Easy and Super Delicious Thai Chicken Stir Fry is a tasty and scrumptious dinner recipe, bursting with amazing Thai flavors. An easy and healthy one pot pan dinner recipe, that's extremely easy to make and is super delicious.
Ready in just about 30 minutes, this Thai Coconut Chicken Stir Fry is perfect for a weeknight dinner and also for a fancy weekend dinner.
Thai Chicken Stir Fry with Coconut Milk
I make this Thai Coconut Chicken Curry in the form of a stir fry, with vegetables at hand. Veggies makes the curry extra delicious and healthier.
Everything about this Thai Chicken Curry is good. From the crunchy Veggies to the flavorful and fragrant sauce to the sweet and sour taste!
I love Thai recipes. Especially Thai Chicken Curry, be it the Thai Red Curry Chicken or Thai Green Curry Chicken or Green Curry Shrimp, are some of my favorite Thai dinner recipes, which I love to make at home.
I love Thai food. Perfectly spiced, light and hearty, bursting with tropical flavors of Coconut, Lime, Lemongrass and Basil! So Good!
Many people think Asian food is all about, sauces, well, true but mostly Chinese food. Thai food on the other hand is light and fragrant and so tropical in its flavors!!!
Thai food is so much more than Pad Thai. I know, whenever we think of Thai food, we think Pad Thai, which I absolutely Love btw. But there are so many amazing recipes that Thai Cuisine has to offer which are incredibly delicious!
More Thai Food Recipes you need to try
- Vegetable Pad Thai
- Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
- Thai Sweet and Sour Salmon
- Thai Peanut Lime Shrimp Curry
- Green Curry Shrimp
- Peanut Shrimp Pad Thai
FOR THE SAUCE
- Sesame Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
FOR THE STIR FRY
- Boneless Chicken - cut into 1" cubes
- Sesame oil - to cook the Chicken
- Peanut Butter - for nutty taste and creaminess
- Thai Red Curry Paste - a must in every Thai curry.
- Minced Garlic - to build the flavors
- Coconut Cream - lends in sweetness to the curry
- Coconut Milk - to make the sauce creamy
- Veggies of your choice - I have used Bell Peppers of different colors and Carrots. Feel free to use any Veggies you have at home.
- Cilantro - for garnish
- Toasted Peanuts - for Garnish
- Lime Wedges - for Garnish
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
STEP 1: MAKE THE SAUCE
- In a mixing Jar, add all the sauce ingredients, Honey, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Sriracha, Lime Juice & Apple Cider Vinegar. Whisk until combined and keep aside.
STEP 2: COOK CHICKEN
- Heat Sesame Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken. Cook over medium low heat for 5-6 min, stirring occasionally.
STEP 3: STIR FRY VEGGIES
- Once the chicken gets cooked, remove from the skillet
- Add some more sesame oil
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Next add Peanut Butter, Thai Red Curry Paste and Coconut Cream.
- Stir to combine.
- De-glaze the skillet with Coconut Milk
- Add the chopped Veggies of your choice, along with the cooked Chicken
- Toss to combine.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
STEP 4: SERVE
- Garnish with freshly chopped Cilantro, Toasted Peanuts and drizzle the sauce over it.
- Serve with Jasmine Rice.
- Thai Green Curry paste - instead of Thai Red Curry Paste, you can use Thai Green Curry Paste or Yellow Curry Paste as well.
- Vegetarian - Make a Vegetarian version of this Thai stir fry with Tofu.
Store the leftovers of this stir fry in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can store this for up to a week. I do not recommend freezing this as this has Coconut Cream and Coconut Milk which doesn't stand well upon freezing and shall make the curry sour.
Thai Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lbs Chicken boneless, skinless, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Coconut Cream thick, full fat
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 medium sized Bell Pepper any color of choice, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized Carrot thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Cilantro finely chopped (for garnish)
- 1 small Lime cut into wedges (for garnish)
- ¼ cup Toasted Peanuts for garnish (optional)
for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ½ teaspoon Soy Sauce light
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1½ teaspoon Lime juiced (one medium sized)
- ½ teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar can replace with Rice Wine Vinegar or White Vinegar
- In a mixing jar, whisk all the ingredients to make the sauce. Set aside.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a skillet. As the oil shimmers, add the chicken. Cook over medium low heat, stirring often. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the Chicken pieces gets golden brown on the outside. Once cooked, remove from the skillet and set aside. Do not scrape off the bits now.
- In the same skillet, add some more Sesame Oil. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant for about a minute. Next, add the Peanut Butter, Thai Red Curry Paste and Coconut Cream. Stir to combine.
- De glaze the pan with Coconut milk. Add the chopped veggies and cooked Chicken. Cover cook for 5 min.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro, Toasted Peanuts and lime Juice. Serve with rice. Drizzle the sauce on top.