Super Moist Spiced Fruitcake for Christmas with chopped fruits is just so delicious! This Easy to make Fruitcake Recipe is perfect for the holidays and Christmas. This Fruitcake is filled with all of the best Christmas flavors of the season. I have made this Fruitcake with chopped fruits, and some warm festive spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. This fruit cake is a cross between a classic old-fashioned fruitcake and a gingerbread loaf cake. And the results are so tasty!
Hey friends! Today I'll teach y'all how to make the best Fruitcake for the season. Whenever I think of Christmas, I think about Fruitcake. I love enjoying a hot mug of tea with a good fruitcake. This is one of those old nostalgic memories which I have. I remember, when I was young, we used to buy a lot of Fruitcake from the local bakery shop and have it every day for the holiday season.
Also, my Nana used to bake fruitcakes, and of course, she made the best fruitcakes ever. It used to be such cold and chilly days and I used to stay at her place for the holidays. Every evening it was a ritual of ours to enjoy a slice of her moist fruitcake with some hot chocolate.
Growing up, I have always wanted to be as good a baker as she is and today I have learned so much from her. Over the years I have learned that baking is all about following your heart and taking that leap of faith. If you can feel it you can bake it!
Do you love Fruitcake? Well, I love it. The candied fruits, the nuts, and the spices. Although many people prefer to add Alcohol to this holiday cake, I don't. Since I bake this for my kids so I don't.
Thi delicious Christmas Fruitcake is stuffed with all the good stuff - chopped fruits like Raisins, Prunes, Apricots, Fig, and Cherries are used in this one.
Also, many people add nuts to this one. However, since my kids are allergic to nuts I do not use them. However, you can add chopped walnuts or Pecan nuts to the fruit cake batter.
I bake a Christmas Fruitcake, especially on Christmas morning every year. I enjoy this fruit cake so much. Serve this with some Orange juice or hot chocolate and your kids are going to love it to the crumbs...
Also, since Fruitcakes can be easily made ahead of time, you can make the cake and store it in the freezer and give it to someone as a Christmas gift. I love to wrap this up and give it to our nearby church.
Ingredients I have used to make this Super Moist Spiced Fruitcake
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour - All-Purpose flour is required to form the base of the Christmas Fruitcake.
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda & 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder - The Leavening agents for our loaf cake.
- 1/2 teaspoon [Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Ground Ginger] - The spices which will flavor our Christmas Fruitcake.
- 1/4 cup Molasses - Molasses is used to sweeten this Fruitcake. It gives it that vintage fruit cake flavor which we all love.
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract - Vanilla Extract will make this cake smell just like the holidays.
- 1/2 cup Melted Unsalted Butter - Butter is going to make this Fruitcake moist and buttery!
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar - So, besides Molasses, we are using Granulated sugar as well to sweeten this Spiced Fruitcake. Since this is a cake specially made for the holidays so a little bit of extra sweetness is needed to make it feel festive.
- 1 1/2 cup Chopped Fruits - Raisins, Prunes, Cherries, Apricots, Figs, and Pineapples. (I have used chopped fruits to make this fruit cake. The thing about fruits in a fruitcake is the more the merrier)
- 2 tablespoon Whole Milk - I have used Milk to combine everything in my fruit cake. Also, You can replace whole milk with Almond Milk or 2% Milk.
- Sugar Glaze - I have made the sugar glaze by mixing granulated sugar with vanilla extract and a dash of milk. This will be considerably thick but you should be able to drizzle it.
How to make Spiced Fruitcake?
Christmas Fruitcake is such an easy recipe. It's just like any other loaf cake, with a lot more fruits and nuts. Also, this is a quick loaf cake perfect for birthdays as well.
The cake takes about 50 minutes to get baked and when it's done, you get a dense cake ready. However, the moment you slice it out you get that gorgeous mosaic-like pattern of the chopped fruits and nuts and that's the most loved thing about a fruitcake.
How to store Spiced Fruitcake?
This fruitcake can last on the counter at room temperature for 1 week. You can even wrap this up tightly using foil wrap or plastic food wrap and store it in the freezer. This will stay fine in the freezer for 2 weeks. Before serving, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You can even cover and refrigerate this spiced fruitcake for 1 week.
I hope you liked this recipe for Moist and Spiced Fruit Cake. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Super Moist Spiced Fruitcake Recipe
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour 192gm
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ¼ cup Molasses 85gm or 3Oz
- ½ cup Melted Unsalted Butter 1 stick or 4oz
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar 100gm or 3.55 Oz
- ½ teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cup Chopped Fruits (Raisins, Prunes, Cherries, Apricots, Figs, and Pineapples) 192gm
- 2 tablespoon Whole Milk can replace with 2% milk or Almond Milk
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. Grease a loaf tin with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the AP Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and spices - Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Ginger, and Ground Cloves.
- In the same bowl, pour the wet ingredients - Molasses, Granulated sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Combine everything using a wooden spatula. Now throw in the chopped fruits and the milk and stir until combined. The fruitcake batter should be thick and falling off from the spoon.
- Pour the Fruitcake Batter into the baking dish. Bake the Fruitcake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.Make a sugar glaze for the fruitcake by combining the granulated sugar with a splash of milk and a drop of vanilla extract.
- After the fruitcake is baked, cool it down and frost it with the sugar glaze. Cut into slices and serve!
- You can store this fruitcake on the counter for 1 week.
- To freeze this loaf cake, wrap it up tightly using aluminum foil or plastic foil and store it in the freezer. This will stay good for up to 1 month.
- You can also, cover and refrigerate this fruitcake for 1 week.