White Chocolate Easter Nest Treats, are the easiest ever Easter Treats. Easter Bird's Nest made with White Chocolate and Marshmallows are the sweetest treats ever. Also, these Bird's Nest Treats are made using Rolled Oats and Shredded Coconut and topped with mini Cadbury Easter Eggs and Sprinklers. These Chocolate Nest Treats are the cutest Easter desserts ever, which will make your Easter Party extra special!
The blend of White Chocolate and Marshmallows gives these no bake Bird's Nest Cookies the best taste and texture!
Also, Rolled Oats along with Shredded Coconut feels like a match made in heaven! Its Soooo Gooood!!!!
I love baking adorable looking desserts. Desserts are my favorite!
And with Easter around the corner, its just the perfect time to use Mini Eggs to make the cutest possible desserts. From Mini Eggs Cookies to Mini Eggs Brownies to Mini Eggs Blondies to Mini Eggs Cupcakes! All of these are so much fun to make and enjoy with kids!
Chocolate Nest Treats without Chow Mein Noodles
Yes! Of course!
These are rather healthier as I have skipped Chow Mein Noodles and even Rice Krispis and used Rolled Oats and Shredded Coconut instead!
Oats and Coconut are really a match made in heaven!
White Chocolate Marshmallow Nests
Instead of regular Easter Nest desserts made with Dark Chocolate Chips and Butterscotch chips, I have used White Chocolate Chips here for a smoother and richer taste.
Also White Chocolates really taste great with Marshmallows.
- Rolled Oats and Shredded Coconut - This combination is seriously the best. Rolled Oats along with Shredded Coconut tastes incredibly nutty and it gets naturally sweet and sticky due to Coconut!
- White Chocolate & Marshmallows - I love to use Marshmallows along with White Chocolate. The chocolate makes the Marshmallow fluff incredibly creamy and even tastier!
- Candy Eggs - Easter desserts are the best because of these candy eggs. These can be easily found in all grocery stores around Easter.
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make White Chocolate Nest Treats
STEP 1: MELT MARSHMALLOWS & WHITE CHOCOLATE
- Heat Butter and Marshmallows in a heavy bottom saucepan
- As the marshmallows puff up and melt, add the White Chocolate Chips
- Stir every 30 seconds until it all gets melted and smooth!
STEP 2: ADD OATS & SHREDDED COCONUT
- Remove the saucepan from heat
- Add the rolled oats and shredded coconut. Stir until evenly coated.
- Allow it to cool down for 5-10 min.
STEP 3: ADD TO MUFFIN TIN
- Grease a muffin tin and line with cupcake liners or parchment paper strips.
- Add a tablespoon of the Oats mixture to it.
STEP 4: MAKE NESTS
- Lightly grease your hands with oil and press down the center to make a nest like shape
- Add the green sprinklers in the center
- Top with the Eggs
- Freeze uncovered for 5-10 min, so that the Marshmallow and white chocolate harden the oats.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until served.
These Bird's Nest Treats are easily customizable based on the ingredients which you have at home. You can make so many amazing variations to the same recipe!
- Dark Chocolate - Instead of White Chocolate you can use Dark Chocolate for delicious Chocolate nest treats
- Rice Krispies - Instead of Oats you can use Rice Krispies to make cute looking Rice Krispie Nests Treats.
- Chow Mein Noodles - Generally Chow Mein Noodles are used to make nest treats. You can use them as well.
- Pretzels - Use tasty pretzels to make the Bird's Nests.
- Nut Butter - Use Nut Butter instead of Marshmallows. Its healthier and makes for lighter treats.
- Butterscotch Chocolate Chips - Instead of Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate, use Butterscotch Chocolate Chips for smooth and rice taste. You can also combine Butterscotch with Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Fill in the nest with frosting - Make cream cheese frosting and fill it in the nest. Then top over with sprinklers and mini eggs.
- Hershey's Candy Eggs - You can use Hershey's Candy Eggs which are more in pastel colors which is perfect for Easter.
- Green Edible Grass - Instead of Green Sprinklers, you can use Green Edible Glass (green apple flavor) for an authentic look!
- M&Ms - You can use egg shaped M&Ms instead of Mini Eggs.
You can store leftover Bird's Nest Cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.
You can even freeze leftover Nest Treats. Wrap individual treats with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Do you have to use Butterscotch chips for Bird's Nest Cookies?
No, its totally optional. You can use Dark Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate Chips like I did.
Do you have to use Marshmallows for Chocolate Nest Desserts?
Marshmallows helps the nest stick together. However if you have to replace Marshmallows, you can use peanut Butter or any Nut Butter like Almond or Cashew Butter if you're allergic.
Can you make without muffin tin?
Yes you can. Place a tablespoon of the Oats mixture in a silicone mat lined baking dish. Grease your hands and press down in the center to make nests. Add the eggs in the center and freeze until set for 5-10 min.
Can you make Chocolate Bird's Nest Treats Ahead of time?
Yes of course! You can make this recipe ahead of time and refrigerate it in an airtight container for about 2 weeks. Alternatively you can freeze this for about 3 months. To freeze these Nest Treats, wrap individual nests with plastic wrap and then freeze. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
MORE EASTER TREATS RECIPES
- Easter Candy Bark
- Italian Easter Bread
- No-Bake Easter Egg Oreo Truffles [4-Ingredient]
- Cute Easter Chick Oreo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Easter Bunny Cookies
- Easter Egg Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles
- Cute & Soft Easter Thumbprint Cookies
- Easter Colored Crinkle Cookies
- Easter Bird's Nest Muffins
- Easter M&M Chocolate chip Cookies
I hope you liked this recipe and shall make it soon. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
White Chocolate Easter Bird's Nest Treats
- 10 OZ Mini Marshmallows
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter 1 cup (or any Nut Butter)
- 12 oz White Chocolate Chips
- 1 pack Easter Mini Eggs Candy
- 2½ cup Rolled Oats add more if mixture is too wet.
- 2½ cups Coconut shredded
- Green Sprinklers
- MELT MARSHMALLOWS & WHITE CHOCOLATE: Heat a saucepan over medium high heat. Add the butter and Marshmallows. Reduce the heat to low. Stir every 30 seconds until the Marshmallows puff up and begin to melt. once they melt, add the White Chocolate Chips to it. Stir to combine. Stir often until melted and creamy. Take it off the heat and set aside.
- ADD OATS & SHREDDED COCONUT: Now, add rolled Oats and shredded Coconut to this butter mixture. Stir evenly until coated. If the mixture feels too wet, you can add 1/2 cup more of Rolled Oats. It should stick to the back of the spatula. Allow it to cool down for 5-10 min.
- ADD TO THE MUFFIN TIN: Grease a muffin tin with oil and line with Parchment paper or cupcake liners. Add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to it.
- MAKE NESTS: Grease your hands lightly and press down upon the center to make nests like shape. Add the green sprinklers in the center. Top with Mini Eggs.
- FREEZE: Freeze uncovered for 5-10 minutes so that the Marshmallows harden the Oats and they hold the shape perfectly. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you serve.