White Chicken Skillet Lasagna is a Hearty, Creamy, Comforting, and quick Skillet Lasagna recipe. It's exactly the same flavors of a Lasagna cooked in a Creamy Sauce and that too gets cooked in a fraction of time on the stovetop!
This White Chicken Skillet Lasagna is best served with Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks.
White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
I love making Lasagna in every possible way. Be it my Eggplant Lasagna or Spinach Lasagna, I like to cook something unique for my family and this Chicken Skillet Lasagna instantly had my attention when I thought about it. It's just our typical Lasagna but cooked in a skillet and also in a Creamy White Sauce.
Well, the White Chicken is totally optional. You can cook Skillet Chicken Lasagna with Marinara as well. However, I just like to make things a little special, especially for a Friday night dinner, and bam! This White Chicken Skillet Lasagna is born in my kitchen 🙂
Honestly, it is rather simple and so delicious! The perfectly shredded Chicken along with Italian Seasoning, Heavy Cream, and of course Shredded Mozzarella tastes heavenly.
Let's quickly learn how to make this awesome White Chicken Skillet Lasagna. I'll help you out with my secret tips for the recipe along with storage and make-ahead instructions below:
How to make White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
You can find the recipe card below for details about the ingredients and detailed instructions
Shred the Chicken: Bring the Chicken breasts to boil in a pot of salted water.
Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken gets cooked through. Insert a Meat Thermometer and if it reads 78C or 165F, your Chicken is cooked.
Remove the chicken from the pot and place them on a chopping board. Allow it to cool down for 5 minutes and then shred the chicken using two forks.
Make the Sauce: In a Skillet, bring a cup of Chicken Broth to boil. As the Chicken Broth comes to a boil, add the Heavy Cream along with Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Freshly Cracked Black Pepper. Stir to combine.
Add the Noodles: Break the Lasagna noodles in half and add to the skillet. Cover cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in between.
Add the Chicken: After 15 minutes, add the chicken and top with Mozzarella Cheese. Cover and allow the cheese to melt. Alternatively, if your skillet is oven-friendly, you can also, pop the skillet in the oven at 450F for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts and starts to turn golden brown.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with freshly chopped Cilantro and serve with Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks.
Tips to make the Best White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
- Brown the Chicken - Before you shred the Chicken Breasts, heat some canola oil in the skillet and lightly brown the Chicken Breasts on both sides with some salt and pepper. After that, take it off the heat and allow it to cool down before you shred it.
- Break the Noodles - I prefer to Break my Lasagna noodles really small for this recipe because the smaller bits cook evenly and taste better. Larger pieces tend to get stuck to one another.
- Add more Cream - If your Noodles have soaked out all the moisture, you can go ahead and add more Heavy Cream to thin it out.
- Use a good quality skillet - Since this is a one-pot skillet recipe, it's best that you use a good quality skillet that has a lid that is pretty deep and heats evenly.
- Instead, of Lasagna Noodles be creative and add Campanelle Pasta or Penne Pasta or Bow Tie Pasta. It's going to be amazing.
- Add veggies - While Cooking the Chicken, you can saute other veggies like Mushrooms, Onion, Garlic, Spinach, or Broccoli. Sautee them and keep them aside. Add them to the pan while adding the Chicken.
- Swap Chicken - You can Swap Chicken with Ground Beef, Ground Turkey, or Ground Sausage.
You can store this White Chicken Skillet Lasagna in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or you can freeze this for 3 months.
You can Precook the Chicken, shred it and keep it in the refrigerator. You can also make the sauce by simmering the Heavy Cream and Chicken Broth with the seasoning, cool it down, and refrigerate it for up to 3 days. Before reuse, transfer it to a skillet, reheat until it boils, add the broken noodles, and cover cook. Add the Chicken and Mozzarella Cheese and cover until cheese melts. Garnish and Serve.
Other recipes you will love
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
White Chicken Skillet Lasagna
- 2 large Chicken Breasts Boneless, Skinless
- 2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes optional
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
- 8 Lasagna Noodles broken
- 1½ cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Finely Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the Chicken Breasts and cook covered for 10 minutes or until the Chicken gets cooked through. Check using a Meat thermometer. If it reads 78C or 165F, your Chicken Breasts are cooked. Keep them out on a chopping board and discard the water.
- After the Chicken cools down for 5 minutes, shred the Chicken using two forks. Keep aside.
- Heat a skillet. Add Low Sodium Chicken Broth in it and bring it to a boil. Add the Heavy Cream along with Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, and Pepper. Stir to combine. Add the broken Lasagna noodles and cover cook on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes. Stir in between.
- After 15 minutes, Add the Shredded Chicken and the Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Cover and allow the Cheese to melt.
- Garnish with Chopped Cilantro and serve.
- If you think this will get too bland add some Cajun Seasoning to make Cajun Chicken Lasagna.
- You can add more cracked black pepper to spice up the Lasagna.
- You can replace Lasagna noodles with Campanelle Pasta or Penne Pasta or Bow Tie Pasta.
- You can swap Chicken and use Ground Beef or Ground Turkey or Ground Sausage
- You can add veggies. Saute Onion, Garlic, Mushrooms, Spinach, and Broccoli along with the Chicken. Keep them aside. Add them to the sauce while you're adding the Shredded Chicken.