White Bean Enchilada Soup is a creamy and comforting soup which has got your favourite Tex-Mex flavours. It's easy to prepare and makes for a perfect one-pot meal for the family. This is a vegetarian recipe and is totally delicious and drool-worthy!
Hey friends, I hope this Clean Eating January has been fun for you until now. Well, it has been for me. I found that clean eating is helping me stay active for long and is also improving my sleep schedule, which is such a great thing. I am sure, your diet is also going to make a difference in your life in some way or other.
Today, I have got you this amazingly easy and yummy soup recipe - White Bean Enchilada Soup. This Creamy White Bean Enchilada soup feels just like an Enchilada but in the form of soup. Also, you will not miss the meat as the White Bean is just as good!
This recipe isn't vegan since I Have used Heavy Cream. For the Vegan version, replace Heavy cream with Vegan milk.
This White Bean Enchilada Soup is totally freezer friendly and you can meal prep it for a quick weeknight dinner. Also, unlike any other healthy soup, this ones surely going to be popular amongst the kids because of that delicious Tex-Mex Flavours.
White Bean Enchilada Soup is one of my favourite soups of the season. Especially on a lazy winter night, I make this for my family and everyone loves this! Have you tried my Red Bean Tex Mex Soup or Potato Leek Soup or Thai Curried Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup or Spinach Soup with Crispy Croutons or Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Garlic Soup or Brown Lentil Soup?
Ingredients I have used to make this Soup
- Canned White Beans
- Veggies - chopped onions, bell pepper, garlic, green chilis, frozen corn
- Spices - Bay Leaf, Cayenne, Ground Cumin, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper & Salt
- Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Cornstarch Slurry
How to make this White Bean Enchilada Soup
So you begin by caramelising the onions. So, heat olive oil in a dutch oven. As the oil shimmers, add the chopped onions and bell peppers.
As the onions get caramelised, add the chopped garlic and the bay leaf.
Now, add the spices - Cayenne Pepper, Ground Cumin, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Black Pepper and Salt. Stir to combine everything.
Now, add the vegetable broth and cook until the veggies tenderise.
Add the canned white beans, green chilis and the corn. Allow it to come to a slow boil
Add the heavy cream and stir to combine
Make Cornstarch slurry by combining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of cold milk.
As the soup boils and all the veggies and beans get cooked, add the cornstarch slurry and stir until the soup thickens
Serve with some Sour Cream and chopped Jalapenos & Cilantro on top. You can also add some Salsa or Guacamole on top.
Important tips to make this Soup
This soup should typically be a little thick. So there are a couple of ways of thickening it.
- You can make a roux by cooking the flour with the veggies and the olive oil. As the flour gets cooked, the raw smell of it will go away and then when you will add the broth, the soup will automatically thicken.
- You can make the Cornstarch slurry-like I did and add it to your soup, just after it gets prepared. This will thicken our your soup. Also, this will make your soup Gluten-free! You can replace Cornstarch with Arrowroot.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
White Bean Enchilada Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt adjust as per taste
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 3 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 small Green Chilis chopped
- ½ cup Frozen Corn
- 2 cans Navy Beans 15oz (Rinsed & Drained)
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 4 tablespoon Whole Milk
- 5 tablespoon Sour Cream for garnish
- 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- ripe Avocado & chopped Jalapenos for garnish
- Heat Olive oil in a Dutch oven. As the Oil shimmers, add the onions and chopped bell peppers. Allow it to caramelize over medium-high heat.
- Now, add the Bay Leaf and minced Garlic. Saute until it gets fragrant. Add the Spices - Ground Cumin, Cayenne, Ground Cinnamon, Salt, and Black Pepper. Toss to combine. Cook for 2 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Now, add the White Beans, Green Chilis, and Corn. Add the Vegetable broth and allow it to simmer over medium-low flame for 3-4 minutes. Add the Heavy cream, stir to combine, and cook over medium-low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Make the Cornstarch slurry by combining 3 tablespoon of Cornstarch with 4 tablespoon of Milk. As the soup is cooked completely, turn off the heat and pour in the slurry. Stir until the soup thickens.
- Serve the soup. Top with 1 tablespoon of Sour Cream, chopped Jalapeno, Ripe Avocado, and some freshly chopped Cilantro. Squeeze some Lemon juice on it and enjoy!
- You can refrigerate this for up to 3-4 days in an air-tight container