Thin layers of Strawberry Cake topped with Heavy Cream and Strawberry frosting and loads of fresh Strawberries with some Lemon Zest🍓❤️. This Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake is made with Buttermilk, and are small bite sized bars which are so delicious and yummy dessert!
This takes just 40 minutes ⏱ to make from scratch and is a definite crowd pleaser. Be it for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day or Summers this Strawberry Sheet Cake with Buttermilk is moist and soft covered with a creamy strawberry and cream frosting!🍓🍓😋
Also try my Strawberry Shortcake Recipe.
- 🍓Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk
- 😋 The Best Texas Sheet Cake with Strawberries
- 🍰 More Sheet Cake Recipes
- 🤔 Why is it called Texas Sheet Cake?
- 🤩Perfect Sheet Cake for the Crowd
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 👩🍳 How to make Strawberry Sheet Cake?
- 💯 BONUS TIPS to bake a Sheet Cake evenly
- Strawberry Sheet Cake with Cake Mix
- 🌱 Is this Gluten Free and Vegan?
- 🤔 Can I make this Strawberry Cake in the Slow Cooker?
- 🧊 Storage
- 🤔 Can I use frozen Strawberries?
- 🍓More Strawberry Desserts Recipes
- Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake
🍓Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake with Buttermilk
Whenever you think of Texas Sheet Cake, what's the first thought that crosses your mind?
- Moist and Soft Sheet Cake
- Bite Sized Cake
- Thin layered Cake
- Made using Buttermilk so its naturally moist, soft & fluffy
- Perfect for Parties and Potlucks
😋 The Best Texas Sheet Cake with Strawberries
Whenever I bake Cakes, I love to bake a huge batch. And Sheet Cakes are the best. 🥰☺️
They are perfect for the crowd or if you're just making for your family, you can easily store this for days and enjoy at peace.
And this big batch of Strawberry Sheet Cake is just the best. 🍓❤️❤️
Its full of sweet and tarty Strawberries, topped with Lemon Zest, which of course goes amazingly with Strawberries and the cake is exceptionally moist and berriful.
It truly feels like a perfect Summer Sheet Cake which you can enjoy with a cup of Tea or Coffee and chat off until the sun sets!
So cosy and comforting!!! 😍😍😍
In my family, we just love to bake this Strawberry Sheet Cake for Memorial Day weekend.
Also, for the past two years, my kids have been baking me this for Mother's Day😇😇. I love it soooo much! Also, my husband always takes the leftovers to his office and his friends rave about it!!! They just LOVE these!!!😋❤️❤️
🍰 More Sheet Cake Recipes
- Apple Sheet Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting
- Blueberry Chamomile Swirl Cheesecake in Sheet Pan
- Mango Icebox Cake
- Chocolate Buttermilk Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Coconut Sheet Cake
🤔 Why is it called Texas Sheet Cake?
Most of the time, people ask me why is it called Sheet Cake. Well I think it first appeared in a Texas Newspaper and since then it is referred to as "Texas Sheet Cake".
Also, many people belive that since its a huge batch of cake made in a large sheet pan, which mimics the size or Texas, so the name - "Texas Sheet Cake"!
Whatever maybe the reason to call Sheet Cakes, Texas Sheet Cake, its always fun to bake these and are such a crowd pleaser!!!😋😋😋
🤩Perfect Sheet Cake for the Crowd
This is the perfect dessert to feed the crowd. It makes huge batch of cakes which easily feeds the crowd. Also, this can be easily made ahead of time and stored for a long time.
If you are using a full sized Sheet Pan which is about 26 by 18 inches, then you can make about 54 bars.
If you're making in a half sheet pan, which is about 18 by 13 inches, then you should make about 24 bars.
If you're making in a quarter sized Sheet Pan of size 9 by 13 inches, then you should make about 16 bars.
The standard size of Sheet Pan, most people use is that of 9 by 13 inches.
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SHEET CAKE
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
- Brown Sugar
- Canola Oil
FOR THE SHEET CAKE FROSTING
- Heavy Cream
- Strawberry Puree
- Freshly chopped Strawberries
- Lemon Zest
See recipe card for quantities. Also, watch the video for a quick visual.
👩🍳 How to make Strawberry Sheet Cake?
STEP 1: MAKE CAKE BATTER
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a 9x13" sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to make the cake batter (except the Strawberries) in a large mixing bowl
- Fold until combined using a wooden spatula. Add the freshly chopped Strawberries and fold once or twice.
- Pour this mixture in a lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
STEP 2: HOW TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY CREAM FROSTING
- Beat Heavy cream using a mixer until thick and creamy
- Blend a few Strawberries in a high speed blender and make a puree
- Combine the beaten cream with the Strawberry puree
- Smother the frosting over warm baked Sheet Cake.
- Top with freshly chopped Strawberries and Lemon Zest
- Cut into squares and serve.
💯 BONUS TIPS to bake a Sheet Cake evenly
- After you've poured the cake batter in the sheet pan, tap it on the counter a few times.
- This will get rid of air bubbles if any in the cake and get you an evenly baked sheet cake with a flat top.
Strawberry Sheet Cake with Cake Mix
Sheet Cake, especially Texas Sheet Cake is made using Cake Mix. However, I do not like packaged items so I have made this Sheet Cake using simple pantry ingredients.
However, if you're using boxed Cake Mix, you can use White Cake Mix or Strawberry Cake Mix if you can grab it.
If you're using Boxed Cake Mix, skip the All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda & Baking Powder
🌱 Is this Gluten Free and Vegan?
Well, this isn't really Gluten Free and Vegan. However to make a gluten free version, skip All Purpose Flour and use Gluten Free Baking Flour Blend.
For Vegan version, skip Eggs and use Flaxeggs (1tbsp Flaxseeds + 2 tablespoon water).
Also make your own Vegan Buttermilk using Almond milk and a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar. Let it curdle for a minute and use.
🤔 Can I make this Strawberry Cake in the Slow Cooker?
Sheet Cakes are generally made in the Sheet Pan and hence the name "Sheet Cake"
However, if you do not want to bake in the oven, you can use the same recipe and dump and bake a simple Strawberry Cake in the Slow Cooker.
It will of course be equally delicious and comforting, only the shape and size will be different.
Store leftover Strawberry Sheet Cake in the freezer. You can wrap the leftovers with a foil and place it in the freezer for 2-3 months.
🤔 Can I use frozen Strawberries?
Of course, thaw and use frozen Strawberries. You can blend the Strawberries in a high speed blender and then use it.
🍓More Strawberry Desserts Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Strawberry Crisp
- Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
- No-Bake Mini Strawberry Mousse Cups
- Strawberry Pie Cream Cheese Muffins (with Oil)
- Strawberry Lemon Tartlets – No Flour | Gluten Free
I hope you liked this recipe. If you happen to make this recipe, then comment below and rate this recipe. Also, tag me with #recipemagik on Instagram.
Strawberry Texas Sheet Cake
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SHEET CAKE
- 2 CUPS All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Strawberries chopped
FOR THE STRAWBERRY CREAM FROSTING
- 1 cup Strawberry pureed
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Strawberries freshly chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper. Combine all the ingredients to make the cake batter in a large mixing bowl using a spatula. Fold until combined. Finally, fold in the chopped Strawberries just until combined.
- Pour this cake batter in the lined baking dish. Tap it on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles. Bake in the 375F preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Beat Heavy Cream in a large mixing bowl until you get stiff peaks. Blend a few strawberries in a blender to make Strawberry puree. Combine the whipped Cream and Strawberry Puree until combined. Spread this over the baked cake.
- Top the cake with freshly chopped Strawberries and Lemon Zest. Cut into squares and serve.