Vegetable Pad Thai is a Healthy Pad Thai recipe made with colorful fresh Veggies. This Easy Pad Thai Recipe is Vegan, Gluten Free and Plant Based Asian recipe for Dinner. Make this Healthy Vegetarian Pad Thai recipe for a perfect weekend dinner!
Also try my Authentic Shrimp Pad Thai
Besides using Brown Rice Noodles, I have used colorful veggies as well as a low carb Pad Thai Sauce, which is perfect for this recipe.
My Vegetarian Pad Thai Recipe is super healthy, comforting, satisfying and tastes incredible!
VEGETABLE PAD THAI
Vegetable Pad Thai is just like Authentic Pad Thai made using Vegetables, Tamarind pulp, Ketchup, Honey. Its topped with Peanuts. This Vegetarian Pad Thai takes just like the authentic recipe.
If you're new to Pad Thai, or Noodles, let this be your INTERVENTION!
- VEGETABLE PAD THAI
- What is Pad Thai?
- Vegetarian Pad Thai with colorful Veggies
- Why you'll love this Vegetable Pad Thai
- Ingredients needed to make Vegetable Pad Thai
- How to make Vegetarian Pad Thai
- STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- STEP 1: COOK RICE NOODLES
- STEP 2: MAKE PAD THAI SAUCE
- STEP 3: COOK THE VEGGIES
- STEP 4: GARNISH & SERVE
- Cooking Variations in Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Top Tips to make the Best Vegetarian Pad Thai
- More Thai Food Recipes for Dinner
- Vegetable Pad Thai
What is Pad Thai?
An authentic Thai noodles recipe made using Tamarind paste, Brown Sugar, Fish Sauce, Bean Sprouts and Any protein of choice like Shrimp, Eggs, and Chicken.
Pad Thai is authentically made in Thailand and essentially all over the world.
Pad Thai is loved mostly because of its sweet and sour taste and peanut topping.
Vegetarian Pad Thai with colorful Veggies
Just like Authentic Pad Thai, you can make the Vegetarian Version with loads of Veggies.
Its such a smart way to use up leftover veggies at home. I have used Carrots, Cucumber, Broccoli, Bell Peppers, Cabbage, Red Onions and Garlic.
Its time to get creative and make use of veggies you have at home to make your very own version of Pad Thai.
Who says you cannot make Pad Thai without Bean Sprouts or Shrimps or Eggs or Chicken!
Use Broccoli, Cabbage and any other veggies you have at home.
Use spiralized veggies as well. Its a smart way to include veggies in your diet.
Why you'll love this Vegetable Pad Thai
- Healthy and Nutritious
- Great way to include veggies in your diet
- Easy to make
- Super delicious
- Sweet and Sour Flavors
- Perfect weekend dinner
Ingredients needed to make Vegetable Pad Thai
- Carrots (shredded or spiralized)
- Cucumber (shredded or spiralized)
- Broccoli (chopped into florets)
- Cabbage (thinly chopped)
- Red Onions (thinly sliced)
- Garlic (minced or pressed)
- Bell Peppers (all three colors or any color, thinly sliced)
FOR PAD THAI SAUCE
- Tamarind Water
- Soy Sauce
- Cayenne Pepper
- Lemon Juice
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
How to make Vegetarian Pad Thai
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
STEP 1: COOK RICE NOODLES
- Cook rice noodles as per given package directions
- Once cooked, drain, rinse under cold tap water and keep aside.
STEP 2: MAKE PAD THAI SAUCE
- In a mixing jar, combine all the ingredients to make the sauce.
- Whisk until combined.
- Keep it aside.
STEP 3: COOK THE VEGGIES
- Heat a wok. As the wok gets heated, add Olive Oil
- Throw in all the veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies soften.
- After the veggies gets cooked, throw in the cooked noodles and pour the sauce over it.
- Toss to combine everything.
STEP 4: GARNISH & SERVE
- Garnish with toasted Peanuts, Lime Wedges, Freshly chopped Green Onions and Cilantro.
- Serve right away.
Remember to not over cook the Veggies. Overcooking them will lose their crunch. Just cook them for 3-4 min or until soften.
Cooking Variations in Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Tofu - You can add Tofu to this Pad Thai. Crispy fried Tofu makes for a perfect addition to this Vegetarian Pad Thai.
- Peanut Butter- add creamy Peanut Butter for a sweet and nutty taste.
- Bok Choy - You can add freshly chopped Bok Choy
- Red Pepper Flakes - You can replace Cayenne Pepper with Red Pepper Flakes for spice.
- Avocado Oil - You can cook in Avocado Oil instead of Olive Oil for a lighter version.
- Maple Syrup - You can use Maple Syrup or Molasses instead of Honey or Sugar.
see the Shrimp version of this recipe.
You can store Vegetarian Pad Thai in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
While reheating the Pad Thai in the oven, keep a water soaked Paper towel, over the noodles and then reheat in the oven. Doing this will prevent the Pad Thai Noodles from drying out, while reheating.
OR Reheat Pad Thai in a wok, with a few tablespoons of water if it dries out.
Top Tips to make the Best Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Do not overcook the Rice Noodles
- Use a wok to make Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Keep the veggies chopped in advance for ease of cooking
More Thai Food Recipes for Dinner
- Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- Thai Green Curry Chicken
- Thai Sweet and Sour Salmon
- Thai Peanut Lime Shrimp Curry
- Green Curry Shrimp
- Peanut Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- Creamy Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry Recipe
- Sticky Thai Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
- Instant Pot Thai Cashew Chicken
- Crispy Baked Thai Chicken Wings
- Creamy Thai Peanut Chicken
- Sweet Chili Chicken
- Thai Red Coconut Chicken Curry
Vegetable Pad Thai
FOR PAD THAI
- 4 OZ Rice Noodles preferably brown rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil or any non flavoring oil
- 1 medium sized Carrot shredded or spiralized
- 1 medium sized Cucumber shredded or spiralized
- ½ cup Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Yellow Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Green Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup Broccoli cut into florets
- Peanuts toasted and chopped
- Cilantro freshly chopped
FOR PAD THAI SAUCE
- 2 tablespoon Tamarind Concentrate
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup optional
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice 1/2 medium sized lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce
- Cook the Rice noodles as per package directions. Once cooked, drain and wash under cold tap water. Keep aside
- In a mixing jar, combine all the ingredients to make Pad Thai Sauce. Whisk until combined and keep aside.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat. As the wok gets heated, pour Olive Oil. As the oil shimmers, throw in all the chopped veggies. Cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies soften.
- Once the veggies soften, add the cooked noodles and pour the Pad Thai sauce over it. Toss to combine everything.
- Garnish with chopped Peanuts and chopped Cilantro. Squeeze Lemon Juice on top and serve right away!