddar cheese. Set aside
Assemble the salad bowl. Start with the greens followed by Red Onion slices, Cherry Tomatoes, diced Pickle, Avocado Slices and add the Ground Beef mixture to it.
Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese
Make the sauce by whisking together Ranch dressing, Ketchup, Dijon Mustard and Garlic Powder in a bowl.
Drizzle over the salad and serve!
Hint: The Burger Sauce is simple and low carb. You can add Mayonnaise if you wish to. (If you have to use Mayonnaise for the Burger Sauce, use Avocado Oil Mayonnaise as its rather healthier)
- Spicy - you can make the Ground Beef mixture spicy by adding Red Pepper Flakes in the mixture.
- Bacon - crispy fried Bacon makes for a delicious addition over these Cheeseburger Bowls
- Crispy onions - you can add crispy fried Onions to this Burger Bowl.
What fries to serve with Burger Bowl
I know, Burger without fries is not worth it. So here are some healthy fries options which go great with this Burger Bowl recipe.
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Eggplant Fries
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Tasty Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries
This Burger Bowl Recipe makes for an excellent meal prep.
All you need to do is cook the meat and store in an airtight container.
You can even add the freshly chopped veggies to it and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto a week.
Lightly reheat in the oven and serve with the dressing on top.
More Low Carb Recipes
- Crockpot Zucchini Baked Ziti (Low Carb)
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Low Carb Lemon Butter Chicken
- Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice (Low Carb)
- Low Carb Eggplant Pizza Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet Casserole
- Low Carb Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Low Carb Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
Top Tips to make the Best Burger Bowl
- You can use Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken as well
- Make sure you use the freshest of the ingredients as possible
- You can use any cheese you love
- Besides Cheddar you can top this Cheeseburger Bowl with Pepper Jack Cheese or crumbled Blue Cheese
- You can drizzle some hot sauce on top if you like it spicy
- You can make the sauce using Mayonnaise, but use Avocado Mayonnaise
- Use lean Ground Beef for this recipe
- Use Avocado Oil to cook the meat
- Can top with crispy fried Onions
- Can top with Guacamole or Sour Cream
Burger Bowl (without Buns)
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce chopped
- 3 medium sized Red Onions cut into rings
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup Dill Pickle chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 large Avocado sliced
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add Avocado Oil to it. As the oil shimmers, add the meat and cook for 2-3 min or until it browns.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic powder, Dijon Mustard, minced Garlic, Salt and Pepper to it. Toss to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Take it off the heat. Add shredded Cheddar Cheese to the cooked meat. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Whisk all the ingredients to make the Burger Sauce in a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a salad serving bowl. layer the chopped Lettuce, followed by the meat mixture, shredded Cheddar Cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes, Onion Rings, Diced Dill Pickles and sliced Avocados. Drizzle the Burger Sauce over the Burger Bowl using a spoon. Serve