Delicious Minty and Chocolaty Truffles, made with White Chocolate and no Cream Cheese makes delicious green-colored truffles, perfect for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day desserts. Minty on the outside and deliciously chocolaty on the inside, every bite of these White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles feels divine. If you don't like white chocolate try Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles or Peppermint Cheesecake Oreo Truffles.
White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles
These White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles are No-bake desserts. White Chocolate acts as the perfect combination of Mint and Oreos. The White Chocolate adds a superb coating over these Mint Oreo Truffles and adds to the texture of the truffles that feels so fudgy. Also when you bite into the truffles, the minty goodness of Mint Oreos greets you.
I love making truffles. It's such an easy no-bake dessert. Have you tried my Dark Chocolate Peanut butter Truffles or Quick Gingerbread Truffles (just 3-ingredients) or Christmas Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Mint Oreos
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- White Chocolate or White Melting Wafers
- Green Gel Food Color
These White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles are made with the ever-popular Mint Oreos and Condensed Milk.
Sweetened Condensed milk acts as the perfect condiment to truffles.
If you do not have Cream Cheese you can go ahead and use Condensed milk, and trust me you won't miss your Cream Cheese ever. It's that good.
To make these White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles
Step 1: Pulse ingredients
Firstly, I took some Mint Oreos and crushed them real nice. You can use a food processor to pulse the Oreos to crumbs or throw them in a zip-lock bag, seal the top and use a rolling pin to make the Oreo Crumbs.
If you do not have Mint Oreos, use Golden Oreos or Chocolate Oreos along with a teaspoon of Mint Extract. However, DO NOT Replace with Peppermint Extract. Peppermint and Mint have totally different flavors!
Step 2: Combine Condensed Milk
To these, I mixed with sweetened condensed milk. I combined the Oreos and Sweetened Condensed Milk well using a spoon. As you mix these you'll get a nice gooey batter with a wonderful minty fragrance.
Step 3: Make Balls
Once they are well combined, I greased my hands and then I made small Oreo Balls. Making these Oreo Balls can feel messy, but they are so worth it.
Step 4: Freeze Truffles
Once the Oreo Balls got frozen for like 3-4 hours, I removed them from the freezer.
Step 5: Add Green Food Color
Meanwhile, I chopped a bar of White chocolate and melted it in a double boiler. Now I divided the chocolate melt into 2 parts. To one part I added a drop of green gel food color and mixed it well.
Step 6: Coat Truffles in Chocolate
Now I used a fork and coated my oreo balls with the chocolate. If you think that your Chocolate Melt is too thick and you are unable to coat it, you might want to add a teaspoon of coconut oil into your Chocolate melt and it'll ease the process.
I used a fork so that it drips out the excess chocolate from my truffles and they have that perfect round shape. Now, finally, To these, I decorated with alternate colors of chocolate drizzle. This is just for decoration purposes. However, it looked gorgeous.
My Oreo truffles got frozen instantly, However, I still put them in the freezer so that the chocolate drizzle settles down well. And within 10 minutes these were ready to eat.
So, this is how you can make Mint Oreo Truffles.
You can store these truffles in an air-tight container. They'll last for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Other Truffles Recipes:
Listed below is the detailed recipe for White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles. so, without delay:
White Chocolate Mint Oreo Truffles Without Cream Cheese
- 12 Oreos Mint Oreos
- ½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 20 Oz White Chocolate or White Melting Wafers
- 1-2 Drop Green Gel Food Color
- First, take Mint Oreos and crush them using a food processor. You can also, take them in a zip lock bag, seal the top and use a rolling pin to make Mint Oreo Crumbs.
- To this add one cup of Sweetened Condensed milk and mix well with a spoon.
- You'll have a sticky batter ready.
- Grease your hands with oil and roll small Truffle balls. If the batter is too thin, add more Oreo crumbs or freeze the batter for 20 minutes and then use it to roll truffle balls. The balls won't be of perfect shape in the beginning. It will barely clump together. Don't worry. Just keep it like that on a silicone mat lined plate.
- Place them on a plate lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Let them freeze in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours. If your Truffles aren't perfect in shape, then after 30 minutes or 45 minutes after freezing the truffles, re-shape them by rolling them between your palms. Once the balls are partially frozen it will be easier to shape them.
- Chop a White Chocolate Bar
- Now melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. If using White Melting wafers, melt them in the oven at 30 seconds bursts with a few drops of coconut oil, until the chocolate gets smooth and silky.
- Divide this into two equal two portions.
- To one part add one drop of green gel food color.
- Use a fork to pick up the Truffle and coat it with chocolate. One truffle will be of green color and the other of white color.
- Pat the spoon on the edge of the plate to drip off the excess chocolate off your Oreo Truffles
- Place them on a clean plate lined with parchment paper or silicone mat for easy cleanup.
- Now, take another spoon and drizzle alternate colored melted chocolate over the truffles. Such as white chocolate drizzle on green truffles and vice versa.
- Let them freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, Enjoy your Mint Oreo Truffles.